GDR Group

www.gdrgroup.com

GDR Group Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nice work environment with great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsBeen here for a long time and have had nothing but great experiences!

- Supportive upper management

- Challenging work environment that keeps me on my toes and constantly learning.

- Awesome technical support team

- Constant exposure to various clients which makes the job very exciting and challenging at the same time

Cons- No tuition reimbursement program but they do have some incentives for some technical certifications.

- Offered Healthcare could be better but it is about average to what is offered by most companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on offered benefits and employee engagement. You have gone through leaps and bounds in the past few years so keep up the good work.

Great exposure to corporate environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGDR establishes a great customer service foundation required in excelling in a fortune 500 environment by providing excellent one on one mentoring and cutting edge learning tools for new employee's. The supervisors and senior leadership are responsive to employee's needs and work diligently to improve synergy among the various support groups. GDR thrives on providing a productive and superior customer service work environment and prides it's self on providing its customers the best employees for their open positions..

ConsGDR supervisors are very selective in the individuals who they employee but do advise candidates of the expectations management has of each new employee. The Job is defiantly challenging at times but the company does offers competitive salaries to individuals who can meet these challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be to continue promoting from with-in and allow employees to grow internally for the betterment of the company.

Great Workplace

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsEmployees are well taken care of. Caring management. Flexible with employees schedules if needed.

ConsI do not have any cons with working with GDR.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Experience Every Day

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros- Support team is exposed to a wide variety of new technologies allowing for constant growth.

- Laid back office atmosphere

- Multiple options for in-house career growth

- Wide range of clients allowing for unique experience every day

Cons- Health care is provided but network could be wider

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on keeping on

Misleading interviews, terrible work environment

Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe Broadcom cafeteria has really good food.

ConsInterview neglected to mention L1 is call center based and you are not allowed to do anything beyond basic troubleshooting, regardless of experience. Job is described as a M-F 8-F position with paid holidays neglecting to mention "mandatory" holiday shifts

There is no training on help-desk software procedures and you are written up if you fill out the ticket wrong or resolve the issue a different way than the prescribed "resolution", even if the issue was resolved correctly.

Policies for breaks and lunch are applied inconsistently. Favoritism is rampant. If you're a hard worker and strive to do the best job possible you are looked on as a pariah out to make others look bad.

I wasn't paid correctly (by over $100) and HR attempted to bully me into waiting until the next pay period to accept the difference.

There is no morale boosting at all. No holiday party, no bonus, nothing. When you're surrounded by Broadcom employees who are getting lavish parties and bonuses it's really depressing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the hard workers. Build up your employees instead of breaking them down.

Acknowledge you have an internal personnel issue that needs to be resolved. The turn-over rate should be a huge red flag.

Overworked, underpaid, IT sweatshop

Broadcom Level II Support (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIf you have even a little bit of IT experience, they take in Level 1 phone techs.

ConsManagement is unprofessional and high turnover rates due to job dissatisfaction due to bad management and getting underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together.

Great Stepping Stone

Help Desk L2 (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat place to get used to working in a corporate environment.

ConsSenior Management is just plain annoying.

Avoid GDR Group and Broadcom Like the Plague!!!

IT Security (Broadcom) (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsSome friendly people to work with.

ConsEveryone backstabs (and I mean everyone).
    As a contracted employee you must always walk on eggshells around Broadcom employees.
    Incompetent, greedy managers (Broadcom).
    No work culture or structure.
    Way too much stress for the amount of work given and the expectations placed upon you.
    Absolutely no training.
    You will be thrown under the bus for anything and everything by Broadcom employees and GDR group employees as well.
    Highest turnover rate I've ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better.
    Communicate with them and the Braodcom management better.

Bad Communication

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI made some good friends with co-worker engineers

ConsToo much backbiting. Nothing communicated directly.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with managers

Be warned!

Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsPay wasnt bad for level 2 desktop tech. But I think I was doing better then most there.

ConsAbsolute terrible work environment working the broadcom account. Upper management is constantly implementing new policies that make it HARDER and HARDER to do your job. By far the most stressful place i have worked at. Turnover is the highest ive seen...always hiring. If you just need a job to get you by then go ahead and take it. But keep looking!

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that firing your desktop manager's at GDR group is not going to solve the problem; when upper management at broadcom are the true source of your ailments.

Worked for GDR Group? Contribute to the Community!