GCA Services

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bob Norton

Pros
  • Most of the account managers are underpaid, given minimal support, but continue work hard and do the best with what they have (in 3 reviews)

• Mostly good people to work with , great internal systems and reporting (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Hiring of upper management and sales reps with NO facilities service (janitorial) experience (in 10 reviews)

• Senior management in my opinion did not have a realistic view of the contract sales environment (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Only Male Managers Move Up

ProsThe money is good, and most of the people you work with are great people.

ConsLeadership, little room for advancement unless you are in sales or operations, no standard operating platform for such a large company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Encourage, teach, be compassionate. Listen to ideas that aren't your own. Develop policies and adhere to them in call instances.

A nice place to find a quick labor job.

Laborer (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsGCA contract out laborers to PPG Aerospace in this area. I went to them looking for a job and they called me within a week. The people I worked with were really nice and training was simple. The jobs itself are simple. Sometimes you get to work weekends.

ConsIt's a labor job so the pay is low. They operate quickly so if they call you, you have to be ready to get to work or you'll miss the opportunity. Don't think that if you work for GCA you may get hired on at PPG Aerospace. Sometimes you work weekends.

Interesting to say the least

Custodian (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsKeeps me moving around. Lost weight while on the job. Gives full time hours.

ConsThe pay. Get paid minimum wage while every other place that does this work pays significantly more. Also not being allowed to talk to the students or anybody in particular make me feel like a robot rather than a person.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation needs to be higher and raises need to be given if you wish to keep employees and have lower turn over rates. Also hire some people that speak English.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fleet and Auto Claims Manager/Surety Bonds/Treasury Mgmt

Fleet/Claims Manager/Bond Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsWorked here in various jobs for 16 years. Was always challenging and learning new things

ConsCompany sold to investors and upper management moved corporate jobs to Cleveland, Ohio

DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Regional Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLeft alone to run my own operation which was nice. Enjoyed the people that I worked with in the field.

ConsThe company treats direct labor employees as numbers rather than humans. Their business model is to undercut what companies are currently paying for labor by eliminating benefits and other perks enjoyed by current employees. This results in a lot of resentment among the employees and creates a tense work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully you will eventually listen to employees of the company.

GCA Services

Janitor (Current Employee) Harrisburg, PA

Proswilling to work with people on personal issues

Consmanagement has some issues (favoritism)

Advice to Senior Managementperks for doing well. Steady raises

To new but something needs to be fixed

Area Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsBig company lots of things going on at all times.

ConsWork life balance isn't clear for every one

Advice to Senior ManagementGo out when the work is being done at night time to see how staff really work and them make your decisions based on this not on what the book says or the show you see when you Visit!

Just great

Account Manager (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsOne of the best things here is the compensation and the training

ConsMay be the personal growth here in California

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

overall, worst place I've ever worked

Driver (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe only upside to this job, in my opinion, is that you get to drive new cars every day

ConsNo benefits except expensive insurance, no raises ever, and no promotions.
    Hard work, showing initiative, and good ideas to improve productivity all go ignored.
    When they need a new supervisor they hire a new employee rather than promote someone. Extremely high turnover.
    Boss plays favorites and messes with people's schedules (apparently) just for the heck of it.
    He also likes to make up new rules all the time, but only enforces them when it's convenient.

Operations run extremely inefficiently due to either apathy or incompetence on the part of account manager and shift leads, and improper training of new employees.

Senior management bonuses and profit margin supersedes client satisfaction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pass Christian, MS

ProsHas the potential to be a great job. Company vehicle, fuel card, company cell phone.

ConsWhen GCA gets a contract they have way underbid the job and their main focus is to cut employee hours, cut back on supplies, cut back on fuel expenses all to the point of making it very difficult to do the work required by the clients. If you have to work overtime they cut your hours the rest of the week or the following week to avoid paying overtime .They cut shift hours from 8 to 6 hours a day but still expect you to get 8 hours of work done in 6 and if someone doesn't show up for work they care nothing about getting a sub or a replacement. They're just happy to be saving that employees hours and expect the other workers to take up the slack. When the dependable hard working employees get fed up with it and leave, you're left with a constant rotation of new inexperienced employees making life miserable for those that stick it out. MANAGEMENT SUCKS!!! Senior management is always telling account managers to cut expenses and if employees have complaints they're ignored. GCA boasts about being a large company in nearly all 50 states but I would like to see the number of clients that actually renew their contracts with GCA given the horrible customer service and the fact that they don't give a damn about client satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuite cutting competitors throats with bids that far to low to do the work promised in the contract to your clients. Take responsibility for bad management and stop using your hourly workers as scapegoats for bad management decisions.

Worked for GCA Services? Contribute to the Community!