G2 Inc. Reviews

1. G2 Review

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst

I have been working at G2 Inc.

Pros

This company is very people oriented. With a lot of companies in the area you are treated like another number. The people are friendly and very open to helping you. If they can't help you they will point you in the right direction.

Cons

Nothing really stands out as a con with this company. Everything I've heard about this company before I became part of it is what it is.

Jun 11, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear that you've had a positive experience. We have some wonderful people here at G2.

2. Controller

Former Employee - Controller in Hunt Valley, MD
    Former Employee - Controller in Hunt Valley, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. (More than 5 years)

Pros

OK business for people with clearance

Cons

Tough business environment caused by falling rates

Advice to Management

Improve rates and pay attention to backlog.

Jun 11, 2015Corporate Recruiter

We appreciate the honest feedback. Semper anticus

3. Culture, Empowerment and Satisfaction.

Former Employee - Information Security Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Information Security Analyst in Columbia, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture - G2 has a great small/mid-sized company culture. Integrity is valued above all else. Open door polices with management. Flexibility when needed. Nice common areas, kitchen and lounge. Better than industry wages and benefits.

Empowerment - G2 encourages employees to innovate on company time, following your own passions. If you are a self starter this is great perk.

Satisfaction - Most of G2's contracts are National Security, National Defense and USG related. G2 works on the some of the most amazingly technical and patriotic projects you will ever see.

Cons

Government Contracts - Because of of government bureaucracy, contracts are awarded and extended very slowly and sometimes in nonsensical fashion.

Location - High cost of living and not many positions outside of Columbia area.

Security Clearance - This can be a positive or negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow for innovation time for employees to follow their passions. Keep the open door policy with management and as you grow don't lose the culture that made you successful.

Jun 11, 2015Corporate Recruiter

Lot's of great feedback in this review, thank you! Innovation and culture are at the core of who we are. We will always be committed to these!

5. Lots of overhead

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company cares about the employees. Even during government shutdown, when a lot of contracts were suspended, they let people stay on the bench and didn't let them go.

Cons

Company is becoming so focused on growing that they aren't focused on hiring the best people. Lots of management means lots of overhead.

Advice to Management

Refine your hiring process. The best engineers want to work with the best people.

6. Smart people working for all the right reasons

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open, creative, innovative environment. Technology people from all walks of life working on some meaningful, challenging work. Family values and open door policies across management. Strong benefits and compensation. Large number of contracts for a smaller company with plenty of position flexibility.

Cons

if you are not intrinsically motivated you may struggle with the pace and drive of the other engineers. Various typical pains while dealing with mostly federal gov contracts.

Jun 30, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

My big take away from your comments are being "Intrinsically Motivated". You hit the nail on the head! At G2 we deliberately hire candidates
    ... More

7. G2, is not only a great place to work, it is a great place to grow as a person and as an innovator.

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time

Pros

G2 is a very great place to work. Everyone makes you feel right at home and helps you to fit in right away. There was no point where I felt uncomfortable or shy. Anytime I had questions or concerns, someone was right there to help me solve the problem and help me find answers. I would definitely recommend this company to my friends, and I have even told my friends to apply.

Cons

There aren't any cons that come to mind when I think about it. Everything seems to run smoothly, and every time I needed help or had questions, someone was there to answer and help me immediately.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the good work with everything that you have been doing. I can't really think of anything that I do not like or that I would like to see changed.

Jun 30, 2014Corporate Recruiter

We like innovators!

At G2, we take a deliberate and focused approach to innovation. Every year, we re-invest a significant portion of our profits into an internal, Research and Development grant
    ... More

8. Working at G2 has been an amazing and enjoyable experience so far.

Current Employee - Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

G2 is very much an employee centric company. They genuinely value the people that work here by giving them the freedom to be creative in the solutions they develop for customers. The corporate culture is also very supportive in that it encourages cooperation, creativity, and most importantly open and honest communication.

Cons

G2 is still a small company and certain policies and procedures are still being developed.

Advice to Management

Please do everything you can to keep the great small company culture of fun, innovation and collaboration going no matter how big G2 gets.

9. A taste of silicon valley on the east coast

I have been working at G2 Inc.

Pros

The culture and environment is incredible. It is similar to how movies/TV portray google or facebook campuses. It is a small company in a growing field with an incredible business plan/outlook. My first day included getting soda from their complementary soda fountains along with their industrial keurigs, going through paperwork, and getting shot by my recruiter with a dart gun...three times. Management still does a great job of controlling this chaos and get work done and innovate on our projects.

Cons

There is absolutely no cell service in the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and give out dart guns to everybody, not just the recruiters.

Jun 24, 2014

Thanks for the great review! For the record, the Nerf guns were holiday gifts from the Director of People Services to the recruiters. lol You're more than welcome to bring your own Nerf weapon of ... More

10. Great Place to work...

Former Employee - Director in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Director in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at G2 Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

G2 presents a small company feel, great leaders, innovation opportunities.

Cons

There are not many cons to G2 except some of the niche areas are hard to find staffing for so you may spend some time waiting between projects.

Happy with move to G2. I was tired of being just a number and being treated only as a profit source. G2 fixed that.

Current Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Security Engineer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I have been working at G2 Inc.

Pros

Benefits are great
    Small company feel, i know most of the people in payroll and in HR, i know who i can go to for questions. Plus They know who i am.
    HR and Recruiting are top notch, i hear from HR monthly and it just to see how i am doing.

Cons

To many managers for such a small company.
    Managers and Executives say they want to keep company small, but their actions are not showing that. they seem to be wanting to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company feel and keep the level of communication high. HR , Recruiting and Payroll departments make the difference.

RSS Feed </> Embed