G&K Services

G&K Services Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

G&K Services CEO and Director Douglas A. (Doug) Milroy

Douglas A. (Doug) Milroy

Pros
  • I have been working at G&K Services for less than 3 months as a outside sales rep(in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits and lots of long time sales employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Rumors that Bohemia shop will be closing, don't waste your time with G&K like I did(in 13 reviews)

• Extremely long hours driving without any breaks(in 12 reviews)

Great place to work. Salt of the earth people.

National Account Executive (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsDiverse product offering, diverse points of contact. Many moving parts in our company.

ConsNone that come to mind. A bit of a negative stigma to our industry

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue putting the customer first

Always a great day at G&K!

National Accounts (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsI've been with G&K for 14 years in four different positions. G&K values its employees and hires within providing opportunities for career growth. In addition we value our customers as demonstrated by our Customer Promise. It's important to me to work for a company that values both without compromising one or the other.

ConsI'm looking forward to having a telecommuting policy in place.

TSR

TSR Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI have been working at G&K Services for less than 3 months as a outside sales rep.

Pros – G&K does an excellent job investing in their employees helping them to identity and work towards a career path.
    CEO Doug Milroy is an excellent leader who is trusted and well respected.

ConsCons – Ability to Keep up with technology is slow. Takes a long time to get anything done. Management take forever to reply to your emails or your needs. Everyone wants and says one thing. There's always a mistake with your orders. Customers get frustrated with the slow process.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work hard and you are rewarded.. career advancement in any area

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsI've worked for GK for 7 years..Everyone has a goal set yearly that they are part of choosing.. if you work hard you make good money... if you hit your goals you increase your salary and potential advancement if you let it be known the path you want to take. CEO is open to understand employee needs and willing to listen. Good benefits and lots of long time sales employees.

ConsFor people that don't do thier job they won't make it here. Some challenges on keeping up with product demand. Need more DP solutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep taking the company in the direction you have been.. and open to hearing your employees as you have been it's been a great direction for the company.

Has the potential to be a great organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsI had the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills that easily translated into new opportunities outside the company.

ConsDecisions are not made based upon employee performance. They are made based upon a popularity contest where loyalty to the leadership is the most important characteristic.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall the executive leadership team is comprised of highly competent leaders with a great deal of integrity. There is one exception who needs to be removed from the organization. This individual has caused many highly intelligent and motivated employees to leave the company.

Dead End Sales Career

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsThe District Sales Manager is a good person to work with. He is very relaxed and letting you do what you need to do in order to close the business

ConsThere is no room for advancement. For a promotion you get a different title and maybe a raise. You dont get different job responsibilities you will continue to do the same thing. SO if you dont want to advance and stay doing the same thing day in and day out this is the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe very clear to your reps on how there is no room for advancement.

It was promising...

Prossome good people to work with, flexibility and work/life balance a plus.

ConsPay is extremely dispare, not quite related to performance. No career advancement, extremely political. You will only go as far as your friends will take you. Good luck with your professional development if you are in HR, the is no room for growth and diversity in leadership positions is extremely limited, brace for a good ol' boy network.

Advice to Senior ManagementExamine your leadership team, there is a reason why overall turnover is so high in certain places. Change the "managers can do no wrong" mentality. Some initiatives require investment...everything cannot be accomplished on a dime.

excellent training program

National Account Executive (Former Employee) San Fernando, CA

ProsTraining program in Minneapolis was very thorough. Management at Corporate was very informative and helpful.

ConsLack of communication from local offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to communicate more frequently with middle management.

I'm a lifer!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsG&K does an excellent job investing in their employees helping them to identity and work towards a career path.

ConsTheir ability to Keep up with technology is slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoug Milroy is an excellent leader who is trusted and well respected.

Great 6 years

Territory Sales Executive (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsGreat training and support from upper management

ConsDecent pay and some people stuck in old school ways

Advice to Senior ManagementStay engaged with the customers

Worked for G&K Services? Contribute to the Community!