GC Micro

4.5

Belinda Guadarrama

Nurturing Environment, Great Training, and a Fun Place to Work

Current Employee - Account Manager in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I'll start with what you walk in to, an amazing training program. They teach you everything you need to be able to succeed at the job you've been hired for. Negotiation tactics, closing techniques, and scripts to make sure you don't blank on a call. The training is nicely structured and you get to actually use the skills you're taught right away, so they don't just go in one ear and out the other.

Once you finish training and hit the floor, you enter into an extremely supportive and nurturing environment. Everyone on the team wants you to succeed and will do whatever they can to help. No one has to do this alone, there are many people around you to help guide you along the way.

Finally, the pay. Commission sales can be very lucrative, but it's also scary for some people - especially those who have never done it before. Don't be. If you are confident in your abilities and can follow the advice of the rest of the staff, you'll do fine.

Cons

My only gripe is that I'm not able to take lunch whenever I want. The set lunch hour is from 12-1.

Great job with the training and setting a good path for people to follow.

They wanted me to give a commitment and I did. Then at exactly 3 months... I was not a "good fit".

I worked at GC Micro

Pros

Truly Quality Training Program. Learned a lot that I can take with me personally and now know where to look and who to look for, as far as personal growth material.

Cons

The name GC Micro is fitting. Cause they truly micro manage the crap out of you. Do not shy away from the script. They hire you for your personality and talents and then quickly let you know that they mean nothing. I worked for exactly 3 months, I did everything they asked of me, and did it well. I took what work they would allow me to home so that I could be the best I could. I memorized the material quicker than anyone I was training with. I gave more to this job than any job prior, I was learning everyday and studying everyday, and then... They let me go. I begged for an answer as to why, for something I could learn from or at least to share with my family. But it was done. I was never given a chance to sell anything.

Salespeople make good money.

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm on the phone all the time. Half of time I'm making cold calls and the rest I'm taking orders from my existing clients. If you like to talk and treat your customers like they are your friends, then you should do fine here. However, it takes a while to build up my customer base. So being patience helps. Health insurance is standard stuff. I'm in my early 30's and I rarely go see a doctor.

Cons

Like I said, I'm on the phone all the time. I don't have time to fill out sales orders.

A great company to work for

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have nothing but great things to say about GCM. Absolute the best work environment to work in. I have been here long enough to see people come and go and one thing is clear. Successful people in GCM have a strong work ethic and self motivation.

Cons

I can't think of anything bad to say.

You've been doing great for so long, I don't think you need my advice.

This company has great potential.

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

GC Micro is one of the top 10 Hispanic-owned companies in America. They've been receiving performance awards year after year from client companies such as Boeing. They must be doing something right.

Cons

Occasionally, there are employees in the office who join the company with the expectation of what the company needs to do for them right away. At the same time, they produce very little or nothing for the company. They also tend to be difficult to work with. These are folks who end up leaving the company very quickly and then blame the company for mistreating them. I'm willing to bet they are the ones who left bad reviews on this site. They are nothing but parasites to any company.

Just keep doing what you're doing!

Love all the personal development and supportive management

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been here for 10 years, not only do I love my job and what I do, I'm so thankful for all the personal development.

Cons

There are none. This company is amazing. I love coming into the office everyday. The people I work with are my family.

I will work here until I retire.

I never had more fun in sales

Current Employee - Account Manager in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get to work with a very positive group of people. I laugh and have fun with my customers on the phone and bring home a great pay check to boot. I really enjoyed the training. I had been in sales for years and it wasn't until I came here that I discovered that I wasn't even coming close to my full potential as a salesperson.

Cons

I keep trying to come up with some negatives but I love what I do so it's kind of hard. I'm really happy here. I'm excited for the path of my career and plan on being here a long time.

CAN BE A CAREER NOT JUST A GREAT JOB FOR THE RIGHT PERSON

Current Employee - Account Manager in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most places I have worked there was a lot of complaining about the company and management. GC Micro is just the opposite. Everybody loves the place. Management and staff work together on common goals. It’s a unique and nurturing environment. They encourage you to feel and act like a business partners not just an employee. The softball team, gym and daily basketball games are fun. There are a lot of close friendships among the staff.

Cons

Can’t think of anything worth mentioning, any cons are outnumbered by pros 100 to 1.

GC Micro has won more awards than any small business in California. I don’t think they need my advice.

Had a blast working there.

Former Employee - Administrative in Petaluma, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Petaluma, CA

I worked at GC Micro full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed both the work and the people. I have worked at other companies where the sales people weren't that great. I enjoyed working with all of the sales people at GC Micro - really enjoyed all of the positivity in the company.

Cons

No cons. If my husband hadn't been relocated for his job, I'd still be there.

I look forward to coming to work everyday.

I have been working at GC Micro full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are encouraged and mentored to be the best they can be at their position. The training is excellent and benefits are great.

Cons

Some of the work flow is busy and has some deadlines that have to be met on a daily or monthly schedule.

Providing the workout equipment to employees is much appreciated.