G2 Inc.

www.g2-inc.com

G2 Inc. Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2014

Paul Green

Smart people working for all the right reasons

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsOpen, creative, innovative environment. Technology people from all walks of life working on some meaningful, challenging work. Family values and open door policies across management. Strong benefits and compensation. Large number of contracts for a smaller company with plenty of position flexibility.

Consif you are not intrinsically motivated you may struggle with the pace and drive of the other engineers. Various typical pains while dealing with mostly federal gov contracts.

G2 Inc. Corporate Recruiter responded to this review

Jun 30, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

My big take away from your comments are being "Intrinsically Motivated". You hit the nail on the head! At G2 we deliberately hire candidates
    ... More

G2, is not only a great place to work, it is a great place to grow as a person and as an innovator.

ProsG2 is a very great place to work. Everyone makes you feel right at home and helps you to fit in right away. There was no point where I felt uncomfortable or shy. Anytime I had questions or concerns, someone was right there to help me solve the problem and help me find answers. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends, and I have even told my friends to apply.

ConsThere aren't any cons that come to mind when I think about it. Everything seems to run smoothly, and every time I needed help or had questions, someone was there to answer and help me immediately.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up all the good work with everything that you have been doing. I can't really think of anything that I do not like or that I would like to see changed.

G2 Inc. Corporate Recruiter responded to this review

Jun 30, 2014

We like innovators!

At G2, we take a deliberate and focused approach to innovation. Every year, we re-invest a significant portion of our profits into an internal, Research and Development grant
    ... More

A taste of silicon valley on the east coast

ProsThe culture and environment is incredible. It is similar to how movies/TV portray google or facebook campuses. It is a small company in a growing field with an incredible business plan/outlook. My first day included getting soda from their complementary soda fountains along with their industrial keurigs, going through paperwork, and getting shot by my recruiter with a dart gun...three times. Management still does a great job of controlling this chaos and get work done and innovate on our projects.

ConsThere is absolutely no cell service in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work and give out dart guns to everybody, not just the recruiters.

G2 Inc. Employer Representative responded to this review

Jun 24, 2014

Thanks for the great review! For the record, the Nerf guns were holiday gifts from the Director of People Services to the recruiters. lol You're more than welcome to bring your own Nerf weapon of ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at G2 has been an amazing and enjoyable experience so far.

Security Engineer (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsG2 is very much an employee centric company. They genuinely value the people that work here by giving them the freedom to be creative in the solutions they develop for customers. The corporate culture is also very supportive in that it encourages cooperation, creativity, and most importantly open and honest communication.

ConsG2 is still a small company and certain policies and procedures are still being developed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do everything you can to keep the great small company culture of fun, innovation and collaboration going no matter how big G2 gets.

Great Place to work...

Director (Former Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsG2 presents a small company feel, great leaders, innovation opportunities.

ConsThere are not many cons to G2 except some of the niche areas are hard to find staffing for so you may spend some time waiting between projects.

Happy with move to G2. I was tired of being just a number and being treated only as a profit source. G2 fixed that.

Systems Security Engineer (Current Employee) Annapolis Junction, MD

ProsBenefits are great
    Small company feel, i know most of the people in payroll and in HR, i know who i can go to for questions. Plus They know who i am.
    HR and Recruiting are top notch, i hear from HR monthly and it just to see how i am doing.

ConsTo many managers for such a small company.
    Managers and Executives say they want to keep company small, but their actions are not showing that. they seem to be wanting to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the small company feel and keep the level of communication high. HR , Recruiting and Payroll departments make the difference.

Small Company with Large Company Overhead

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

Prosplenty of contracts. Management pays you while you are on the bench between contracts. flexible hours. Fully stocked fridge w/free sodas, snack, fruit, etc. Game room. Happy Hours

ConsLots of overhead, which leads to lower than industry standard pay. There are other companies of similar size that do not have as many people on overhead (aka non-billable folks) and pay much more while still providing similar benefits/atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementLay off people that arent billable. Pay your talented employees above the standard. If you want the best, then pay the best.

G2 - A great Place to Work and Grow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work. Incredible opportunity to learn from visionary leaders and gain valuable experience working on important solutions for a diverse array of customers.

ConsThe only downside may be the small company atmosphere in terms of typical 'back office' functions like HR, payroll, etc, but that is improving with company's growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep learning, keep growing, take care of the employee first, and the customer second.

Worked for G2 Inc.? Contribute to the Community!