GCA Services

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Norton

Pros
  • Most of the account managers are underpaid, given minimal support, but continue work hard and do the best with what they have(in 3 reviews)

• Mostly good people to work with , great internal systems and reporting(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hiring of upper management and sales reps with NO facilities service (janitorial) experience(in 10 reviews)

• Senior management in my opinion did not have a realistic view of the contract sales environment(in 5 reviews)

A nice place to find a quick labor job.

Laborer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGCA contract out laborers to PPG Aerospace in this area. I went to them looking for a job and they called me within a week. The people I worked with were really nice and training was simple. The jobs itself are simple. Sometimes you get to work weekends.

ConsIt's a labor job so the pay is low. They operate quickly so if they call you, you have to be ready to get to work or you'll miss the opportunity. Don't think that if you work for GCA you may get hired on at PPG Aerospace. Sometimes you work weekends.

Interesting to say the least

Custodian (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsKeeps me moving around. Lost weight while on the job. Gives full time hours.

ConsThe pay. Get paid minimum wage while every other place that does this work pays significantly more. Also not being allowed to talk to the students or anybody in particular make me feel like a robot rather than a person.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation needs to be higher and raises need to be given if you wish to keep employees and have lower turn over rates. Also hire some people that speak English.

Fleet and Auto Claims Manager/Surety Bonds/Treasury Mgmt

Fleet/Claims Manager/Bond Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorked here in various jobs for 16 years. Was always challenging and learning new things

ConsCompany sold to investors and upper management moved corporate jobs to Cleveland, Ohio

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Regional Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLeft alone to run my own operation which was nice. Enjoyed the people that I worked with in the field.

ConsThe company treats direct labor employees as numbers rather than humans. Their business model is to undercut what companies are currently paying for labor by eliminating benefits and other perks enjoyed by current employees. This results in a lot of resentment among the employees and creates a tense work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully you will eventually listen to employees of the company.

GCA Services

Janitor (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

Proswilling to work with people on personal issues

Consmanagement has some issues (favoritism)

Advice to Senior Managementperks for doing well. Steady raises

To new but something needs to be fixed

Area Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsBig company lots of things going on at all times.

ConsWork life balance isn't clear for every one

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out when the work is being done at night time to see how staff really work and them make your decisions based on this not on what the book says or the show you see when you Visit!

Just great

Account Manager (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsOne of the best things here is the compensation and the training

ConsMay be the personal growth here in California

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Only work at GCA once.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsI worked for GCA, for a year and a half, and my account managers were all fine people, from the GM of the account to the second in command to the third in command and to the administrator they were all fine people and did the best they could and tried to make the most out of it.

In the end the job nor the company was for me. I want to be clear my bosses were all fine people and my co workers were fine too, that being said GCA it's self though has some issues.

ConsI am not a fan of these "services companies" which is exactly what GCA is, I do not like the idea of working someplace, but not actually working there. Let me explain:

I worked on a janitorial account, the college that I was assigned to used to do everything in house and then you see they got cheap, so they hired GCA to do there cleaning and got rid of all the good paying jobs they used to provide, by the way those jobs also had benefits.

Well just because they hired GCA didn't mean the college didn't want to stop being in control. The customers of GCA treat GCA employees very poorly, GCA it's self is a company I would never personally work for again.

GCA operates on ridiculous thin margins that are totally uncalled for and if you don't have your own tools or equipment it's going to be very hard for you to do your job. My boss was a friend of mine so I went really out of my way to do my job, and he appreciated it, however I am 100% positive his bosses and the rest of the clowns that run the company at a higher level couldn't have cared less.

I felt very neutral about the job and the company it's self I had very little feeling towards and have actually grown to resent GCA a little bit as time as gone on. I have since left GCA and do not plan on ever going back to work there. The company I couldn't care less about and the college that I was assigned to work at was cheap and two bit and I have a very low opinion of them.

GCA really is responsible for ruining what used to be a very profitable business, there used to be good money in cleaning and then GCA came in and way underbid stuff just to get the work . GCA does not care about profit margin at all the company just wants revenue nothing else. Profit means very little to GCA. Really though you have to understand something about GCA the company was created by venture capitalists and is really not meant to be around for the long haul. The company is split into many different divisions and as time goes on and markets dictate each division is to be sold off. The company was created from day one to be broken up and sold off and eventually will totally cease to exist. Once all the numbers come together. Really when you sub out something you should be doing your self to a bunch of people who don't really care, what kind of result do you expect? GCA really they are there own worst enemy I mean the company will bid something almost at cost just to get the work, heck I know for a fact GCA has bid accounts that they were totally in the hole on and losing money on! The company just does not like making money. I mean they have a lot of big accounts, but the margins on those accounts is not all that great for all the trouble the accounts are and some of them are very troublesome. The person for New Orleans, LA his review of the company is spot and that is exactly how the company is.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do not care, they know it all nobody upstairs at GCA cares what anyone here has to say. When the numbers look good that division of the company is up for sale and everyone is sold down the river.

overall, worst place I've ever worked

Driver (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe only upside to this job, in my opinion, is that you get to drive new cars every day

ConsNo benefits except expensive insurance, no raises ever, and no promotions.
    Hard work, showing initiative, and good ideas to improve productivity all go ignored.
    When they need a new supervisor they hire a new employee rather than promote someone. Extremely high turnover.
    Boss plays favorites and messes with people's schedules (apparently) just for the heck of it.
    He also likes to make up new rules all the time, but only enforces them when it's convenient.

Operations run extremely inefficiently due to either apathy or incompetence on the part of account manager and shift leads, and improper training of new employees.

Management is clueless

Central Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsHaving free reign in many of Companies you work in is interesting and the client's staff you interact with is great. But you can have that being a hot dog vendor out front.

ConsToo many conference callsand Blah-Blah-Blah, And you actually feel bad for management when they make a lame statement or ask a lame question and you realize they don't even know what they are talking about.. Upper management kicking the customer and employees to the curb--because they know they are the driving force behind any success that may have come gca way. BTW-the A in GCA used to meen Associate's should be changed to P for Peons.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to a Service company that knows how to generate great enthusiasm and comradery before your stock tanks or you are sold as a bad idea.

Worked for GCA Services? Contribute to the Community!