GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

www.gapsi.com

1 Rating

Love it.

Current Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1) Great Management- The new owners are great! Very involved and cooperative.
    2) Growth Opportunity - They give chances. They help you grow as a professional.
    3) Amazing Benefits
    4) Fun Environment/Great People

Cons

1) Old-fashioned way of communicating
    2) Not very up-to-date with tech
    3) Confusing structure of the company

Be more organized with contracting opportunities, update technology.

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Above average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

Cons

Worked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Keep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

research

Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Investigator in Columbus, OH

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

pay, management, job duties, and more

Cons

short term contract. Function moved to MD

ok

Growing and energetic company that provides challange and reward!

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to see your input and suggestions put into action;
    Management cares about the employees;
    Ethical, honest and fair work environment;
    Rewards hard work and initiative;
    Open to new ideas and process improvement.

Cons

Never a dull moment, but that is the nature of the business and services that GAPSI provides.

Wonderful Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Program Officer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Program Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

My contract manager at GAPSI is wonderful - she's very hands on and clued in to what's happening in my office without being intrusive. She works well with my bosses and communicates openly. As a whole, I think GAPSI treats employees very well!

Cons

There were some hiccups in the hiring process, including having to resubmit a form over and over again because of their clerical errors. This was at the very beginning, however, and once I was hired things went much more smoothly.

Keep up the great work!

GAPSI is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

I left a large defense contractor almost two years ago to work with GAP Solutions, and have been thrilled with the changes in my work environment and work/life balance. GAPSI has created many opportunities for me to learn more about the government as it relates to our business, and truly focuses on my areas of strength and how to further progress me as an individual instead of a number. After working endless hours at my previous position, I have appreciated the effort GAPSI takes to ensure a work/life balance and flexibility, as well as their numerous efforts to get to know their employees at various sites - which I had never seen before! Each person that works at Headquarters has become a friend to me, and presents their very best each day to ensure all employees feel like they are a part of a larger team. I also appreciate that when there is a mistake, which happens everywhere, GAPSI dedicates time to fix the issue and take steps towards ensuring the same issue does not happen again. It has been a great company to work with, and I look forward to continuing a career here!

Cons

It is often difficult to reach out to each employee individually because of various factors and limited resources - but they dutifully work to ensure each person is directly taken care of. Because of this dedication, I have seen an increase in employee relations and satisfaction!

Work to keep the "fun" atmosphere you have worked so hard to attain! This is a great company, not like many others! Employees enjoy the one-on-one time, as well as group lunches, breakfasts, and even popsicle carts so that they have time to meet with everyone on their team! This sets GAPSI apart from other contractors, and helps to make a difference in the stressful environment we work in.

Loved Working here

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant II in Reston, VA

Pros

Great company to work for! The company allows contract employees easy access to client services managers via the web, phone, fax, etc.

Cons

GAP is a contract employer with the federal government. As with many contract companies, there is no job security.

Fairly compensated.

Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Program Support Specialist in Rockville, MD

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GAPSI gives each contract a satisfying degree of independence. It trusts its workers to do a good job. Additionally, GAPSI does not overburden its employees, allowing self-motivated workers to improve their skills and people just doing their job to devote time and effort into other endeavors. The benefits package is also very competitive.

Cons

GAPSI could use more of a mission and vision from the top. The positive, laissez-faire attitude to independence unfortunately also carries over to a lack of communication from the top.

Keep being successful; you've done a good job and I enjoyed working at this company.

good staffing company for getting your foot in the door in the federal government

Current Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Program Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Easy way to get your foot in the door in federal government

Cons

Little contact with company if you work in a gov. facility. Not much room for job growth/training.

Network with on-site employees to fill higher level contract positions, use your current pool of employees to fill these positions. Provide more training and education benefits.

Neutral feelings for GAPSi no opinion

Current Employee - Statistician in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Statistician in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a contractor, they tend to let you be.

Cons

No cons to speak of

Loyalty building initiative would be beneficial to both parties.