GC Services Reviews

Updated September 21, 2014
Updated September 21, 2014
2.8

Frank A. Taylor

Pros
  • This call center is very relax environment, do your job and you get paid more money (in 3 reviews)

• There is some good, intelligent people that work there (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for some of the problems you have to endure (in 4 reviews)

• Catty work environment for those who want to make bonuses b/c the job is their life (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good for a first job

Former Employee - Collector  in  Irwindale, CA
    Former Employee - Collector in Irwindale, CA

I worked at GC Services

Pros

Paid more than minimum with no experience right out of high school

Cons

Redundant calling and no easy to meet qualifications for bonus

The pay was little, but I enjoyed my overall stay there.

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in El Paso, TX

I have been working at GC Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

They had very detailed and thought ought training. I never had any trouble with management. Everybody was pretty friendly with little to no office drama/politics

Cons

The pay was meager and job security was not felt. People were fired very often, but most of them was of their own fault.

Please increase the pay. I understand the cyclical nature of how your call center operations in El Paso work. GC Services went on a hiring spree to gear up for Apple products releases. You invested thousands of hours in weeks of training, only to pay so little. As soon as a coworker found something better than 7.75 an hour, they quit.

management trainee

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Irwindale, CA
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Irwindale, CA

I have been working at GC Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

great lateral movement
    great support
    irwindale office , office manager has experience and knows how to develop professionals

Cons

intro pay not a good, i feel collectors make more and have less accountability

may MT's higher because some MT's handle departments are expected to do the same amount of work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's as good as you make it, IF your chain of command allows it.

Former Employee - Middle/Upper Management  in  Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Middle/Upper Management in Lakeland, FL

I worked at GC Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Opportunity to move up to lower - middle management with 18 months if you can put aside differences.

With the right middle-upper manager, you can excel, and will care about you as a person as long as you act as a professional.

Bonus as a supervisor and higher adds significantly to salary

Most managers want to reward top performers with money / prizes

Cons

Needs of the business out weight need of the individual. (This is true of any business)

Insurance deliberately exceeds front line employees salary. (Employees are mostly female and of child bearing age, making it VERY expensive for the company to insure employee base (sorry men, lesbians, and post-menaposal women)).

(Some) Upper management are tolerant of middle management abuse, as long as they top their bonus. Some upper management have no tolerance for this behavior (pro)

As former middle to upper-management, to upper management, ensure your project managers (and AM'S working the same job) convey your standards - most 1st party upper and senior upper management have their head screwed on straight. Don't let your PM'S snow you into believing that high ranking AM'S are good despite complaints and high turnover.

To CEO Katz: hire an "undercover boss" to see problems encountered at the rep, UM, AM, PM (or AM / CM level) and VP level. Omit SVP and higher levels as you should have a good idea how they work.

Great place to beginers

Current Employee - Management Trainee  in  Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at GC Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to start a career, Great opportunities to become a part of the management team.

Cons

Pay is not at all satisfying since it is contract work for Verizon. Poor Benefits, Stress level is really high in certain departments. There is a cap in the pay, and once you reached your cap, the pay will be the same regardless you work hard or not.

Management needs to consider a pay raise and take way the cam in compensation.

Great Team Environment

Former Employee - Team Lead  in  Copperas Cove, TX
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Copperas Cove, TX

I worked at GC Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers that I worked for were very supportive at all times and always willing and ready to train and develop their staff.

Cons

It can be a stressful environment because it is faster paced and VERY goal oriented.

Implement a plan so that all projects receive an equal amount of contest funds to run contests for their collectors.

Collections Representative

Current Employee - Collection Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Collection Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at GC Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I applied on line and a few hours later HR called me on my phone asking for an interview. I went in and took 2 assessments (vocabulary and math) and a personality test. I was then interviewed by 2 managers, both of whom I let know that I had another interview later in the week. Everyone I interacted with during the interview process was very nice, personable and friendly. There was a relaxed atmosphere but also a slight sense of rushed urgency as everyone was having a busy day. There were employees that were out of the office and they were covering for them. HR called the next day with the offer and I accepted.

Cons

Training started getting slightly rushed toward the end and the DOS system is hard for me as I have always used a Windows based operating system and programs. I would have benefited from a little more training on the system and a printed manual for the system to keep would be beneficial to have.

Allow people to train all day on your computer system all day for one week and put together an actual training manual listing the screens and what they are for. Also include exercises for each screen in the manual that can keep new hires busy learning while the trainer can be getting a little work done as well but available for questions.

GC Services

Former Employee - Unit Manager  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Unit Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at GC Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Can move up quickly if you have a brain

Cons

Horrible pay, unable to ask enough questions during the interview process so just about anyone gets hired.

Pay your managers more

its a Great place to work.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Copperas Cove, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Copperas Cove, TX

I worked at GC Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

you are in the AC all day. they give you split shift and pay 8.00 $ and hour.

Cons

if you have a customer service skills and know how to handle people, then you should be good working here.

keep up the good work.

Worst Company I've Ever Worked For

Former Employee - Operator  in  Copperas Cove, TX
    Former Employee - Operator in Copperas Cove, TX

I worked at GC Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incentives, Company Picnic, Easy To Get Into, Contests (although admittedly rigged at least part of the time)

Cons

Politics, very low pay by comparison, rude and unprofessional employees, deceptive, low willingness to work with people, hypocritical management, two faced upper-management, lack of concern for employees, very high turnover, inadequit facilities, fake promotion opportunities

Instead of hiring anyone that walks in try hiring people with class, dignity, and intelligence, people that are literate, have empathy, professionalism, and can speak proper English ("you be aksin for wha now? Naw dawg we don't be playin like dat" was actually something I heard pretty frequently, not ok for business) pay fairly; be honest with the employees; care about the employees (forgetting to pay them all of their pay for several pay periods in example); raises need to be rated more fairly (and unrelated raises shouldn't cancel each other out!); quit giving bad employees priveleges that the good ones don't get (extra occurances, allowing constantly failing qa scores); actually try to understand how certain aspects of the business work before placing blame; if there are illnesses plaguing the building, actually deep clean it!; enforce the dress code, stripper shoes and micro mini skirts are unacceptable!; quit looking the other way when ppl slack off while ohers have to work harder; balance qa better! I shouldn't be punished for doing my job properly while others benefit from being rude but fast; if a project is ending don't wait until the last minute (so you can prevent ppl from finding another job before you need them to) until the very last minute... Etc etc

Worked for GC Services? Contribute to the Community!