G.S. Schwartz

www.schwartz.com

G.S. Schwartz Reviews

3.3

Don Middleberg

excellent place to work, salary, benefits, people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at G.S. Schwartz full-time

Pros

promotions from within, great clients, access to the president of the firm, direct involvement in agency policy making, overall great experience

Cons

some turnover among lower level employees and can be a little clicky... meaning people stick together against others

don't favor certain people as much and treat people the same. more consistent policies

Over promise and under deliver.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at G.S. Schwartz

Pros

The company is small and you have a lot of face time with your superiors. It is in a nice part of town.

Cons

I was hired at 2/3 time for 2/3 pay with the understanding that my salary and hours worked would increase after a specific date. When the date came and went, I asked if I shouldn't sign a new contract at my new pay rate since I was working full time now. I was informed that there would be no pay increase. They were clearly happy to let me work full time for 2/3 pay. As I was working on my reduced hours proposal the following week, I was laid off completely. I had relocated for this job. Since I worked for them for only 9 weeks, I was not eligible for severance or unemployment. I had not yet even earned insurance or vacation days, because you have to be in full time employ for 3 months to get those benefits. I was promised that they would keep me in mind for freelance opportunities, then escorted out of the office as if I were a criminal. They gave me 2 weeks of severance pay, letting me know how generous they were to be doing so.

Would-be employees should be reminded by management that the word of the company is not bond. Phone conversations should be recorded and agreements put in writing. Do not make any life changing decisions in order to work for this company.

Worked for G.S. Schwartz? Contribute to the Community!