GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

www.gapsi.com

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking

Eric Wolking

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Senior Research Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAbove average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

ConsWorked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

Just ok

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay and ok benefits

ConsTime- off policies virtually no time off at all
    Leadership or lack thereof

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better leadership

go elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosno holidays or weekend work

Conscomplete lack of communication, will hire outside of the company when there are multiple competent people working for them that could do the job they out source for making almost double the money. you get health and welfare benefits but they are put into a 401k for you, which was just altered recently, before 2014 you received them in your check with your regular pay.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company in transition after change of leadership, opaque business practices, unhelpful management.

ProsClient site is pretty great--get to work with smart, funny, and motivated folks. Many challenges in this position, learned a lot about the politics of being a government contractor.

ConsCompany changed many employee benefits without asking for input. Does not pay contractors for days missed due to forced government closures (even though the contract has already been paid for in full by government), no room to grow in position.

Not worth the pay

Confidential (Current Employee) Fort Meade, MD

ProsBusiness casual, paid holidays, and not much else

ConsNo room for growth, no support from managing staff, pay sucks, and the raises are menial.

From bad to worse with new owners.

ProsA number of contracts provide security. Company has the ability to grow but it is questionable whether this can take place.

ConsNew management is money and power hungry. You cannot survive without providing the proper infrastructure. New management appears to be no better than the old owners, and perhaps worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to provide proper technology, materials, needs, etc. in order to survive.

research

Investigator (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

Prospay, management, job duties, and more

Consshort term contract. Function moved to MD

Advice to Senior Managementok

good staffing company for getting your foot in the door in the federal government

Program Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsEasy way to get your foot in the door in federal government

ConsLittle contact with company if you work in a gov. facility. Not much room for job growth/training.

Advice to Senior ManagementNetwork with on-site employees to fill higher level contract positions, use your current pool of employees to fill these positions. Provide more training and education benefits.

The worst contracting company ever

FOIA Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI honestly cannot think of anything

ConsThe owner is the worst !!! They don't like if you take time off, and will chastise you when you do. Very close-mind individuals. All about "their" company instead of their employees. Be careful of their non-compete agreement they make you sign. If you choose to resign, and go to work for another contracting company - they may sue you, or attempt to - for breaking their agreement with
    you!! Beware!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementMr. Pao needs improvement

Hostility and Paranoia

Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsManagement and client relations specialists look good in suits and make a lot of money for the company.

ConsThere is an atmosphere of paranoia. They operate under this notion the Federal client is going to strip them of their contract, and this fear becomes the burden of the talent under contract. I had no timekeeping issues for the 4 years I worked there (and senior HHS leaders found me invaluable in the role I performed for the Enterprise Executive Committee), but I was terminated effective immediately for placing 6 hours I worked on a Sunday in the Saturday column of my timesheet. I did not think this would be important to anyone. (No one works weekends anyway). The error in judgment did get caught and corrected in the QA process I co-designed with my on-site technical monitor, but GAPSI was angry with me because they approved my timesheet before they should have (i.e., before my technical monitor and I could finalize it). This happened largely because a holiday weekend put everyone under unusual time pressure. Nevertheless, if there is any "foul" to speak of here, GAPSI is just as much to blame as me, but washed its hands of its responsibility and tried to make me the scapegoat for something that never presented to the client as a problem or issue. The impact of the termination on my young family was severe. GAPSI was aware I had a 10 month old child and dragged me into the meeting to terminate me despite the fact they approved me to take a sick day to care for the infant, who they knew had a fever of 102 and who I described as "leaking from every orifice." In short, when I think of GAPSI, I think of sub-standard human beings in addition to young, immature, and quasi-educated professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a consultant to train you in the human side of managing a business.

Worked for GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)? Contribute to the Community!