GC Services Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
Updated October 30, 2014
2.7

Frank A. Taylor

Pros
  • Started right out of high school and learned the ropes of working in a call center (in 5 reviews)

• Attendance policy makes it literally impossible to get fired (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Some) Upper management are tolerant of middle management abuse, as long as they top their bonus (in 7 reviews)

• Low pay for some of the problems you have to endure (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

The company GC Services, Weldon Springs Mo

Former Employee - Fraud Prevention Agent in Weldon Spring, MO
    Former Employee - Fraud Prevention Agent in Weldon Spring, MO

I worked at GC Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a good company to work for got hired on the spot and received 3 breaks 2 15min and 1 30 min break

Cons

the pay being 8-9 dollars a hour it wasnt enough pay for the amount of work they asked us to do and if they say you are suspended that means you are fired and not alot of opportunity to advance

give your good reps chances to make up mistakes since your turn over rate is so high already

It was ok, it could've been a lot better.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at GC Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working under the Apple project for almost a year, there was a lot of fun stuff in the place. Some pros were:

- low call volume on weekends
    - casual dress code
    - bonuses for top 10 every month
    - lots of potlucks (I got hella fat working here)
    - buybacks on occurrences if you had perfect attendance for the week/month
    - benefits were ok, didn't get them until after 90 days, along with $7.50 to $8.00 raise.

Cons

Despite being a top 10 agent throughout the course of working there, a lot of things that happened there didn't really bother me. Some gossip here and there is present anywhere you go, however, opportunities to advance were scarce. A lot of the STL and UMs had their jobs secured and there was never an opening to advance. One thing I did notice was the tons of babying and blatant favoritism towards people who had abysmal survey and QA scores; these people were usually off flirting around with STL/UMs to get by their duties and were allowed to continue working there. Miscommunication between upper management was indeed a driving factor in getting the place shutdown and lot of us laid off.

If that place was still open, I'd recommend having more opportunities to grow. Try adding new positions such as Floor Support, Allies, something to help struggling agents instead of devoting every last resource into them.

Great place for fresh out of high school students who intend to do the job.

Former Employee - Unit Manager in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Lakeland, FL

I worked at GC Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Steady employment. lienet attendance policy.

Cons

Favoritism, pay not enough for what is required especially for unit managers. Goals can sometimes impossible to achieve.

Less favoritism, and to take employee complaints seriously. Don't tenured personnel get away with murder.

its okay

I have been working at GC Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

some interesting work, good people, some flexibility after tenure, great vision plan.

Cons

there are some really bad apples in management in some departments

get rid of the few angry mean managers and treat your long term employee's better.

AP Associate

Former Employee - Account Payable Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Payable Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at GC Services full-time

Pros

If you need a job, but do not expect my growth.

Cons

As far is raises, the don't believe in no more that 3 percent. If you know someone they might give you 5 percent.

ALL work micro managed.

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at GC Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people do show a nice family atmosphere. Very business oriented. Lenient attendance policy. Training is very good.

Cons

Expect very little advancement after Unit Manager. Agents say they have no desire to advance after seeing treatment of Unit Managers. Miscommunication between Upper Management to Unit managers down.

An excellent place to start your career. Help encourage long term employees and communicate completely with everyone. Feedback is mainly positive, when not positive don't get personal. Please reconsider how and how much Unit managers do HR work, because this could reduce coaching and development considerably.

The pay was little, but I enjoyed my overall stay there.

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in El Paso, TX

I have been working at GC Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had very detailed and thought ought training. I never had any trouble with management. Everybody was pretty friendly with little to no office drama/politics

Cons

The pay was meager and job security was not felt. People were fired very often, but most of them was of their own fault.

Please increase the pay. I understand the cyclical nature of how your call center operations in El Paso work. GC Services went on a hiring spree to gear up for Apple products releases. You invested thousands of hours in weeks of training, only to pay so little. As soon as a coworker found something better than 7.75 an hour, they quit.

Good for a first job

Former Employee - Collector in Irwindale, CA
    Former Employee - Collector in Irwindale, CA

I worked at GC Services

Pros

Paid more than minimum with no experience right out of high school

Cons

Redundant calling and no easy to meet qualifications for bonus

management trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at GC Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great lateral movement
    great support
    irwindale office , office manager has experience and knows how to develop professionals

Cons

intro pay not a good, i feel collectors make more and have less accountability

may MT's higher because some MT's handle departments are expected to do the same amount of work

Unprofessional Government Contracted Bullies, Constant Turmoil and Turnover!

Current Employee - Collection Account Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Collection Account Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at GC Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is excellent, bonus potential, casual work wear

Cons

Favoritism, office politics, violates Federal and state rights of employees, supports bullying and harrassment

GC Services tends to in my opinion, reserve promotions for the same people. Promotions are based on not on experience and education but on if management decides to befriend you personally. Management and human resources run a tight and unimpenetrable clique that protects their own and chooses to ignore federal laws and policies when dealing with employee rights, instead banking on employees ignorance of their rights and applying SOPs randomly instead of fairly so that they may discipline and fire whom they wish.Employees are encouraged to tattle on other employees by reporting their actions, spying on their Facebook, and supporting management actions by giving fraudulent statements to aid management's firing and disciplining of others. Management would do well to cease violation of employee's rights because several past and current employees know their rights and are looking into taking action at the various levels due to the current business practices at GC Services.