G2 USA

www.g2.com
Profile Unclaimed

Typical big agency experience. Fortune 500 clients. Lots of great talent. Tight deadlines and a great office.

Former Contractor - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The pay is competitive and you work with amazing people. Agency work isn't for the faint and especially not in NYC. Work can be long and hard, but it depends on what department you're in. The office is in a great location.

Cons

It's a big agency, so lots of people coming and going and so sometimes it's hard to make a connection with folks. As a contractor, it's even harder because I'm guessing that people are so used to seeing new faces that they don't really bother to try to get to know you. Sometimes it's hard to stand out in the crowd. There are some young people there who have only worked at Grey and only know that way, so they aren't the nicest, but that's the exception.

I would do a bit more to welcome people and create a more personal work environment. It really was just a job to me.

Nice people, mediocre work, management seems to have their hands tied to make any kind of positive changes.

Current Employee - Account Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Friendly work environment, cool new building near the flatiron.

Cons

Underpaid, employees are apathetic with lack of incentive, open work plan is annoying and not conducive to getting work done.

Pay good people better and get rid of the riff raff who are asleep on the job.

Good Environment, unfulfilling work

Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Producer in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

People are nice and hard working.

Cons

Pay was terrible, quality work was sub-par

Hire better creatives

G2 is an agency that doesn't invest in or care about its people.

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Great neighborhood. Building has a nice rooftop patio. Hours are not bad. G2 is an agency that has some great people. It has some people who are dedicated to trying to move the agency to the next level. It has some really smart people. It has some really decent people. It has some really nice people.

Cons

It's lacking at the executive level. It's an agency that's rudderless. It's an agency that makes questionable hires and puts people who lack appropriate experience in key roles. There are factions and fiefdoms. For all the talk about integration there are too many turf wars to make it anything but rough sailing. And these turf wars can and do turn nasty, are highly unprofessional and abusive.

It's an agency that can't get out of its own way. It's an agency that thinks Grey is the enemy and spends too much valuable time thinking and talking about Grey. We are no longer a part of Grey. Some shared accounts have walked out the door and landed at Grey but let's get over it and move on! If we had a roster of blue chip clients, were paid for blue chip work and earned blue chip revenue we wouldn’t have to worry about Grey or lay people off when an account walked out the door (because accounts probably wouldn’t). Even if they did there would be revenue in the coffers to cover the ups and downs.

The bottom-line is this is not a nice place to work nor is it a healthy place to work. The numbers of people who've been fired let go or who have quit over the past couple of years is extraordinary. Just do a search of G2 on AgencySpy. You'll find a long list of people no longer with us - and these are just the folks you read about. G2 is in the midst of laying off many people which the trades are not reporting. They’re doing it slowly but surely. This is not an agency that invests in its people. Run don't walk if you're ever approached to interview or work here. In a word, it's a mean-spirited, poorly run agency.

People are your asset. They're not just numbers on a spreadsheet that can be erased when things don't add up. Change starts at the top and trickles down.

It's an entrepreneurial and controlled environment

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Great culture where you can build strong relationships.
    Entrepreneurial- everyday is never the same.
    Excellent Quality of Life compared to most ad agencies
    Room for growth if you show it

Cons

Politics with upper management and or lack of communication
    Salary

In order to better G2 I think we are in need of offering higher salaries. I strongly believe that "you get what you pay for". In light of this and where I am in the company- I can say that this is something they are working on.

i am happy with my G2 experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

talent and hardwork is recognized.

Cons

gossip and childish at times.

Good agency, great people, right disciplines for future of marketing

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Great place to get feet wet in digita, crm and other growing marketing services disciplines.

Cons

Solid, but not the most stimulating or sexy accounts (pepperidge farm, etc)

Strategy is right, but more action from senior leadership would be helpful.

G2 has dramatically changed over the past few years—for the better—it's unrecognizable as the place it once was.

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

G2 USA is easily the most humane workplace I've ever worked, especially for an ad agency. The people, by and large, are extremely nice, but also hardworking and collaborative. The new management team seems to really want to turn things around, and there have been a lot of new faces that have shaken things up. A bunch of new business wins have injected some fun and excitement back into the agency, and many of the Debbie Downers have (thankfully) left the building.

Cons

The creative work could be better and there are still some old-school old-timers who drag things down, although they seem to be shuffling out, whether on their own or by being pushed out. While there are many talented, nice co-workers, there are, of course, some jerks. But it's advertising, so that's to be expected.

If I could, I'd tell management: don't wait to get rid of the dead weight, act quickly and swiftly. There are still a few people who should really be swept away. Let the stars shine, but be careful about playing favorites because sometimes there's a sense among the masses that the mean girls clique has been replaced by another clique, maybe not as mean, but still a clique nonetheless.

A place of people who always complaint (Production Dept) and of course worst politics

I have been working at G2 USA

Pros

Good pay
    Good location and nice office

Cons

No welcome to new employees. No recognition of hard work. Not even pat on the back if you work 100s of extra hours.
    Nasty politics
    Management is loud on subordinates

Please wipe off the politics and advise other to concentrate on work

It pays the bills.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at G2 USA

Pros

Nice new offices in the flat iron district. Everything is brand new. Fun and interesting clients to work on projects for.

Cons

Management is lacking in the friendly department. My creative director was always grumpy and kind of a two face making it not a fun environment.

Listen to employees and try to help them see what it takes for them to move up the ranks instead of making them want to leave and work elsewhere.