G4S Secure Solutions North America

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
2.8

Drew Levine

Pros
  • There were plenty of opportunities to work overtime if I wanted (in 3 reviews)

• Wackenhut is one of the biggest security companies in the world, and they have plenty of work (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible work culture and work life balance (in 3 reviews)

• Low pay, poor upper level supervision, and do not hold people accountable for their actions (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

critique for G4S Secure Solutions

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Jacksonville N A S, FL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Jacksonville N A S, FL

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I made my biggest and best learning strides and advancements when I was in Hawaii, where I originally started with Wackenhut/G4S. Good training, Class Room and on-line education. 99% of the people are helpful, considerate, and great team players. I love my job of service and that means reporting for a good experience.

Cons

Don't put so much on a supervisors plate that everyone gets discouraged when they need helpful . . . . .Help and there really, is not a helpful supervisor available.

Listen! do you really care? Follow through, get back to the person asking for advice, with some positive input and helpful resolve.

G4S Wackenhut is an outstanding company to work for and provides the best services to their clients.

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America for more than 3 years

Pros

I like working with people through this company because they are recognized over the world and they have good company policies and procedures. Training and leadership is outstanding and they don't mind going the extra mile for their employees and clients.

Cons

It's a bit challenging moving up to higher positions, but you have to keep trying.

Rehire some of the former employees that have left in good standing.

Great!

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Team work, sense of family.

Cons

Compensation lack of communication by local senior management.

Treat your internal customers as you treat your external customers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pleasant working with G4S @ Houston TX

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Houston, TX

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Listen and tried their best to solve employee problems.

Cons

It is great place to work.

Some time call for meeting with all employee or ask for there job satisfaction.

G4s is a very organized employment

Current Employee - Sec Urity Officer  in  Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Sec Urity Officer in Warren, MI

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good with upgrading individuals and helping them to understand the work load

Cons

sometimes not communicative with situations

give a more watchful eye to individuals with degree's

What you do before law enforcement.

Former Employee - Custom Protection Officer  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Custom Protection Officer in Miami, FL

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

It gave me an opportunity to work with the public in an armed capacity which would help in the future when applying for a law enforcement position. It allowed me to have a close business relationship with the local police and fire rescue. There were plenty of opportunities to work overtime if I wanted. I was able to secure a post in a high profile residential community that really appreciated all that we did for them (Main gate, marine patrol, marina gate, radio dispatched vehicle patrol, HOA assistance with policy compliance)

Cons

Takes a little time getting used to odd hour posts some times. e.g. 3:00am -11:00am shift at Publix for deliveries.

Continue placing quality people in the Road Captain's position.

Prior to the buyout - A very family oriented company

Former Employee - Rd Capt/Area Supervisor/Security Director
    Former Employee - Rd Capt/Area Supervisor/Security Director

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am proud to have been a part of the company when it was called Wackenhut. There was a sense of pride in working for the BEST in the industry. Everyone starts off the same and you were rewarded for performance not just longevity. We could afford to pay higher wages and were one of the only contract security companies that allowed OT as it was a great recruiting and retention tool. Knowing that just to be hired required a background well and above the basic licensing requirement created a camaraderie that gave added value to our clients. Although there were others who tried to imitate our business model, no one was ever really considered "competition". We took care of the customer and our employees and the bottom line took care of itself.

Cons

The buyout to Group 4 Falck and G4S Secure Solutions USA. The corporate model is European-based and as such removed those pros stated above.

Learn from the business model that George created and made it a valued name for you to have acquired it. You can't cut corners and still provide superior service. One of the most important things every security client values most is consistency, especially in staffing. They like to see familiar faces and hate change because it erodes trust. At the end of the day all you really have to sell is TRUST. Wackenhut consistently had superior retention numbers compared to other companies because that didn't compromise core values for the sake of profit alone.

been working for wackenhut for 11 years learned alot of new things.

Current Employee - Security Officer  in  Langsville, OH
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Langsville, OH

I have been working at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

good,nice people to work with,pays half decent

Cons

not very good benifits,and they cant get the uniforms sized right

absolutely professional company

Former Employee - Deputy General Manager South Punjab  in  Multān (Pakistan)
    Former Employee - Deputy General Manager South Punjab in Multān (Pakistan)

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America full-time for more than a year

Pros

world wide setup and all security fields covered under one umbrella

Cons

some people bringing bad name to the company while dealing as business partners

when having partners in countries like Pakistan central management should get the feedback whether their name is being misused

Good job

I worked at G4S Secure Solutions North America as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

I didn't deal much with the Wackenhut office, just the office I was assigned to work at - which was a great place to be.

Cons

You don't have much interaction with Wackenhut if you're assigned to an out-of-area office. Insurance is ridiculously expensive.

Interact with employees more!

Worked for G4S Secure Solutions North America? Contribute to the Community!