GA Communications

Rick Davis

Fine place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at GA Communications full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Family environment, easy job, free lunches sometimes

Cons

Many people stay for decades so not much room for advancement

Unbelievably political back stabbing for such a small company

Former Employee - Developer in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Developer in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at GA Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice facilities, clients are awesome to work with

Cons

No leadership, no vision, inconsistent management, offensive, unethical

I left before the buyout so I cannot speak for the new management or if there even is any. I can say during my tenure I saw the construction of a new facility for the expansion of the company into a new business space where there were too many chiefs, not enough Indians and in-fighting between groups was staggering. Even after multiple re-orgs to try to build "synergy" the department was still fractured with no real direction. It was a place where everyday you almost knew they were going to be laying people off and with no rhyme or reason. I can say the most unethical release of an employee I have ever witnessed took place while I was there. Without going into too much detail the way this individual was treated and the reasons for his release were disgusting. The people involved with his termination (management) should be ashamed of themselves. My opinion is not an outlier. His termination rocked our team very badly and morale became non-existent. To this day I still cannot fathom the behavior of management.

Horrible, It's like working in a sweat shop with work built up like a chop shop. Businesses do your research first.

Former Employee - Corporate and Future Employee Beware!! in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate and Future Employee Beware!! in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at GA Communications

Pros

Salary was great, due to the fact no one else would take the job with real experience and experience of knowing the pitfalls of Start-Ups. Shiny objects are always the bate but the wise individual knows better. I've learned my lesson. Just say no to Start-Ups.

Cons

Corporate and Future Employee Beware!!

I know this site is a place where we post our thoughts of past employers and it’s typically a bashing session with every ugly work dipping from all orifices and with all the strength in my soul would like to say the nastiest things that come to mind but I’ve learned to use creative ways of exposing simple truths. I’ll start by saying I worked for this company for a short period of time and in that time I’ve experience everything that a horrible work environment can be compared to in which a sweat shop comes to mind with work going out like a back alley chop shop. Lie, cheat, steal and deny at all cost is the motto I’ve taken away from this place but if you’d hear it from them, I’d be the problem child so let’s break it all down to this.

The most important thing I’ve considered over my career is “integrity” and that’s integrity of work and professionalism that I rate very high because it shows us what a person is made of. Granted, if that person/s is knowledgeable, trust-worthy, and dependable and let’s face it, not perfect but willing to admit faults or short coming due to a host of reasons, it would be manageable and worth the sweat and tears of building a great partnership. Let’s start these reasons off with one word “deniability”. For some of us professionals, we know where this goes in the command chain of work places and leadership that suppose to step up and guide us when times are rough and client expectations are through the roof.

Deniability allows a select few that don’t or won’t ever live up to the standard and I’ll even go as far to say, pretend issues don’t exist within themselves or their work environment. These are individuals I consider spineless, no backbone or even so low in self esteem they hide behind endless amounts of garbage they consider work. These types are willing to lie, steal, cheat, and claim any and everything as their own at your cost and that’s you the employee or client. Have you ever wondered why you the client or employee is always at odds with individuals like this? It’s because they lack real knowledge and understanding of the business field they pretend to know. It’s like buying a boat and telling everyone you’re a captain but truly you’ve hired someone to do that for you and you take the credit and to top it off it’s just a paddle boat, great for kids and not manly enough to be considered a tool to catch the big fish.

So, you use “deniability” to cover your tracks and make it seem as if you didn’t mean it that way. For the spineless, they just point the finger at the guy they hired and say, “Well, it’s a boat you’re suppose to catch top bass in it”, really? They then go into every excuse why they had so many problems with the guy they hired but a person with common sense would ask, “Why would you buy a paddle boat to catch bass and hire someone to do it knowing how ridiculous you’re making yourself out to be”. How far does the rabbit hole go? I used this analogy to describe the absolute stupidity of individuals that don’t use their brain but are on an endless quest to impress all those around them and this means you the employee or client. It goes back to integrity, why lie, steal, or cheat just to get the contract signed and monies exchanged if you can’t deliver on it. Why place individuals in a place of power that don’t know the first thing about the business and run havoc on the people who try to help them? Well, in my most logical sense it’s just to rip you off unknowingly Mr. or Mrs. future employee or client. If you have a business so top heavy, meaning tons of upper management, VPs, Presidents, Directors, Managers, and then have less than half the staff you need to run the work load and refuse to hire or take advise from qualified people that are KNOWLEGABLE, then what do you think your future holds. I see a tidal wave coming and all the spineless individuals in the paddle boat ducking and throwing each other in front of the wave to save there butts but little do they know they all are doomed. What do you think? What do you say to people who pretend day in and day out that what they’re doing is flat out wrong and because you lack the membership to the “good ole boy club” or just flat out don’t fit in the picture they push you aside and disregard the warning.

I say, “Corporate and Employee Beware” because these snakes bite. Do your research first (thoroughly) and don’t get caught up in the hype or shiny objects that are waved in your face. Any spineless individual can put on the show of a life time to get your time and money. Trust me, if the walls could talk you’d run.

Stop lying on your resume and get over your portfolio from the 90's. Learn something other than being spineless and avoiding your misfortunes. You will eventually be exposed.

You are either liked or disliked there, Management is a "good ole boys club"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

I worked at GA Communications

Pros

The best reason is the atmosphere is clean and can somewhat be inviting. The benefits are pretty good if you have not been there for over 20 years.

Cons

The more the company grew, the more people were laid off. The management team there is very close and they are friends with each other on and off the clock so if you rub shoulders with the wrong person, you are pretty much cast out.

Management should be fair, if someone makes a complaint or has something to say, handle it as a management team and not as a group of friends or bullies.

Great and Inspiring Leadership

I have been working at GA Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company truly values its employees. They rely on core principles like integrity and trust. Work ethic is the most important thing at this company. Working hard and staying positive is a must have quality in any business. They have been very successful and are growing more and more each day.

Cons

Corporate communication to local offices is still being tweaked. GA has grown from one office in Atlanta to 8 offices nationwide and there are growing pains that go along with that.

Keep up the great work!