GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)
www.gapsi.com Reston, VA 500 to 999 Employees

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking

Eric Wolking

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsAbove average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

ConsWorked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

Just ok

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay and ok benefits

ConsTime- off policies virtually no time off at all
    Leadership or lack thereof

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better leadership

go elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosno holidays or weekend work

Conscomplete lack of communication, will hire outside of the company when there are multiple competent people working for them that could do the job they out source for making almost double the money. you get health and welfare benefits but they are put into a 401k for you, which was just altered recently, before 2014 you received them in your check with your regular pay.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company in transition after change of leadership, opaque business practices, unhelpful management.

ProsClient site is pretty great--get to work with smart, funny, and motivated folks. Many challenges in this position, learned a lot about the politics of being a government contractor.

ConsCompany changed many employee benefits without asking for input. Does not pay contractors for days missed due to forced government closures (even though the contract has already been paid for in full by government), no room to grow in position.

research

Investigator (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

Prospay, management, job duties, and more

Consshort term contract. Function moved to MD

Advice to Senior Managementok

Not worth the pay

Confidential (Current Employee)
    Fort Meade, MD

ProsBusiness casual, paid holidays, and not much else

ConsNo room for growth, no support from managing staff, pay sucks, and the raises are menial.

good staffing company for getting your foot in the door in the federal government

Program Analyst (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsEasy way to get your foot in the door in federal government

ConsLittle contact with company if you work in a gov. facility. Not much room for job growth/training.

Advice to Senior ManagementNetwork with on-site employees to fill higher level contract positions, use your current pool of employees to fill these positions. Provide more training and education benefits.

From bad to worse with new owners.

ProsA number of contracts provide security. Company has the ability to grow but it is questionable whether this can take place.

ConsNew management is money and power hungry. You cannot survive without providing the proper infrastructure. New management appears to be no better than the old owners, and perhaps worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to provide proper technology, materials, needs, etc. in order to survive.

The worst contracting company ever

FOIA Analyst (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

ProsI honestly cannot think of anything

ConsThe owner is the worst !!! They don't like if you take time off, and will chastise you when you do. Very close-mind individuals. All about "their" company instead of their employees. Be careful of their non-compete agreement they make you sign. If you choose to resign, and go to work for another contracting company - they may sue you, or attempt to - for breaking their agreement with
    you!! Beware!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Pao needs improvement

Fairly compensated.

Program Support Specialist (Former Employee)
    Rockville, MD

ProsGAPSI gives each contract a satisfying degree of independence. It trusts its workers to do a good job. Additionally, GAPSI does not overburden its employees, allowing self-motivated workers to improve their skills and people just doing their job to devote time and effort into other endeavors. The benefits package is also very competitive.

ConsGAPSI could use more of a mission and vision from the top. The positive, laissez-faire attitude to independence unfortunately also carries over to a lack of communication from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being successful; you've done a good job and I enjoyed working at this company.

Worked for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) employees.