GDR Group

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
3.3

CEO

Couldn't ask for a better place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Throughout my time at The GDR Group, I’ve not only been able to grow professionally, but personally, as well. At The GDR Group they take a strong commitment to each and every employee, in any situation. In my time at the GDR Group, I’ve been extremely lucky to have the chance to experience such a great position at such a successful company that ultimately allows me to see all sides of the business.

Just shy of being here a year, I’ve seen tremendous growth within the company – which is quite amazing, but nothing surprising. I truly believe that it’s imperative for a company to be built on a strong foundation, with even stronger values, and this company is the shining example of how a company should be run. From the partners to the co-workers, the environment in its entirety, to the basis on which this company was built upon, is quite astounding and I couldn’t ask for a better place to work.

As for the negative reviews, it seems like most are from former employees who aren’t directly in our main office. If you’ve stumbled upon The GDR Group as a perspective employer, apply! Apply now! You definitely won’t regret it.

Cons

There are no cons of working for The GDR Group.

Continue to do what you are doing, for it is working wonders.

A Great Company To Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've really enjoyed working for GDR for the past year. I really feel at home here. They make a point to recognize their employees and provide space for employees to get to know each other. They definitely value a good work/life balance for their employees, which in turn fosters happy employees. They have quite a few people who have been here for 5-10 years, and some even into the teens, which says something on it's own.

The clients and the work are diverse and constantly give me opportunities to grow and expand my skill set. The company delivers scheduled performance reviews on time, which is something I value.

For what it is worth, I get the feeling from some of the bad reviews on here are coming from former employees who don't work out of the main GDR office. I can't speak to the truth of their reviews for other locations, but I can say that in my office I don't see the same things.

Cons

There have been some department structure changes, where responsibilities have shifted around. This sometimes causes confusion as to who is responsible for certain tasks. I believe this to be more of a temporary problem, as I've already seen certain issues being ironed out in a productive way.

Keep focusing on bringing in good talent and fostering a good work/life balance. The little things you do to show appreciation to your team goes a long way.

Great Place to work, but horrible for your Diet!!!!!

Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Technician in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Team to work with a lot to learn and to do.
    Variety of challenges and things to learn, yet rewarding .
    Family valued atmosphere
    They really care about the customers
    Competitive Salaries

Cons

Clients can be difficult at times
    division of unity of team members sometimes
    so much snacking - but good

The culture and atmosphere is right and they are doing a great job to promote team playing along with individuality

Having Ebola might be a little better than working here

I worked at GDR Group

Pros

It was a job and I needed one.

Cons

LEADERSHIP and MANAGEMENT. If you look up the managers and team lead/supervisors on LinkedIn you will find that they have no other experience than working there. They have no idea how to handle experienced good technicians. You then find yourself finding out that the techs there have no experience at all.

The reason why there has been so many changes on processes and procedures is because you don't know how to run an IT department... So these checks have been placed to make sure you don't keep screwing up.

Oct 31, 2014Receptionist

Thank you for sharing your comments we will be sure to forward them to the appropriate executive. We're disappointed that we, at GDR were not able to meet your expectations as an employer.

Technical Writer

I worked at GDR Group

Pros

They do give you some options for medical. They do allow you to accredit time off. And they do give you holidays. Now, as for that.. I have my issues with their real interest in the person.

Cons

This company will dump you if for any reason the client decides you are no longer working up to their standards. They do not talk to you, they do not ask why. They just dump you. And they don't work with you after to find another job. Why do you want to work for a company who will not talk with you? I will never work for them again. Once they were done with me.. they were done. Good by.

You should try to use those people who are good to place them some where else. Not just dump them. I will never go back to you for work.

Oct 31, 2014Receptionist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The GDR Group takes these issues very seriously and we want to improve the situation. We will be sure to forward this to the appropriate executive ... More

Nice work environment with great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Been here for a long time and have had nothing but great experiences!

- Supportive upper management

- Challenging work environment that keeps me on my toes and constantly learning.

- Awesome technical support team

- Constant exposure to various clients which makes the job very exciting and challenging at the same time

Cons

- No tuition reimbursement program but they do have some incentives for some technical certifications.

- Offered Healthcare could be better but it is about average to what is offered by most companies.

Continue to work on offered benefits and employee engagement. You have gone through leaps and bounds in the past few years so keep up the good work.

Great exposure to corporate environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GDR establishes a great customer service foundation required in excelling in a fortune 500 environment by providing excellent one on one mentoring and cutting edge learning tools for new employee's. The supervisors and senior leadership are responsive to employee's needs and work diligently to improve synergy among the various support groups. GDR thrives on providing a productive and superior customer service work environment and prides it's self on providing its customers the best employees for their open positions..

Cons

GDR supervisors are very selective in the individuals who they employee but do advise candidates of the expectations management has of each new employee. The Job is defiantly challenging at times but the company does offers competitive salaries to individuals who can meet these challenges.

My advice to management would be to continue promoting from with-in and allow employees to grow internally for the betterment of the company.

Great Workplace

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are well taken care of. Caring management. Flexible with employees schedules if needed.

Cons

I do not have any cons with working with GDR.

Thank you!

New Experience Every Day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at GDR Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Support team is exposed to a wide variety of new technologies allowing for constant growth.

- Laid back office atmosphere

- Multiple options for in-house career growth

- Wide range of clients allowing for unique experience every day

Cons

- Health care is provided but network could be wider

Keep on keeping on

Misleading interviews, terrible work environment

Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst II in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Help Desk Analyst II in Irvine, CA

I worked at GDR Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Broadcom cafeteria has really good food.

Cons

Interview neglected to mention L1 is call center based and you are not allowed to do anything beyond basic troubleshooting, regardless of experience. Job is described as a M-F 8-F position with paid holidays neglecting to mention "mandatory" holiday shifts

There is no training on help-desk software procedures and you are written up if you fill out the ticket wrong or resolve the issue a different way than the prescribed "resolution", even if the issue was resolved correctly.

Policies for breaks and lunch are applied inconsistently. Favoritism is rampant. If you're a hard worker and strive to do the best job possible you are looked on as a pariah out to make others look bad.

I wasn't paid correctly (by over $100) and HR attempted to bully me into waiting until the next pay period to accept the difference.

There is no morale boosting at all. No holiday party, no bonus, nothing. When you're surrounded by Broadcom employees who are getting lavish parties and bonuses it's really depressing.

Promote the hard workers. Build up your employees instead of breaking them down.

Acknowledge you have an internal personnel issue that needs to be resolved. The turn-over rate should be a huge red flag.

Nov 5, 2014Receptionist

At The GDR Group, we believe it is vital to have the right people in the right roles, who are committed to our core values. We are focused on being responsive to constant changes in the industry ... More

GDR Group Photos