G2 Web Services

www.g2llc.com

G2 Web Services Reviews

3.2

Ed Barton

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

G2 Web Services offers room for growth within and across departments, and promotes from within where possible. The company provides a flexible time off policy, so we can take as much time off as we need within reason. The benefits are great, with full medical, vision and dental paid, 401k match and transportation reimbursement. G2 is a technology and data company, with a fast-paced environment and interesting, unique products. Management has an open door policy, and while the company is mid-sized, it's easy to have your voice heard. Overall, I definitely recommend working at G2 Web Services.

Cons

I don't love commuting to Bellevue, although the partial transportation reimbursement is nice. And the building temperature is pretty chilly. Overall, no major complaints.

Keep up the good work. Management has greatly improved over the past few years, and we have a passionate and engaged management team that is dedicated to the success of G2 and making it a great place to work.

A company with a moral mission

I have been working at G2 Web Services

Pros

Genuinely friendly professional atmosphere, engaged helpful management, insurance, snacks, The feeling that may work makes people safer and contributes to making the web (and by extension our world) a much safer place.

Cons

I haven't been here very long, but this company feels like it has a lot of people, especially Ed Barton, that care about the impact our work has in securing payment processing services.

Move fast, live rich ;) haha

Wonderful company with poor management.

Former Employee - Internet Researcher in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Internet Researcher in Bellevue, WA

I worked at G2 Web Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flex schedule for some, free snacks/drinks, bonus structure

Cons

Flex PTO can be abused and is, poor management, retaliation against employees

Stop blaming the employees for a someone elses bad performance.

Fun and insightful experience

Current Employee - Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Very friendly atmosphere between coworkers.
    - There's always something new happening every day, either internally or from a client.
    - Management is there for support, but likes to step back and let people do the work they know they need to do.
    - Working hard and helping out other people when possible does get you recognized.
    - Constant opportunities to learn
    - Big push for promotion from within, especially with employees who go above and beyond their position to help the company as a whole.
    - Feedback is awesome. You're told when something works well, encouraged when you find a new oddity that may help a client, and also shown how to improve your work if something is not quite perfect. Rather than be told this is wrong and fix it, managers are helpful to find out how to fix the problem and move forward.

Cons

- Better inter-department coordination would help with strategies and alleviate the stress on fast and urgent projects.
    - More conference rooms, and people sticking to the conference room schedule.
    - The building seems to be set on 'artic' heat level.

Keeping the entire group informed on strategies while also building rapport with all the employees is awesome, keep it up.

Educational, interesting and intense

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

Thoughtful, dedicated co-workers
    Opportunity to learn from smart people throughout the organization
    Outstanding recent executive hires and promotions
    Interesting industry and products
    Products have real social benefit
    A lot of excitement with new products being developed and refresh of existing products
    Promotion from within--opportunities to grow and be promoted into more responsible roles
    Company is well-known, repected and a leader in its field
    Moving quickly
    Strong strategy process
    Strong leadership, good decision-making

Cons

Some degree of quarterly churn or fallout, though the trend is improving
    One or two groups need better departmental coordination and process

Keep on the current path! This company has become a dynamic, energetic and exciting place to work.

Fun, casual, empowered environment with smart people at all levels.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company and its leaders trust and empower their employees, rewarding creativity, innovation, loyalty and commitment. Although growing exponentially, smart thought leaders researching, strategizing and setting achievable long and short-term goals.

Cons

Hard to think of any cons at this point. Like all growng companies, need to be cautious about workforce planning and organizational planning.

I encourage management to meet the challenge of communicaiton to all members of staff regarding growth plans, goals and objectives. Identify and tap in house talent to participate in respective strategic plans and initiatives.

Most awful employment experience of my life

Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee, water...that's about the sum of it.

Cons

You will be micromanaged to death by completely incompetent managers. Those managers have never managed anything else in their life before G2, so they are very insecure. You know what that will get you. Company was sold to a midwest company that is strangling G2. All of their senior best and brightest left at the end of last year, and they have never recovered. The fired their general manager (he was one of the founding partners lol). About one percent of the people working for this company might be happy, but the rest are actively looking elsewhere or drafting their letters of resignation.

Management at this company is not intelligent life, so it would be a waste of thought and effort to attempt to give them a clue.

Apply at Burger King first

Current Employee - Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You would do much better applying for a job at Fred Meyer or your local Burger King…to be brutally honest. The people you would encounter at either of those places would be of much higher caliber than you’ll find at G2.

