GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews

Reset
2.6
GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking
Eric Wolking

Wonderful culture and excellent people

Former Employee - AP Administrator
    Former Employee - AP Administrator

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Immediately upon the transition of the company’s ownership in September of 2013, there was an immediate and palpable change in the atmosphere at the company. What had been a place of fear, dread, and intimidation quickly transformed to a culture of openness and transparency where employees were respected and rewarded for their efforts. We were encouraged to suggest improvements, try out new roles, and even vent frustrations. Morale increased almost instantaneously and voluntary turnover, which had been extremely high, dropped dramatically. As a result of the new direction and in spite of the fact that it occurred at roughly the same time as the government sequestration, there was little to no disruption in workload or contract awards. In fact, the increase in the company’s growth greatly exceeded anyone’s expectations. This speaks to the high level of dedication of the leadership and management teams to ensure customer satisfaction with a direct, hands-on approach to overseeing their various contract vehicles. Also around the same time, GAP Solutions attained its ISO 9001 certification and consistently achieves high scores on customer surveys. I was privileged to work with a diverse and talented group of individuals whose mission was to support hundreds of contract employees both locally and throughout the U.S. The recruiting team is tireless in its efforts to fill open positions with only the best, brightest, and most competent individuals whose varied areas of expertise have facilitated the company’s remarkable growth over the last two years.

Cons

Occasionally there was some credit given where it wasn't due for others' work product. Some senior personnel had lapses in following procedures, making it difficult for support staff to maintain high standards for internal controls.

Advice to Management

My reason for leaving was because the owners recognized that my position wasn’t allowing me to make full use of my abilities. Thus, they recommended me for a wonderful growth opportunity with one of their sister companies. Quite frankly, I was sad to leave. However, I was both gratified that my skill set and aptitude were noticed and appreciated and comforted in knowing that my new position is under the umbrella of the same investment partnership. Therefore, I feel like I’m still in good hands. I recommend the leadership continue to recognize and reward the talents and abilities of its dedicated staff, encourage growth, and promote from within.

Bad Managers

Former Employee - Administrative Secretary in Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Administrative Secretary in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Pros

The field staff is excellent to include the recruiters, HR Department, and receptionist. My program manager was also excellent, tentative, helpful, visited regularly, and was a great asset to the company. If they continue to hire people who care about their employees, they will go far.

Cons

The company is all about MONEY. And upper management is awful as they have no work-life balance (expect the same from their employees), are stuck in their ways of GAPSI, and give exceptions to employees they like, and are sneaky. They are always up to something and continue to unveil problems but do nothing about problems. They let the bad employees get away with things. The upper management needs to move on from GAP Solutions and let their employees enjoy their lives.

Advice to Management

Give a work-life balance to your employees and don't disregard issues. You all continue to let your good employees go and don't do anything about the bad ones.

Very good field support for remotely assigned employees.

Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS
    Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding process was a smooth process. Company's use of automation is outstanding. Generous leave program for longevity with company. Tiered employee recognition program. Great participation in community events.

Cons

Limitied promotion opportunities due to contract requirements, but leadership is open to applying to positions at other locations for which you are qualified for.

Advice to Management

Leadership is helpful, approachable and has shown genuine concern for employees working at remote locations.

No work-life balance.

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Pros

Free coffee and donut cart on occasion. Clean bathrooms. Potpourri essence in the halls. And one holiday party a year.

Cons

Senior management team are unprofessional. They don't provide enough resources to support staff. And no clear goals or direction for the company. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Quite

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Above average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

Cons

Worked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

go elsewhere

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time

Pros

no holidays or weekend work

Cons

complete lack of communication, will hire outside of the company when there are multiple competent people working for them that could do the job they out source for making almost double the money. you get health and welfare benefits but they are put into a 401k for you, which was just altered recently, before 2014 you received them in your check with your regular pay.

Advice to Management

communicate

Company in transition after change of leadership, opaque business practices, unhelpful management.

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Pros

Client site is pretty great--get to work with smart, funny, and motivated folks. Many challenges in this position, learned a lot about the politics of being a government contractor.

Cons

Company changed many employee benefits without asking for input. Does not pay contractors for days missed due to forced government closures (even though the contract has already been paid for in full by government), no room to grow in position.

Not worth the pay

Current Employee - Confidential in Fort Meade, MD
    Current Employee - Confidential in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Business casual, paid holidays, and not much else

Cons

No room for growth, no support from managing staff, pay sucks, and the raises are menial.

10. research

Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay, management, job duties, and more

Cons

short term contract. Function moved to MD

Advice to Management

ok

From bad to worse with new owners.

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A number of contracts provide security. Company has the ability to grow but it is questionable whether this can take place.

Cons

New management is money and power hungry. You cannot survive without providing the proper infrastructure. New management appears to be no better than the old owners, and perhaps worse.

Advice to Management

Need to provide proper technology, materials, needs, etc. in order to survive.

RSS Feed </> Embed