G&K Services

G&K Services Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2014

G&K Services CEO and Director Douglas A. (Doug) Milroy

Douglas A. (Doug) Milroy

Pros
  • I have been working at G&K Services for less than 3 months as a outside sales rep(in 15 reviews)

• Good benefits and lots of long time sales employees(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Rumors that Bohemia shop will be closing, don't waste your time with G&K like I did(in 13 reviews)

• Extremely long hours driving without any breaks(in 12 reviews)

Good company to work for.

Corporate Employee (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

Pros- Team members are very supportive
    - Executive Management team is amazing.

Cons- Less Diversity.
    - Hierarchical structure.
    - Packets of micro management.

Advice to Senior ManagementCouple of things
    1.Sense of urgency in everything creates inefficiency and dissatisfaction. 2. Though CEO promotes open culture, many are not open especially in the middle management. If Management can address these G&K can create great work environment.

Current employee

ProsExcellent fast pace career path

Conssometimes inconsistent philosophy on core business from local personnel

Key Account Program Manager

Key Account Executive (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsVacation is good and we also have ETO that we can accumulate

ConsMaybe look at the benefits,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) Graham, NC

ProsG&K is a great company to work for. The believe in advancement and for the most part treat their employees well.

ConsAbility to keep up with technology. Many of the systems are dated. They should consider updating programs to keep up with competitors.

Loader / Unloader

Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGreat exercise, I lost 10 pounds while working here.

ConsTime management is non-existing. Very Greedy,

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to tell corporate NO!

Management at G&k

Route Manager (Current Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsVery ethical company to work for. Very customer focused.

ConsSalaried employees are required to work a ridiculous amount of hours. 60-70 hour work week.

No sales culture. Company makes money by price gauging current clients. Customer Promise is a Joke.

DSM (Former Employee)

ProsA good place for rookie sales people to get a solid introductory sales training program. Stay for one year maximum.

ConsNearly a 70% turn over rate per year. This is a fact folks. Horrible Management. Unethical price increases to customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo ahead and sell the company. You don't own your corporate HQ and you are outsourcing too many positions corp wide. Anyone can see a sale is coming. Stock price is built on price increases. Year over year sales increase are non existent. Company has not had year over year sales increase in years.

Great place to be everyday

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsLove my job! Provide support with my team, both home and field, to deliver the best service to our customers. It's challenging, changing and there's never a dull moment. Live the customer promise to ensure deliveries are complete, billing is simple and needs get met promptly.

ConsNot enough time in the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementAcknowledge the amazing commitment of your employees with positive actions.

First class company with high integrity

Senior Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCEO who recognizes that people make the difference

ConsNeed to ensure a better work life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep treating the employees like family, and we will all succeed

Promise Keepers!

National Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsIt's like working with your family! Long tenured employees who want to come to work and care about their job. In turn, they care about the customer. All employees are focused on their part of the Customer Promise and how their job makes a difference! Upper management has genuine care and concern for their people,

ConsThat service team works some long hours and often times it's a thankless job! All people don't share the same sense of urgency as I do.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mindful of how your employees communicate. It may not be same as you, but not wrong. There can never be enough positive reinforcement!

Worked for G&K Services? Contribute to the Community!