GE Capital

GE Capital Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

GE Capital CEO Keith Sherin

Keith Sherin

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, standardized rating system so you know where you stand(in 52 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn through world-class training sessions(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Company advertises a work-life balance however the reality is there is little time for anything but work(in 24 reviews)

• Conformist environment with a weak HR that is more of a mouthpiece of the senior management(in 19 reviews)

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsGreat compensation. Interesting work and a variety of topics. Great colleagues and a fast paved work environment. I always had challenging assignments. There was never a dull moment. Lots of career progression and various internal jobs to choose from. Company has an excellent reputation.

ConsHard to get hired. Sometimes it's hard to maintain work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Don't forget to reward your high performers.

Good team, bad location

Lawyer (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsInteresting work, nice people. There's a good cafe, which is essential because there's very little outside the office block except the train to other places.

ConsStamford isn't near anywhere you would want to live under the age of 40. A fair share of office politics, but nothing excessive. Quite introverted in recruitment for higher roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove back to NY

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We always want to improve at GE Capital and this gives us some great transparent feedback to do so. We appreciate your response.

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and colleagial working environment
    Flat structure
    Good lifestyle

Conscomplicated organizational structure and frequent job change within company

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are always striving to be a 'smaller company' and simplify things. Feedback like this is priceless. Thank you!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I like the work and find the company is very fair in treatment.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsThe company offers good work hours to temps. There is an opportunity to sign on in permanent employment.

ConsThe work speeds up and slows down which most office jobs does. The pay is good and there are opportunities for overtime. Unfortunately as a temporay contractor there are no benefits of "paid-time-off".

Advice to Senior ManagementSome co-workers like to complain but they are tardy from breaks and arrival times to work, they are lax on dress code and even conduct rules. Keep the reminders of these areas of conduct to keep us working efficiently and orderly. It will keep permanent workers from resenting us as employees.

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the transparent feedback and always look to improve. Feedback like this will help us do so!

Excellent Company With Customer Service At The Forefront

Customer Service (CSR) (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent working environment. GE Capital does everything possible to put the customer in the term "customer" service. There is a lot of room for advancement and management supports individual growth within the company. The more an employee gets involved with the company the greater the opportunities.
    The company offers excellent benefits and provides an adequate balance for work and personal life.

ConsThe work is very demanding and to say that the company micro manages each employee doesn't even come close to the metrics that are reviewed by management. I believe in the end results required by the company, however, I feel that the customer service team is under compensated for the effort and responsibility delegated.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that management should be more tuned in to what customers are saying on the phone calls instead of letting people from out of the country evaluate the calls and customer service responses. As important as excellence in customer service is to management I believe they need to be more aware of what the customer service team has to go through to get to that end and do it in very low call times.

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the transparent feedback and always look to improve specifically in our CSR roles. Feedback like this will help us do so!

Very good company, great training!

Litigation Specialist (Former Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsBalanced work/home life. Great co-workers!

ConsCannot think of any cons!

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your response.

PA

ProsThe work life balance is great

ConsLeadership skills are highly encouraged

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We continually try to make GE Capital the employer of choice!

My experience at GE was rewarding.

Lockbox (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGE has a lot of programs to help you develop into a career if that's what you're looking for. They have decent benefits. They thrive on meeting customer expectations and the management team is decent.

ConsToo many females and a lot of drama from time to time, give too much attention to being on committees that have nothing to do with the work flow or processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe immediate managers in each department need to get more involved with the everyday process and workflow in their department vs spending an entire day in meetings and not knowing what's going on with their associates.

Jul 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. We work hard at our career development as our employees are the best part of our organization. Thank you for the advice and know that we will certainly be considering ... More

Overall the company is a great place to start your career off.

Strategy and Analysis (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat Atmosphere, people get along very well, tough projects that are challenging you everyday

ConsAfter a few days of doing the same thing you get bored. Its very slow placed, but if that's for you go ahead.

Advice to Senior ManagementGE is suppose to be about team work there is no team work. You have to do everything on your own. Management needs make sure they are giving the right advice to new employees.

10 Years w/ GE Capital

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsGE has a great culture and excellent training programs. Work-life balance, at least in my group, has been amazing.

ConsCompensation is not competitive with the rest of Fairfield County/New York financial professionals. Very bureaucratic with decisions and action taking far too long to execute.

Jul 24, 2014

We appreciate your review. We are always trying to get better. Reviews such as this are a great way to collect transparent feedback to do so. Thank you!

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!