GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews

Loved Working here

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for! The company allows contract employees easy access to client services managers via the web, phone, fax, etc.

Cons

GAP is a contract employer with the federal government. As with many contract companies, there is no job security.

GAPSI is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I left a large defense contractor almost two years ago to work with GAP Solutions, and have been thrilled with the changes in my work environment and work/life balance. GAPSI has created many opportunities for me to learn more about the government as it relates to our business, and truly focuses on my areas of strength and how to further progress me as an individual instead of a number. After working endless hours at my previous position, I have appreciated the effort GAPSI takes to ensure a work/life balance and flexibility, as well as their numerous efforts to get to know their employees at various sites - which I had never seen before! Each person that works at Headquarters has become a friend to me, and presents their very best each day to ensure all employees feel like they are a part of a larger team. I also appreciate that when there is a mistake, which happens everywhere, GAPSI dedicates time to fix the issue and take steps towards ensuring the same issue does not happen again. It has been a great company to work with, and I look forward to continuing a career here!

Cons

It is often difficult to reach out to each employee individually because of various factors and limited resources - but they dutifully work to ensure each person is directly taken care of. Because of this dedication, I have seen an increase in employee relations and satisfaction!

Advice to Management

Work to keep the "fun" atmosphere you have worked so hard to attain! This is a great company, not like many others! Employees enjoy the one-on-one time, as well as group lunches, breakfasts, and even popsicle carts so that they have time to meet with everyone on their team! This sets GAPSI apart from other contractors, and helps to make a difference in the stressful environment we work in.

3. Growing and energetic company that provides challange and reward!

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to see your input and suggestions put into action; Management cares about the employees; Ethical, honest and fair work environment; Rewards hard work and initiative; Open to new ideas and process improvement.

Cons

Never a dull moment, but that is the nature of the business and services that GAPSI provides.

5. research

Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay, management, job duties, and more

Cons

short term contract. Function moved to MD

Advice to Management

ok

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Above average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

Cons

Worked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

Very good field support for remotely assigned employees.

Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS
    Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding process was a smooth process. Company's use of automation is outstanding. Generous leave program for longevity with company. Tiered employee recognition program. Great participation in community events.

Cons

Limitied promotion opportunities due to contract requirements, but leadership is open to applying to positions at other locations for which you are qualified for.

Advice to Management

Leadership is helpful, approachable and has shown genuine concern for employees working at remote locations.

Wonderful culture and excellent people

Former Employee - AP Administrator
    Former Employee - AP Administrator

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Immediately upon the transition of the company’s ownership in September of 2013, there was an immediate and palpable change in the atmosphere at the company. What had been a place of fear, dread, and intimidation quickly transformed to a culture of openness and transparency where employees were respected and rewarded for their efforts. We were encouraged to suggest improvements, try out new roles, and even vent frustrations. Morale increased almost instantaneously and voluntary turnover, which had been extremely high, dropped dramatically. As a result of the new direction and in spite of the fact that it occurred at roughly the same time as the government sequestration, there was little to no disruption in workload or contract awards. In fact, the increase in the company’s growth greatly exceeded anyone’s expectations. This speaks to the high level of dedication of the leadership and management teams to ensure customer satisfaction with a direct, hands-on approach to overseeing their various contract vehicles. Also around the same time, GAP Solutions attained its ISO 9001 certification and consistently achieves high scores on customer surveys. I was privileged to work with a diverse and talented group of individuals whose mission was to support hundreds of contract employees both locally and throughout the U.S. The recruiting team is tireless in its efforts to fill open positions with only the best, brightest, and most competent individuals whose varied areas of expertise have facilitated the company’s remarkable growth over the last two years.

Cons

Occasionally there was some credit given where it wasn't due for others' work product. Some senior personnel had lapses in following procedures, making it difficult for support staff to maintain high standards for internal controls.

Advice to Management

My reason for leaving was because the owners recognized that my position wasn’t allowing me to make full use of my abilities. Thus, they recommended me for a wonderful growth opportunity with one of their sister companies. Quite frankly, I was sad to leave. However, I was both gratified that my skill set and aptitude were noticed and appreciated and comforted in knowing that my new position is under the umbrella of the same investment partnership. Therefore, I feel like I’m still in good hands. I recommend the leadership continue to recognize and reward the talents and abilities of its dedicated staff, encourage growth, and promote from within.

9. Fairly compensated.

Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Rockville, MD

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

GAPSI gives each contract a satisfying degree of independence. It trusts its workers to do a good job. Additionally, GAPSI does not overburden its employees, allowing self-motivated workers to improve their skills and people just doing their job to devote time and effort into other endeavors. The benefits package is also very competitive.

Cons

GAPSI could use more of a mission and vision from the top. The positive, laissez-faire attitude to independence unfortunately also carries over to a lack of communication from the top.

Advice to Management

Keep being successful; you've done a good job and I enjoyed working at this company.

10. good staffing company for getting your foot in the door in the federal government

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Easy way to get your foot in the door in federal government

Cons

Little contact with company if you work in a gov. facility. Not much room for job growth/training.

Advice to Management

Network with on-site employees to fill higher level contract positions, use your current pool of employees to fill these positions. Provide more training and education benefits.

11. Experience at Contract Site was very good, relationship with GAPSI HQ not so good.

Current Employee - Secretary II in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Secretary II in Arlington, VA

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very little involvement from GAPSI in day-to-day work (get an email from HQ once every 2-3 weeks). Ability to work in a number of interesting work sites

Cons

Awful leave policy, very bad at handling very sensitive paperwork (both HR related and Security Clearance). Managers don't understand employees (no annual review or progress eval). VERY high turnover.

RSS Feed </> Embed