G&D Integrated

1.9

Joe O'Neill

It was so/so

I have been working at G&D Integrated

Pros

hourly rate of pay is better

Cons

disatchers not familiar with driving experiences

25 years with the company and all I got was a boot in the butt.

Current Employee - Driver  in  Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Rockford, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In recent years not a thing! It used to be a wonderful company you not only had employee loyalty you had employer loyalty. There was mutual respect, loyalty and genuine gratitude to be working together. Now none of those things exist the company is only out to make a buck for itself with no regard for their employees.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, no respect,no trust, no loyalty. Also don't believe them when they say they contribute to your 401 k this year I have put in about $2500 and their contribution has been $174.00, don't believe them when they say they'll check and see if you'll get a raise. They've been lying for several years. You took a hit so the company could regain it's footing yet you have yet to regain yours. They have forgotten on whose back the company has been built. Without the drivers where would they be?

Start caring about those who work for you maybe you'll regain their trust and loyalty.

short term future, dishonest leadership

Former Employee - Management  in  Morton, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Morton, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are none these days. Company has been for sale for several years, creating an environment where leadership is only considering profitability vs the future. Company has lost many contracts and decreasing in size.

Cons

No longer have any concern for their employees. It is all about company profitability and even at the expense of the hard working, revenue generating employees. Wages were cut, 401K stopped, benefits were cut to make the shareholders more profits. SR management is no longer honest with employees......most communication is propaganda to make those believe things are no as bad as they truly are.

Be honest with your employees. pay your employees a fair wage vs increasing owner profits.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Going Nowhere

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Not much to speak about. Best years are behind this company.

Cons

Leadership here is about citing books and slogans. There is no longer anyone at the top who 'earned their stripes'. Customers valued managers who knew and understood their business. All that institutional knowledge is now gone.

You can't manage what you don't know - and sadly you don't know much of anything. The culture here has become very negative. Accountability is a good thing, but you have been playing the blame game for too long. Bottom line is that you have nothing of value to offer current and future customers. You have ruined relationships with key accounts and have destroyed any credibility you had.

Poorly managed. Closed minded to outside ideas

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Decatur, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time for more than a year

Pros

steady work, overtime available, reasonable sick time policy

Cons

lack of structured safety training, assembly training, no employment development training. Training was word of mouth one employee to another

Appreciate and utilize ideas new employees bring to you. They might be better. Different is not always bad.

Depends on Position

Current Employee - KK ISS Procurement  in  East Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - KK ISS Procurement in East Peoria, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best position is by far being a material handler. Move containers from A to B for 8 maybe 10 hours a day if your lucky to get the overtime. I have had the privilege to work 6 different positions for G&D. I am one of the few to do this. As I enjoy learning and getting more money. The earned time, benefits, and paid holidays meet expectations.

Cons

If you take any position other than material handler get ready to be aggravated. If you are a hard worker they will take advantage of it. Expecting it all the time. My analogy for this is Lisa Simpson getting all A's, but when she gets a "B" she gets in trouble. Meanwhile Bart gets a "C" and they throw him a party. My advice be Bart, ignorance is bliss at this company. If you have ideas they tell you to put them on a card, 4 months later someone else takes credit for your idea. If you have an issue you need resolved they tell you to put it on a card, it wont get resolved unless the cardholder gets acknowledged for correcting the situation. He or she is not doing it for your benefit they are doing it to make themselves look good. I have had to endure my hours being cut to 32 per week, a week shutdown every month for 6 months out of the year, and a wage freeze. We will be having another shutdown in July. Do I go through the headache of drawing unemployment or just go a week without pay? If you get any shift other than 1st I feel sorry for you. As this company has 2 standards set for its employees one for 1st shift and one for everyone else. As poor performance on first is a reflection upon management, so they can do no wrong. As you can see from other reviews there is a lot of pointing fingers. G&D are the fall guys for the company they work for 2nd shift is the fall guys for first shift. And there isn't anything you can do about it. Accountability is wasted on the current management staff.

The company has taken a step forward however I feel it will be taking 2 steps back. As you take advantage of the engaged employees that would better the company. Holding them back from reaching their true potential. Causing them to seek employment elsewhere, as I intend to do. How will your company run without people like me? My supervisor came to me for questions on how to do his job. How do you think that makes me feel? What do you think will happen when I am gone? The part about there being cliques is absolutely unequivocally true. It doesn't matter how hard you work how intelligent you are. That makes you an outsider. I see a section about the CEO if I approve or not. We were in an all employee meeting where he mentioned the need and acquisition of new drivers, but couldn't even give me the wage for what was being offered to them. This is exactly the type of engaged management we have all across the board. A bunch of people just in it for the paycheck and self recognition feeding on the honest hard work of their employees taking credit that they do not deserve. They have no desire to look at the "Big Picture". Only what is facing them on this day. They hold no essence for the company they work which trickles down the ranks. That's why so many people posted review like "easy paycheck".

No raise for 2.5 years. Hours cut. Don't waste your time working here.

Current Employee - Warehouse  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Peoria, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time for more than a year

Pros

A paycheck although a very small one.

Cons

Don't work for G&D unless you are able to get an office or management job. If you start out in a warehouse or assembly position youre better off working fast food. I worked at a Peoria location and haven't had a raise for 2.5 years and have lived off food stamps. Frequent pay cuts and wage freezes are common for this company. Asked about education assistance but was given an explanation that it wouldn't be very unlikely to have it approved regardless of the situation. There is no room for advancement and if you have an entry level job you will hate waking up in the morning going to work. I have never worked for a worse company in my lifetime. Stay away!

If you want employees to stay and be "engaged" you will have to pay them livable wages and schedule pay raises. I understand the economics but you can't give employees nothing to look forward to and expect them to stay very long.

Laid back, easy paycheck.

Former Employee - Forklift Operator  in  Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - Forklift Operator in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great hours and overtime. Good benefits.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement or training.

Train

it's a job. that's all

Current Employee - Yard Spotter  in  Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Yard Spotter in Aurora, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time for more than a year

Pros

close to home. that's a plus

Cons

zero management, pay sucks, company sucks

work!

Disorganized

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Decatur, IL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Decatur, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to use my knowledge and experience. They provided support and training to accomplish projects the way they wanted them done.

Cons

Lack of timely communication. Dislike of me working with the customer's management to ensure agreement on changes I decided to make to the facility or process.

When you hire an employee who has numerous years of experience with your customer, ask questions about why a process needs to be performed a certain way, look at them as an asset to your company, not a person who is trying to undermine your success. This knowledge could make you more successful with the client.

Worked for G&D Integrated? Contribute to the Community!