GDS International Reviews

GDS International CEO Oliver Smart
Oliver Smart

Open Culture

I worked at GDS International

Pros

Good for those who love a challenge in sales.

Cons

If you don't like an open office environment, it's not for you.

Work with great people, but limited career potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity to meet and work with c level executives among all industries. Great travel opportunities. Work with some of the greatest people, fun environment.

Cons

No clear direction with job roles, upper management. Salaries aren't great and poor career advancement

Not much guidance

I worked at GDS International

Pros

Give you the opportunity to work on your own

Cons

Had to constantly cell phone source for C-Level Executives

Understand the difficulty of reaching a CEO of a company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

GDS

I have been working at GDS International

Pros

Great place, fun people, good experience

Cons

bad chain of command for the whole company

International Account Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at GDS International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very interactive work environment - Ping pong tables, vending machines, smoke breaks every 2 hours.

Cons

The most unprofessional work environment I've ever seen or heard of. Unfair and unethical management. Company is full of lies and deceit to get potential clients. Company partakes in illegal solicitation in order to get in touch with CEO's and other Executives.

GDS recycles employees like its their job. Someone gets fired and hired every single day. No job security. Boiler room environment. Lots of interoffice dating and affairs.

Its like working in a big Fraternity house.

Wrong Values, Wrong Practices and a Good Product

Former Employee - International Sales Executive  in  Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - International Sales Executive in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at GDS International full-time for less than a year

Pros

Young and nice people.

Cons

The company has a long list of wrong doing that they don't let you know until 1 week after you are hired. You have to lie to get CEOs cellphone number. They suggest you pay for a service that pretend you are someone else on the phone. You have to lie to clients on a daily basis.

Invest on your people and improve then rather than discarding them as if they are nothing.

Smoke and Mirrors

I worked at GDS International full-time

Pros

Great Booze and Music and Salary

Cons

No Branding, Clickish and Mediocre

Get back to basics

learned a lot and developed some unique sales skills. good people..

I have been working at GDS International full-time

Pros

they treated me fair. no complaints

Cons

lots of management movement while I was there

Great Place to learn, but bad for longterm

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at GDS International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good training, sales prizes, good commission

Cons

Upper management is full of liars and frauds.
    Intense sales goals.
    Unprofessional

Stop feeding employees lies.

High Pressure Sales in a young, frat-like environment

Former Employee - International Sales Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - International Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at GDS International full-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Location...The NYC office is located directly on Wall St in the Trump Building. It's an easily accessible location, and it makes you sound very official to your friends and family. 2) Ping Pong...There are two ping pong tables and a huge level of competition amongst your co-workers. They are in constant use during breaks, lunch, and after hours. 3) Easy to get hired...You don't need to be a college grad to get hired or succeed here, but rather a thick skin, affable personality, and determination when it comes to phone sales 4) Travel...If you do last for more than a few months, you will be able to travel to the "summits" that you have been selling over the phone. Most everything is paid for, and it's a good time in locations around the US, and abroad. 4) Vacation and Benefits... A "winter break" that is unheard of...you get off from like Dec. 23rd to a few days into January. The benefits are decent as well. 5) Base + Commission...The numbers were in the process of changing as I was leaving, but you make an industry-standard base, and depending on your sales skills and time spent, the sky is the limit. Some of the veteran sales people make BANK 6) It's a decent place to work for a thick-skinned, sales-driven 20 something, or it could be a placeholder if you got let go from another job and are looking for a better job. THIS IS A JOB...NOT A CAREER OPPORTUNITY

Cons

1) Low Morals.....In order to truly succeed, these sales practices do require you to give up some of your morals. Lying to clients' assistants to get them on the phone, pretending to be someone else to get a number from a co-worker, some people even found the home phone number and pretended to be a co-worker to get the cell phone number from the wife. The confirmed list of people that you tell your prospective clients over the phone is usually completely inaccurate, especially at the beginning of the sales campaign. There were loads of bad reviews on the internet about GDS, they paid these companies off to take them off, and hired people to write good reviews to outnumber the bad ones too. 2) Lead-sourcing...You are required to find your own leads on the computer, using any and all methods. Most of the people you call have been called before, refuse to work with GDS, or are banned from working with GDS due to being burned in the past. 3) High Turnover... There is a training class it feels like every 2-3 months because many quit right away, and the others don't cut it. My training class was about 25 people who got accepted to work there....After a year, there were less than five left. 4) Rejection...As goes with phone sales, prepare to be rejected dozens of times a day. It is frustrating to say the least. 5) Monotonous...Every day, you go to your desk and make dozens of phone calls a day, most ending unsuccessfully. That's not the fault of GDS, but rather the industry. 6) Room for Advancement... Unless you are a sales prodigy, you will not move up. There is little upper-management, and they are not fit to manage. They just exceeded at sales, so they moved up.

Nothing can be said.. They wouldn't listen. Also, I didn't leave on bad terms and have a respectable position now at an admirable company. There is no bad blood and I've made a few good friends there, but I wish I'd known more about GDS before joining. It's not for the morally righteous, or thin-skinned.

Worked for GDS International? Contribute to the Community!