G.L Mezzetta Reviews

3.2
Jeff Mezzetta

1. Mezzetta

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta

Pros

Mezzetta has fantastic products and a team of professionals who really want to win the market but only in the right way. There are no politics or hidden agendas here. We are not perfect but we are genuine, honest and trustworthy.

Cons

no real obstacles worth noting

2. Work with us!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive co workers and managers. Fast growing with a lot of opportunity to move up. Up to date on the latest business trends and technologies. Nationally recognized brand.

Cons

Every work has its downsides. Mezzetta is a good place to work though overall. Great people and facilities! Who can complain about working in the Napa Valley?

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development programs! So many of us want to grow and stay with Mezzetta.

Very dysfunctional company. Family operated and poorly managed.

I worked at G.L Mezzetta

Pros

The general staff are nice people but few stay very long. The products are good.

Cons

CEO don't know what he doesn't know but he thinks he knows it all. Very ego driven, controlling and has major trust issues. He holds the company back from being a great company because he can't trust the senior managers that are hired to take the company to the next level. They go through staff on a regular basis...only a very select few have stayed with the company because they tell the owner what he wants to hear. Employees are not treated well or respected, poor benefits and bad culture. Very toxic place to work.

Advice to Management

Find someone else to run the company.

5. Poorly Managed

I worked at G.L Mezzetta

Pros

- The Product Lines are fun and most are very good quality - Base compensation is competitive - Good work-life balance

Cons

- Very limited vision and no cohesive direction - A big brother mentality towards personnel mgmt - Transparency is highly discouraged. Individuals are literally laid off for challenging the status quo. If I hadn't already left the company, I would be afraid to post this review for fear of retaliation (and am still fearful that they would try to tarnish my reputation months later). - The company prides itself on culture and top talent acquisition, but anyone talented can't be retained because of the poor culture - Benefits are sub-standard at best, and progressively worse - Basic business functions are mediocre. The company is managed on a whim.

6. Horrible

Former Employee - Employee in American Canyon, CA
    Former Employee - Employee in American Canyon, CA

I worked at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people are nice.

Cons

Everything! There isn't one good thing to say. People are treated badly by upper management and they act like you owe it to them to work many long hours and weekends because they need to run production.

Advice to Management

Hire better decisions makers that actually went to school.

7. Great people behind a Great Product, Growing Company with lots of learning threw out the way

Current Employee - Office Administrative in American Canyon, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrative in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel very fortunate to be part of a company that is quickly growing and continuing to strive. In my 5+ years I have experienced the expansion of employees, offices, management and programs. Management shares high-level goals and company changes; they're accessible. It’s a family feel culture working environment.

Cons

The commute time is variable from either direction, 35min to an hour. Office space is limited due to the quick expansion. Some programs/resources are outdated, but management is aware and slowly starting to make those adjustments.

Advice to Management

Sometimes changes are assumed to be communicated. A more defined career path would be helpful to pan out. Please continue to be accessible it shows great connection within the team no matter what position they are in.

8. Good company. Great People

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mezzetta is a growing company with a very collaborative team. There are many employees who have been here for more than 10 years, with some over 25 years. With all growing companies people come and go. Cultural fit is key and if it's not there some can view there experience as a negative one. When you believe in a company's vision and participate in the growth its a very positive thing.

Cons

Need to improve our hiring process to ensure long tenure, as well as provide the company experience and expertise as we move into the future.

Advice to Management

Continue with screening process for cultural fit during hiring process, as well as training for employee satisfaction and growth.

9. Connection

I worked at G.L Mezzetta

Pros

Great people who care for each other. I worked with a team I felt connected to.

Cons

Not in the bay area. The local commute to get to the plant is crazy.

Advice to Management

Need to do pre hire personality test hire only good fit candidates.

10. A Company that is Growing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I have been working at G.L Mezzetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has really evolved over the last few years. Not only do they make a great product, but they are really growing their culture and living their beliefs in connection, vibrance and opportunity, etc. They are hiring some creative and outgoing people who are really adding value to the company and are making a big impact on the business. They continue to grow, so there is opportunity to grow your career with the company.

Cons

Their benefits need to be more competitive.

Advice to Management

I think Management is doing a great job to empower the employees to make a difference in helping the company move forward. They are investing and training and development and working to drive change that will make the company successful.

11. Interesting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Canyon, CA

I worked at G.L Mezzetta

Pros

Fully Paid Medical Plan, 401K, Growing Food Manufacturer that may have more opportunity for growth in the future.

Cons

Managers not necessarily good at being a manager. Managers are working managers who are good at what they specialize in but not necessarily good at managing others. There is more work than people since the company has grown tremendously in the last 5 years. Folk are over worked.

Advice to Management

Small fish in a company are important also. Listen to them.

RSS Feed </> Embed