GCA Services

Updated August 11, 2014
Updated August 11, 2014

2.5

Bob Norton

Pros
  • Most of the account managers are underpaid, given minimal support, but continue work hard and do the best with what they have (in 3 reviews)

• Mostly good people to work with , great internal systems and reporting (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hiring of upper management and sales reps with NO facilities service (janitorial) experience (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management in my opinion did not have a realistic view of the contract sales environment (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Only Male Managers Move Up

Pros

The money is good, and most of the people you work with are great people.

Cons

Leadership, little room for advancement unless you are in sales or operations, no standard operating platform for such a large company.

Treat your employees with respect. Encourage, teach, be compassionate. Listen to ideas that aren't your own. Develop policies and adhere to them in call instances.

A nice place to find a quick labor job.

Former Employee - Laborer  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Laborer in Huntsville, AL

Pros

GCA contract out laborers to PPG Aerospace in this area. I went to them looking for a job and they called me within a week. The people I worked with were really nice and training was simple. The jobs itself are simple. Sometimes you get to work weekends.

Cons

It's a labor job so the pay is low. They operate quickly so if they call you, you have to be ready to get to work or you'll miss the opportunity. Don't think that if you work for GCA you may get hired on at PPG Aerospace. Sometimes you work weekends.

Hostile corporate office - little room for growth

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The opportunity to work with individuals who are incredibly gifted in what they do. Salary is very competitive.

Cons

CEO is hostile, exclusive. There is no positive feedback - you only hear it when something goes wrong.

Open your doors. Develop your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting to say the least

Current Employee - Custodian  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Custodian in Dallas, TX

Pros

Keeps me moving around. Lost weight while on the job. Gives full time hours.

Cons

The pay. Get paid minimum wage while every other place that does this work pays significantly more. Also not being allowed to talk to the students or anybody in particular make me feel like a robot rather than a person.

Compensation needs to be higher and raises need to be given if you wish to keep employees and have lower turn over rates. Also hire some people that speak English.

Fleet and Auto Claims Manager/Surety Bonds/Treasury Mgmt

Former Employee - Fleet/Claims Manager/Bond Administrator  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Fleet/Claims Manager/Bond Administrator in Houston, TX

Pros

Worked here in various jobs for 16 years. Was always challenging and learning new things

Cons

Company sold to investors and upper management moved corporate jobs to Cleveland, Ohio

DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Former Employee - Regional Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Left alone to run my own operation which was nice. Enjoyed the people that I worked with in the field.

Cons

The company treats direct labor employees as numbers rather than humans. Their business model is to undercut what companies are currently paying for labor by eliminating benefits and other perks enjoyed by current employees. This results in a lot of resentment among the employees and creates a tense work environment.

Hopefully you will eventually listen to employees of the company.

GCA Services

Current Employee - Janitor  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Janitor in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

willing to work with people on personal issues

Cons

management has some issues (favoritism)

perks for doing well. Steady raises

To new but something needs to be fixed

Current Employee - Area Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Big company lots of things going on at all times.

Cons

Work life balance isn't clear for every one

Go out when the work is being done at night time to see how staff really work and them make your decisions based on this not on what the book says or the show you see when you Visit!

Only work at GCA once.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

I worked for GCA, for a year and a half, and my account managers were all fine people, from the GM of the account to the second in command to the third in command and to the administrator they were all fine people and did the best they could and tried to make the most out of it.

In the end the job nor the company was for me. I want to be clear my bosses were all fine people and my co workers were fine too, that being said GCA it's self though has some issues.

Cons

I am not a fan of these "services companies" which is exactly what GCA is, I do not like the idea of working someplace, but not actually working there. Let me explain:

I worked on a janitorial account, the college that I was assigned to used to do everything in house and then you see they got cheap, so they hired GCA to do there cleaning and got rid of all the good paying jobs they used to provide, by the way those jobs also had benefits.

Well just because they hired GCA didn't mean the college didn't want to stop being in control. The customers of GCA treat GCA employees very poorly, GCA it's self is a company I would never personally work for again.

GCA operates on ridiculous thin margins that are totally uncalled for and if you don't have your own tools or equipment it's going to be very hard for you to do your job. My boss was a friend of mine so I went really out of my way to do my job, and he appreciated it, however I am 100% positive his bosses and the rest of the clowns that run the company at a higher level couldn't have cared less.

I felt very neutral about the job and the company it's self I had very little feeling towards and have actually grown to resent GCA a little bit as time as gone on. I have since left GCA and do not plan on ever going back to work there. The company I couldn't care less about and the college that I was assigned to work at was cheap and two bit and I have a very low opinion of them.

GCA really is responsible for ruining what used to be a very profitable business, there used to be good money in cleaning and then GCA came in and way underbid stuff just to get the work . GCA does not care about profit margin at all the company just wants revenue nothing else. Profit means very little to GCA. Really though you have to understand something about GCA the company was created by venture capitalists and is really not meant to be around for the long haul. The company is split into many different divisions and as time goes on and markets dictate each division is to be sold off. The company was created from day one to be broken up and sold off and eventually will totally cease to exist. Once all the numbers come together. Really when you sub out something you should be doing your self to a bunch of people who don't really care, what kind of result do you expect? GCA really they are there own worst enemy I mean the company will bid something almost at cost just to get the work, heck I know for a fact GCA has bid accounts that they were totally in the hole on and losing money on! The company just does not like making money. I mean they have a lot of big accounts, but the margins on those accounts is not all that great for all the trouble the accounts are and some of them are very troublesome. The person for New Orleans, LA his review of the company is spot and that is exactly how the company is.

They do not care, they know it all nobody upstairs at GCA cares what anyone here has to say. When the numbers look good that division of the company is up for sale and everyone is sold down the river.

Just great

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Long Beach, CA

Pros

One of the best things here is the compensation and the training

Cons

May be the personal growth here in California

None

Worked for GCA Services? Contribute to the Community!