G.S. Schwartz

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Don Middleberg

excellent place to work, salary, benefits, people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prospromotions from within, great clients, access to the president of the firm, direct involvement in agency policy making, overall great experience

Conssome turnover among lower level employees and can be a little clicky... meaning people stick together against others

Advice to Senior Managementdon't favor certain people as much and treat people the same. more consistent policies

Over promise and under deliver.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company is small and you have a lot of face time with your superiors. It is in a nice part of town.

ConsI was hired at 2/3 time for 2/3 pay with the understanding that my salary and hours worked would increase after a specific date. When the date came and went, I asked if I shouldn't sign a new contract at my new pay rate since I was working full time now. I was informed that there would be no pay increase. They were clearly happy to let me work full time for 2/3 pay. As I was working on my reduced hours proposal the following week, I was laid off completely. I had relocated for this job. Since I worked for them for only 9 weeks, I was not eligible for severance or unemployment. I had not yet even earned insurance or vacation days, because you have to be in full time employ for 3 months to get those benefits. I was promised that they would keep me in mind for freelance opportunities, then escorted out of the office as if I were a criminal. They gave me 2 weeks of severance pay, letting me know how generous they were to be doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould-be employees should be reminded by management that the word of the company is not bond. Phone conversations should be recorded and agreements put in writing. Do not make any life changing decisions in order to work for this company.

Worked for G.S. Schwartz? Contribute to the Community!