G&D Integrated Reviews

2.2
Joe O'Neill

1. Ok

I worked at G&D Integrated

Pros

I made some great friends

Cons

Management was terrible and always changing

2. material handeler

Current Employee - Team Leader/Material Handeler in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Team Leader/Material Handeler in Peoria, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated (Less than a year)

Pros

it is a job has decent benefits , 3% raises once a year

Cons

The layoffs , freezing raises , taking 5% of pay away when things get rough , took away bonus and never reinstated them except for the management

Advice to Management

Need to promote from within instead of hiring straight off the street , somebody who knows nothing about the company or the factory we are working in.

3. White men only need apply

I have been working at G&D Integrated (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of any pros other than some good co workers.

Cons

This is a terrible place to work unless you are a white male. President is slowly driving out all diversity.

5. Improvement takes time and it's slow, but it's worth the wait.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In the Central Illinois Area in my career path, there is no other company offering this level opportunities that come with the job I currently have at G&D. My field is constantly changing with the times, and G&D is currently allowing for those changes at faster rate to remain competitive.

Cons

Customer economic outlook is a driving factor at G&D -- it's unfortunate, but part of the business. Diversification would help, but Big Yellow is really all there is to chase in Central Illinois. With customer outlook at a low, the quantity of work is also low, even in my field of expertise. It makes for scary times.

Advice to Management

Keep diversifying your customer portfolio so some of your support groups can continue to provide skills, expertise, and services.

6. The 2009 recession changed everything

Current Employee - Management in Morton, IL
    Current Employee - Management in Morton, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After a huge decline in top line revenues that started in 2009, the company has found stability with our customers and our finances. The company went from a customer approval rating of less than 75% in 2012 to a consolidated approval of 95% in 2014. Based on our 2014 employee engaement survey, 60% of our employees are engaged, which is DOUBLE what most companies in America have. This is a company that has found its footing and is ready to launch again, similar to the growth we had from 2002-2008.

Cons

Tough business climate within our current market segments. Will likley be tough for another year based on our customer insight and market intelligence. Our market diversification plan should combat this over time, but it will take several years to impact our current market concentration.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage employees in decisions. Decisions on how to delight our customer and grow revenue. A growing G&D is a stronger G&D that can afford more for all employees. And as a service company, our employees must own the customer experience that helps us continue to grow. It really is a complete circle. Great employees create delighted customers, who in turn reward the company with more business, which then allows the company to do more for our employees. But it all starts with employees who are engaged, have good skills, and are focused on creating a great experience for our customers. It really is that easy.

7. Good experience

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Was a great place to work until 2013

Cons

Lost 200+ years experience within months after financially restructuring in 2013.

"smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Manager in Morton, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Morton, IL

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Company has quality workers in distribution operations, strong technologies, and professional drivers in their Midwest and Southeast Operations.

Cons

Company is dishonest with their employees. Wages were cut, 401K eliminated, bonus / incentive compensation packages removed and cost of benefits have more than doubled in 3 years. All of this coming after record revenue / profits in their largest division in 2012. Increasing ownership profitability due to inability to sell the company is reason for all of this, NOT the recession issues from 2008-09.

Advice to Management

Stop using the recession of 5+ years ago to justify your negative actions towards employees and inability to secure additional customers. Quit having your executive management team write the positive reviews on this site. Using the term "delighting our customers" only comes from the CEO mouth.

CEO wrote the last review?

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at G&D Integrated full-time

Pros

Severance pay, pre-2013 mutual respect, generally anything prior to March 1, 2013. Most good people that weren't laid off have found other jobs at better companies.

Cons

Getting laid off sucks psychologically, replacement managers of lower caliber in some cases. Some of these and the Indeed reviews sound like propaganda, forcing my hand to write a review.

Advice to Management

Stop with the propaganda on reviews sites. Don't spend money remodeling your corner office when laying off hundreds of employees. Learn how to consider factors other than dollars when making decisions. For instance, one of the new company values is to engage employees. They started a program to use vending coupons worth one dollar as recognition when an employee did something beneficial for the company, but the new CFO and new President quickly stopped the program due to cost. It seems like a few hundred bucks a year wouldn't break the bank but maybe the company financial position is really that bad? The contract logistics side of the business is being sold and the company will only be a transportation company after that. I suppose that could be really good for the folks left in contract logistics as they may have the chance to be part of a better company.

10. 25 years with the company and all I got was a boot in the butt.

Current Employee - Driver in Rockford, IL
    Current Employee - Driver in Rockford, IL

I have been working at G&D Integrated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

In recent years not a thing! It used to be a wonderful company you not only had employee loyalty you had employer loyalty. There was mutual respect, loyalty and genuine gratitude to be working together. Now none of those things exist the company is only out to make a buck for itself with no regard for their employees.

Cons

Low pay, long hours, no respect,no trust, no loyalty. Also don't believe them when they say they contribute to your 401 k this year I have put in about $2500 and their contribution has been $174.00, don't believe them when they say they'll check and see if you'll get a raise. They've been lying for several years. You took a hit so the company could regain it's footing yet you have yet to regain yours. They have forgotten on whose back the company has been built. Without the drivers where would they be?

Advice to Management

Start caring about those who work for you maybe you'll regain their trust and loyalty.

11. It was so/so

I have been working at G&D Integrated

Pros

hourly rate of pay is better

Cons

disatchers not familiar with driving experiences

RSS Feed </> Embed