GCE

GCE President Ray Muslimani

Ray Muslimani

Eh..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA good place to get a lot of experience fast.

Conslong hours, high demands, lack of communication from higher ups.

Not consulting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a job so I was getting a paycheck

ConsThey work you until you burn out and it's not real consulting.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more responsibilities and better pay to your employees.

Doomed

ProsHigh salaries
    Nice office and location with free gym and covered parking
    Mostly solid low-level employees

ConsHemorrhaging employees
    Under investigation by GSA and DoJ
    Management thinks they know better than best practices
    I'm pretty sure this company exists only to complete existing contracts. I can't see them winning anything new in the future.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you were employing managers who were doing this badly, wouldn't you fire them? Do what's best for the company and hire new managers to take over your work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They do not know what they are doing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are not any pros to this company. Other than they have a few fine people keeping together for them.

ConsI am prohibited from saying anything bad about this company. Besides, my mother taught me to never say anything bad about someone. So let my silence suffice.

Run... don't even consider this place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsLots of Cliff Bars and Crock Pot Lunches a couple times a week. Other than that, what few, non-senior employees that haven't found a job elsewhere yet are nice.

ConsThey've let go of more than 60% of the executive team due to GSA and DoJ investigations. The company can't pay their vendors and had to bring in a contract COO to keep the company from going bankrupt. The CEO is non-existent, non-motivating, and leads through threats. One of the most negative ceo's I've ever worked with. Lastly, the software isn't a true SaaS model, the product is hard to use, not very intuitive and they are always working on patches to keep their existing customers from suing and leaving to go elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementLevel with everyone, let them know where the company stands, don't lay people off in groups of 10 - 15 at a time and then never bring it up. Get the CEO out of there, he doesn't help. Ultimately, sell the company and contracts.

Career Suicide

ProsThere is plenty of room for upward mobility as half the company has been fired or quit in the past 3 months.

ConsThe company is a hoax. The product is shaky at best, and all improvements are simply quick patches to stop the bleeding. This is the most passive aggressive atmosphere I have ever encountered. Management does not care. There is no passion to succeed in the company culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy your time left before this company defaults completely on its obligations. Try being honest with the employees and yourselves for once.

Run the other way

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome lower level employees. Great idea, hard working, and awesome to hang out with. Free food.

ConsEverything else. Layoffs galore, senior management is terrible, no business plan whatsoever.

Beware. Run.

Financial Management Analyst (Current Employee) Reston, VA

ProsSome nice people and that's about it.

ConsEverything, from unethical senior management and practices to bad products. Lawsuits will hit GCE soon- keep an eye on the news. GSA and DOL investigations. College graduates, do your research before joining. Its a plague.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late for any advice. Greed does more harm than good.

Do not join right now..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing people in the company.. Everyone cares about each other except the senior management..

ConsCompany does not have money.. They laid off more than 30 people and gave huge pay cuts to lot of senior people.. It will go down in couple of years.. They do not have enough clients.. Just 2.. So Trust me and run away.. there are so many better companies around the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink before you spend your money and respect the people who actually do the work.. Stop creating stupid managerial level positions.

The writing's on the wall

ProsEvery cloud has a silver lining:

- Some good people trying to make a difference.
    - Many opportunities to learn.
    - Free food and snacks.

ConsThings never heard in the cloud:

- Production systems are up as usual.
    - It's so easy to find documentation and it's so well written.
    - Business is booming!
    - Systems Team is so knowledgeable.
    - All Hands meetings are incredibly insightful.
    - HR and finance are always on top of it.
    - Senior leadership has clear vision and goals.
    - These smoothies are delicious!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the basics right: hire smart people, treat them well, listen to their ideas, and encourage their growth. Cronyism, lack of vision, no accountability, and gimmicky benefits are among the many missteps.

Worked for GCE? Contribute to the Community!