The board fired the general manager, who was also one of the three founding partners (oops…sorry…the company line was that he is “spending more time with his family” LOL). They replaced him with a guy who runs an auto glass repair shop…LOL. They did that because he has run other companies that are “equity backed,” and knows very well how to prep the company to be chewed up, sold and broken up (search B-Line, LLC in Seattle). Yes, current employees…that is coming soon. He (and his red headed stepchild) has brought in his own team (straight from the chewed up and sold B-Line, LLC) and is firing everyone associated with the old regime.

All innovation at the company stopped after they were bought by Primus Capital. When G2 was bought most of the best and brightest people left. Coming up with new and intelligent ideas is no longer rewarded. The dumbest people are promoted and the smartest ones see absolutely no reason to stay at the company.

The chief strategist just left the company. He gave it his best and had some brilliant ideas, but after G2 was bought by Primus the company no longer wanted new ideas or brilliance; sweat shops demand sweat…not intelligence or innovation. The chief of operations also just resigned. The head of marketing just departed. The vice president of engineering also just left. BLAM! The manager who hires you will be changed out in five minutes for another who will micro manage you to death. If you like to watch manager musical chairs then G2 is the place for you. They just can’t ever figure out where they are going, what they are doing, or who is going to lead the show.

As I said…you really would do better appying at your local Fred Meyer or Burger King. At least your sweat, intelligence and good ideas would be applied to something useful.
    Good luck and Peace.

Cons

PS - I'm laughing at the two newest reviews...obviously from G2 management trying to make the company look good lol. Just read them carefully and it will be very clear to you they are from G2 management. If it's not clear then guess what? You should probably be working for G2...you are just the type they are looking for! :)

G2 Web Services Response

Sep 17, 2013HR Generalist

We now have an HR department. If you have worked for G2 for over a year and are obviously very unhappy, I would encourage you to find someone within management or HR to discuss your concerns ... More

I Love Working at G2!

I have been working at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

G2 is a great place to work! I can honestly say that I look forward to going to work each day.
    Great People: The people here are some of the smartest, friendliest people I've had the pleasure to work with. The Executive Management team has worked hard to provide open lines of communication to employees at all levels of the organization.
    Growth opportunities: In the time that I've been here, the company has experienced considerable growth. Growth = change and change can be difficult but it also provides opportunities for those willing to put forth a little extra effort to help the company succeed.
    Casual and flexible work environment. Most of us come to work in jeans and we have tremendous flexibility when we need it.
    Collaboration is encouraged and appreciated! Teams work together to come up with solutions that will work for the company and our clients.
    Great benefits: Company-matching 401k, transportation subsidy, employer-paid health insurance premiums, free snacks and drinks in the kitchen.

Cons

No company is perfect but that the good things about working here far outweigh the few minor issues that I've experienced here.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at G2 Web Services full-time

Pros

Bright and dedicated employees; current employees do a good job cherrypicking former coworkers to hire. Company is pretty stable. Sales team does a great job keeping revenue coming in. Lots of interest in (re)building sustainable infrastructure the right way. Small Agile teams. Great engineering management. Pretty good work/life balance, unless you're on call.

Cons

So many business owners that not only do priorities change mid-project or even mid-sprint, nearly every attempt to actually work on infrastructure gets sidelined before it can be completed. Even projects to release new versions of the company's products are often interrupted to change focus and direction by the various business owners, who then seek the heads of those who didn't complete those projects. Sales team has a tendency to sell products that don't exist, even on the back of a napkin. So many projects run at once that many engineers (dev and QA) split their time on more than one, leading to lots of inefficiency, especially with the number of production problems this situation causes. No effective IT/Ops process -- the only way to get anything done is to solicit individual Ops personnel directly. Salaries often below market. Company more or less sold to a pump-and-dump VC outfit, so a lot of the motivation to innovate is gone. Great engineering managers seem to burn out and leave when they can in frustration. Location in NW Bellevue is pretty awful to commute to if you're not the general manager.

I would say "work to hire and retain engineering management and get completely out of their way", but at this point it's probably too late. Just make sure your employees are taken care of when your holding company does turn you over.

G2 Web Services Photos

While at the MasterCard Global Risk Conference in Malta last week, G2 presented on several panels and announced the launch of our latest product, FraudFile.
The G2 team hosting a merchant risk workshop in Shanghai last week. Read more about the trip on the G2 Blog.
Olympics 2018?!? Part of G2's team bonding over a day of #curling #workfamily #G2WebServices #seattle

+ Add Photo