G-III Apparel

G-III Apparel Chairman and CEO Morris Goldfarb

Morris Goldfarb

Definitely Worth an Internship or Two

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPrestigious company and labels such as Calvin Klein. Easy commute from anywhere, right between Times Sq and Penn Station on Fashion Ave. Learn a lot about the fashion industry and get to intern in a lot of different departments. Work with important buyers from Sak's Fifth Ave, Macy's, etc.

ConsCompany culture is very Devil Wears Prada. Compensation often very low because of competitive fashion industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like people and increase communication. Try to weed out the gossip and negativity.

Not all it's cracked up to be

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent benefits that are in line with other similar companies, and a generous holiday schedule that includes days like Christmas Eve and the day after Thanksgiving.

ConsLack of personal growth due to being micromanaged, makes it difficult to focus on actually doing your job. There is no sense of team unity, rather more of a competitive atmosphere where you're constantly watching your back. Management is threatened by strong employees so will constantly look for ways to keep you down and make you feel inferior.

Garmento run

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKnows how to capitalize on brands that are licensed and leverage licensor to grow business

ConsLack of understanding how to build brands- in the dark ages re retail today. Not good people- period.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CAD artist / print and pattern development

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are large volumes of work.

ConsLong hours / micro managing / you are not compensated for late hours and everything is a RUSH

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a class in business management.

Not what they make it out to be

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsDecent benefits, 401K, Healthcare, decent discount on items.

ConsLack of training. Management is impossible to contact. HR can't seem to get benefits straight. They threaten your job when you don't make your numbers. Don't ask questions or complain to HR or they will fire you. Serious lack of leadership. You can make your numbers for a month straight and not hear a peep, but miss a day and expect to answer questions. I have a feeling I was let go because they wanted to make an example of me to frighten other associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour expectations are too high with the tools and products you provide stores with. Fear is a terrible motivator, so telling managers that they will be fired if they don't produce isn't going to make them want to work harder. If you want better results talk to your people like they are actual people. Some of your tactics are borderline illegal, and you know it. You sell a good product, so empower your people, treat them with respect and you really could have something great.

Employed as result of takover

Operations (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsUpper management is cutthroat, but the rest of the staff is nice to work with. If you get employed directly by them, it's a good place to work. If you get employed as a result of a merger, start looking for a new job.

ConsCompany tends to expand by acquisition and then get rid of most inherited employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat new, inherited people with more respect.

Pleasant and casual. No structure for growth in salary or title.

ProsFriendly and supportive co-workers. Job stability.

ConsNo annual review. Company doesn't like to have job titles therefore they pay less than the average.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your employees on an action plan for growth. Have annual reviews and keep it at the same time each year.

A learning experience

Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat relationship with coworkers. Learned a lot about all aspects of garment manufacturing.

ConsNot fairly compensated. Under staffed in a lot of areas

Advice to Senior ManagementTake note in the people who true work hard for the company interest free because they truly love what they do. And reward them accordingly. A lot of employees feel
    Neglected.

Stable, but not exciting in terms of product

Designer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsStable, good hours for the fashion industry.

ConsNot very clear management structure. Run very "family business" style, even though the company has grown quite large

Advice to Senior ManagementMore standard performance review practices, allow employees to explore and work towards advancement.

i'm really appreciating the seasoned marketing and branding executive & G-III is a leading manufacturer and distributor

Food Safety Hygiene Manager (Current Employee) Jakarta (Indonesia)

ProsG-III’s business outlook or future economic performance, anticipated revenues, expenses or other financial items; product introductions and plans is completely amazing and takes the best care of its employes .

ConsNo one is perfect and it is this imperfection which develops the organization and G-lll's is really showing its talent and crosses its barriers .

Advice to Senior Managementwork with honestly and keep in mind G-lll is our bread and butter .

Worked for G-III Apparel? Contribute to the Community!