GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) Reviews

2.9
GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) CEO Eric Wolking
Eric Wolking

1. No work-life balance.

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Pros

Free coffee and donut cart on occasion. Clean bathrooms. Potpourri essence in the halls. And one holiday party a year.

Cons

Senior management team are unprofessional. They don't provide enough resources to support staff. And no clear goals or direction for the company. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Quite

2. Very good field support for remotely assigned employees.

Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS
    Current Employee - Government Contract Work At Fort Riley, KS

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Onboarding process was a smooth process. Company's use of automation is outstanding. Generous leave program for longevity with company. Tiered employee recognition program. Great participation in community events.

Cons

Limitied promotion opportunities due to contract requirements, but leadership is open to applying to positions at other locations for which you are qualified for.

Leadership is helpful, approachable and has shown genuine concern for employees working at remote locations.

3. Great people, terrible business. No professionalism.

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

Bureaucratic, political, and a lot of "closed door" conversations.

Lacks professionalism.

Hates investing on employees.

No communication.

Hates hates spending money.

Communicate communicate communicate.

5. Very good people

Current Contractor - Management Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Management Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. They really try to accommodate their employees and contractors. Very employee-oriented.

Cons

Sometimes their administrative processes can be slow and somewhat clunky and undefined.

Great company that provides long-term stability.

Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Above average starting salary for my position, annual increases (even when Federal staff were not seeing them), very nice 401k match, lots of paid time off, flexibility with work schedule, responsive corporate support staff, great senior management team, and a particularly great customer environment. I was recruited fresh out of college by one of the owners, and was promoted 3 times in my first 4 years there. I would very likely still be working for them in support of the same customer if government funding for the program had continued.

Cons

Worked on a T&M contract type so government would not pay us for snow days or other closures. However, GAP Solutions management was great about letting me work longer hours during the work week to minimize impact from closures. This allowed me to keep some of my PTO for actual vacation days or to take paid time off following the birth of my children.

Keep up what you were doing. We saw at least one corporate representative each month, and when we had questions, the corporate staff from payroll, HR and Client Services did an excellent job working through our questions and concerns. The company newsletter, GAPSI Gazette, was a really nice tool to let us know what was going on around the company and at other job sites.

7. Just ok

Current Contractor - Analyst
    Current Contractor - Analyst

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay and ok benefits

Cons

Time- off policies virtually no time off at all
    Leadership or lack thereof

Need better leadership

8. go elsewhere

I worked at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time

Pros

no holidays or weekend work

Cons

complete lack of communication, will hire outside of the company when there are multiple competent people working for them that could do the job they out source for making almost double the money. you get health and welfare benefits but they are put into a 401k for you, which was just altered recently, before 2014 you received them in your check with your regular pay.

communicate

Company in transition after change of leadership, opaque business practices, unhelpful management.

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI)

Pros

Client site is pretty great--get to work with smart, funny, and motivated folks. Many challenges in this position, learned a lot about the politics of being a government contractor.

Cons

Company changed many employee benefits without asking for input. Does not pay contractors for days missed due to forced government closures (even though the contract has already been paid for in full by government), no room to grow in position.

10. Not worth the pay

Current Employee - Confidential in Fort Meade, MD
    Current Employee - Confidential in Fort Meade, MD

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Business casual, paid holidays, and not much else

Cons

No room for growth, no support from managing staff, pay sucks, and the raises are menial.

11. From bad to worse with new owners.

I have been working at GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A number of contracts provide security. Company has the ability to grow but it is questionable whether this can take place.

Cons

New management is money and power hungry. You cannot survive without providing the proper infrastructure. New management appears to be no better than the old owners, and perhaps worse.

Need to provide proper technology, materials, needs, etc. in order to survive.