GCA Services Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Bob Norton

Pros
  • good people, good work, solid work (in 4 reviews)

• GCA Services Group has knowledgeable and hardworking Regional Managers, Area Managers, Account Managers, Admins and Hourly Employees (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is VERY unprofessional (in 11 reviews)

• Senior management is always telling account managers to cut expenses and if employees have complaints they're ignored (in 5 reviews)

1. GCA Services

Former Employee - Tow Motor Driver in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Tow Motor Driver in Cleveland, OH

I worked at GCA Services (Less than a year)

Pros

The hours vary that could be in your favor the pay is great if you have good co-workers and you work as a team it's great the supervisors are pretty fair as long as you keep pace and don't stop production everything wiil work it's self out

Cons

It can get busy like any an everywhere else some time drivers deliver to the back with items that belong in the front or there's a mistake on the delivery you just have to catch it

Advice to Management

Continue to get better an keep up with everything that is going on an treat everyone fair with the proper training

2. To good to be true!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Pottsville, PA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Pottsville, PA

I worked at GCA Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money is good, you will get your 40 hrs per week.

Cons

Never enough people on shift to get the job done. Not enough support from the management..

Never received any type of the required training that was needed to perform the job.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to please everyone, it cant be done and have standards!

Safety Manager

Current Employee - Safety Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Safety Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at GCA Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Team were I work is extremely friendly they help each other at all times. Leadership is great. Taking into consideration how much our team has to do we keep a high morale even if we all mentally exhausted.

Cons

Everyone is underpaid, we are forced to multitask, we could use more workers.

Advice to Management

Hire more help, increase pay a little at least to keep the workers and some management above poverty levels.

5. "when you can't find anything else"

Former Employee - Custodian/Janitorial in Midlothian, VA
    Former Employee - Custodian/Janitorial in Midlothian, VA

I worked at GCA Services (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are very good, full medical, dental and vision. Promotions are based on performance, but not always reliable. As long as you work reliably, you can get a position you want or get a promotion to a better situation such as a team lead and receive a raise. Seniority isn't honored, if you work harder than employees that have been there longer, you should find yourself getting a raise. The company is good at providing you with the materials you need to do your job. Equipment and materials are very good, and cleaning policies are very thorough.

Cons

Management. Managers will constantly breathe down your neck, because their bosses are breathing down their necks, and so on and so forth. Expect to be scrutinized by everyone. No matter how hard you work, your performance is often overshadowed by your coworkers lack of performance or vice versa, so you may be overlooked. Long work hours. Frustrating to deal with staff or employees. High-stress environment. Job training is lacking, based on personal tenacity rather than requirement. Promises don't become reality.

Advice to Management

Employees that work hard should receive attention and reward. More involved training would allow employees to multi-task and work as an integrated team.

Administrative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at GCA Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Education Division was once a wonderful place to work with a Motivating President. Most of the Knoxville staff were a great team and it felt like a family there. Pay was outstanding and you were rewarded and recognized for a job well done.

Cons

Inconsistent HR Practices, Good Ole Boys Club, Complaints never taken seriously, Long Summer Hours, CEO is a Moron and has no idea how to run a business. Human Resources Dept a joke!

Advice to Management

Get a whole new HR Staff that behaves professionally

7. Its ok

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hemlock, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hemlock, MI

I worked at GCA Services

Pros

You choose how hard you work. Great clients.

Cons

The useual as far as who likes whom at the top.

Advice to Management

Actually keep people who work hard.

8. Driver/Floater

I worked at GCA Services full-time

Pros

Great people to work with while performing the job. No forms of discrimination. Likely chances of promotions.

Cons

Sometimes you can finish the job early and have to find something to do (down time). When there is a shortage of employees, the work load can get hectic.

Advice to Management

N/A

Ok Company.Some Bad Management.Terrible Customer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GCA Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

This review is based on the Chicago location experience. it is different at different locations:

Very Flexible Hours
    Easy to Travel to
    Some really good managers; the head of the location is great.

Cons

Poor pay/benefits
    some bad managers
    hours are not guaranteed (usually it works out if you want hours and are a good worker but not always)

the customer, ABG most of the time is terrible; mismanagement coupled with poor communication leads to countless needlessly frustrating situations. since the job list is given daily by ABG it is a daily battle.sometimes we don't even get a list instead we have to go back to ABG management every time something is completed.

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at GCA Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Developing and managing a team that provides a clean healthy environment for students, teachers and visitors. Operating your accounts like you would your own business and the flexibility to manage your own time.

Cons

Not being recognized by upper management as a contributing member of the company. Unfulfilled promises that were made at the time of hire. Poor training on systems. Good ole Boy mentality of "just get it done" without the support to do it properly.

Advice to Management

Hold yourself to the same guidelines you set for your staff members. Develop proper training tools for computer systems and management expectations.

Easy employment

Former Employee - Night Operations Manager in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Night Operations Manager in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at GCA Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked the night shift at a middle school and the freedom to go at your own pace and create your way of finishing your duties is awesome. It also wasn't a lot of after school activities leaving you mostly, the full 8 hours to handle your responsibilities. Employment is not hard to get within the company.

Cons

People quit often and if the person you're working with does not show up to work and there is no one to cover their shift you're left to do everything yourself. Depending on how big the school(where I worked) is and how many people are assigned to that school.

Once I stayed over until 4 a.m(I got off at 11) cleaning up the whole school because my coworker didn't show up. They also don't show much appreciate of the the extra mile you go for them when it's not required.

Advice to Management

Show more appreciation to the employees that stay loyal to the company and do more than the required duties to make the overall company look good.

RSS Feed </> Embed