GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

www.gapsi.com

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking

Eric Wolking

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAbove average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

ConsWorked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

research

Investigator (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Prospay, management, job duties, and more

Consshort term contract. Function moved to MD

Advice to Senior Managementok

Growing and energetic company that provides challange and reward!

ProsAbility to see your input and suggestions put into action;
    Management cares about the employees;
    Ethical, honest and fair work environment;
    Rewards hard work and initiative;
    Open to new ideas and process improvement.

ConsNever a dull moment, but that is the nature of the business and services that GAPSI provides.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful Place to Work

Senior Program Officer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMy contract manager at GAPSI is wonderful - she's very hands on and clued in to what's happening in my office without being intrusive. She works well with my bosses and communicates openly. As a whole, I think GAPSI treats employees very well!

ConsThere were some hiccups in the hiring process, including having to resubmit a form over and over again because of their clerical errors. This was at the very beginning, however, and once I was hired things went much more smoothly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

GAPSI is a Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI left a large defense contractor almost two years ago to work with GAP Solutions, and have been thrilled with the changes in my work environment and work/life balance. GAPSI has created many opportunities for me to learn more about the government as it relates to our business, and truly focuses on my areas of strength and how to further progress me as an individual instead of a number. After working endless hours at my previous position, I have appreciated the effort GAPSI takes to ensure a work/life balance and flexibility, as well as their numerous efforts to get to know their employees at various sites - which I had never seen before! Each person that works at Headquarters has become a friend to me, and presents their very best each day to ensure all employees feel like they are a part of a larger team. I also appreciate that when there is a mistake, which happens everywhere, GAPSI dedicates time to fix the issue and take steps towards ensuring the same issue does not happen again. It has been a great company to work with, and I look forward to continuing a career here!

ConsIt is often difficult to reach out to each employee individually because of various factors and limited resources - but they dutifully work to ensure each person is directly taken care of. Because of this dedication, I have seen an increase in employee relations and satisfaction!

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to keep the "fun" atmosphere you have worked so hard to attain! This is a great company, not like many others! Employees enjoy the one-on-one time, as well as group lunches, breakfasts, and even popsicle carts so that they have time to meet with everyone on their team! This sets GAPSI apart from other contractors, and helps to make a difference in the stressful environment we work in.

Loved Working here

Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsGreat company to work for! The company allows contract employees easy access to client services managers via the web, phone, fax, etc.

ConsGAP is a contract employer with the federal government. As with many contract companies, there is no job security.

Fairly compensated.

Program Support Specialist (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsGAPSI gives each contract a satisfying degree of independence. It trusts its workers to do a good job. Additionally, GAPSI does not overburden its employees, allowing self-motivated workers to improve their skills and people just doing their job to devote time and effort into other endeavors. The benefits package is also very competitive.

ConsGAPSI could use more of a mission and vision from the top. The positive, laissez-faire attitude to independence unfortunately also carries over to a lack of communication from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being successful; you've done a good job and I enjoyed working at this company.

good staffing company for getting your foot in the door in the federal government

Program Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsEasy way to get your foot in the door in federal government

ConsLittle contact with company if you work in a gov. facility. Not much room for job growth/training.

Advice to Senior ManagementNetwork with on-site employees to fill higher level contract positions, use your current pool of employees to fill these positions. Provide more training and education benefits.

Neutral feelings for GAPSi no opinion

Statistician (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAs a contractor, they tend to let you be.

ConsNo cons to speak of

Advice to Senior ManagementLoyalty building initiative would be beneficial to both parties.

Just ok

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay and ok benefits

ConsTime- off policies virtually no time off at all
    Leadership or lack thereof

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better leadership

Worked for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)? Contribute to the Community!