G2 USA

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014
2.5

Harvey Kipnis

Pros
  • Some very smart account people and talented hard working creatives (in 5 reviews)

• G2 has some very bright and talented people across a range of disciplines (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Upper Management, No respect for employees (in 7 reviews)

• Politics with upper management and or lack of communication (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sinking Ship

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Good Hard working people

Cons

Terrible Upper Management, No respect for employees

sucks

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

location is great and space is open

Cons

everything else is challenging, dramatic, political and ineffective

tear it down then rebuild

Meh.

Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

G2 has some very bright and talented people across a range of disciplines...

Cons

...but the upper management that oversees creative, strategy, and new business will be their ultimate downfall.

They need to find upper management that can actually work together and not act like a bunch of entitled spoiled brats.

So sad

Former Employee - Management Supervisor in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice offices. Good location. There are pockets of truly talented and dedicated people there. Good variety of interesting brands and clients.

Cons

They have lost a lot of great people and a lot of clients. Very large agency that is segregated amongst disciplines with a lot of finger pointing and little unity. Upper management seem to live in an insular dreamland and are visible to only a very few. Pay is crap. Hours are long.

Put plainly, you aren't very good. Try something else.

G2 is an agency that doesn't invest in or care about its people.

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Great neighborhood. Building has a nice rooftop patio. Hours are not bad. G2 is an agency that has some great people. It has some people who are dedicated to trying to move the agency to the next level. It has some really smart people. It has some really decent people. It has some really nice people.

Cons

It's lacking at the executive level. It's an agency that's rudderless. It's an agency that makes questionable hires and puts people who lack appropriate experience in key roles. There are factions and fiefdoms. For all the talk about integration there are too many turf wars to make it anything but rough sailing. And these turf wars can and do turn nasty, are highly unprofessional and abusive.

It's an agency that can't get out of its own way. It's an agency that thinks Grey is the enemy and spends too much valuable time thinking and talking about Grey. We are no longer a part of Grey. Some shared accounts have walked out the door and landed at Grey but let's get over it and move on! If we had a roster of blue chip clients, were paid for blue chip work and earned blue chip revenue we wouldn’t have to worry about Grey or lay people off when an account walked out the door (because accounts probably wouldn’t). Even if they did there would be revenue in the coffers to cover the ups and downs.

The bottom-line is this is not a nice place to work nor is it a healthy place to work. The numbers of people who've been fired let go or who have quit over the past couple of years is extraordinary. Just do a search of G2 on AgencySpy. You'll find a long list of people no longer with us - and these are just the folks you read about. G2 is in the midst of laying off many people which the trades are not reporting. They’re doing it slowly but surely. This is not an agency that invests in its people. Run don't walk if you're ever approached to interview or work here. In a word, it's a mean-spirited, poorly run agency.

People are your asset. They're not just numbers on a spreadsheet that can be erased when things don't add up. Change starts at the top and trickles down.

sinking ship-please jump!

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

some fun clients. some terrible clients

Cons

WORST management ever. senior leadership is incompetent and has an ostrich "head-in-hole" mentality. fighting, bickering, smack talking between the different disciplines. bad choices in who comes in to lead. horrible work life balance. snotty, catty, boring, wet-rag coworkers.

fire most of the senior management. promote from within when its deserved. hire enough help so that dedicated people can actually go home and have a work life balance.

Time wasted.

Former Employee - Media
    Former Employee - Media

I worked at G2 USA

Pros

G2 provided decent pay to employees

Cons

Senior management and work life balance

Fire everyone and start over.

The worst people I've ever encountered

Former Employee - Experiential Marketing Department in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Experiential Marketing Department in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA

Pros

Solid name, cool looking office, good to have on the resume

Cons

These were some of the worst people I've ever met in my life, let alone worked with. Catty, miserable human beings with nothing better to do than to moan and complain every single day. They ripped apart their boss in front of me and displayed the most unprofessional behavior I've ever experience. No communication between management and employees, none. Horrible. Never looking back.

Be careful who you put in the high up seats. Don't hire creeps.

hopefully they changed.

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA

Pros

If you are lazy, this is the place for you!

Cons

when I was there, it was an unfair environment. the less work one did, the easier it was to get promoted. the less knowledgeable you were, the more you would be praised. the less you worked, the more days you would get "comped." it was disgusting.

Seek training in being respectful of good workers.

Great people, until all the great people left

Former Employee - Account in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA full-time

Pros

Pre-merger there were some very talented creatives, strategy and account team members.

Cons

The merger was handled as badly as it could have been. Severe lack of communication, intentionally evasive behavior caused a mass exodus. Employees who stayed through the mass exodus were not valued for staying.

Start over. Recruit. Pay a decent salary for the job. Don't do mass layoffs before you merge and then expect people to stay.