GE Capital

GE Capital Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

GE Capital CEO Keith Sherin

Keith Sherin

Pros:
  • "Good work-life balance, standardized rating system so you know where you stand"
    in 39 reviews
  • "Opportunities to learn through world-class training sessions"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "High demand for time -Bad Work/Life Balance"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Senior management at GE Capital lead by Ann Riley is pathetic"
    in 17 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I like the work and find the company is very fair in treatment.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Kettering, OH

ProsThe company offers good work hours to temps. There is an opportunity to sign on in permanent employment.

ConsThe work speeds up and slows down which most office jobs does. The pay is good and there are opportunities for overtime. Unfortunately as a temporay contractor there are no benefits of "paid-time-off".

Advice to Senior ManagementSome co-workers like to complain but they are tardy from breaks and arrival times to work, they are lax on dress code and even conduct rules. Keep the reminders of these areas of conduct to keep us working efficiently and orderly. It will keep permanent workers from resenting us as employees.

Excellent Company With Customer Service At The Forefront

Customer Service (CSR) (Current Employee)

ProsExcellent working environment. GE Capital does everything possible to put the customer in the term "customer" service. There is a lot of room for advancement and management supports individual growth within the company. The more an employee gets involved with the company the greater the opportunities.
    The company offers excellent benefits and provides an adequate balance for work and personal life.

ConsThe work is very demanding and to say that the company micro manages each employee doesn't even come close to the metrics that are reviewed by management. I believe in the end results required by the company, however, I feel that the customer service team is under compensated for the effort and responsibility delegated.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that management should be more tuned in to what customers are saying on the phone calls instead of letting people from out of the country evaluate the calls and customer service responses. As important as excellence in customer service is to management I believe they need to be more aware of what the customer service team has to go through to get to that end and do it in very low call times.

Very good company, great training!

Litigation Specialist (Former Employee)
    Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsBalanced work/home life. Great co-workers!

ConsCannot think of any cons!

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

PA

ProsThe work life balance is great

ConsLeadership skills are highly encouraged

My experience at GE was rewarding.

Lockbox (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGE has a lot of programs to help you develop into a career if that's what you're looking for. They have decent benefits. They thrive on meeting customer expectations and the management team is decent.

ConsToo many females and a lot of drama from time to time, give too much attention to being on committees that have nothing to do with the work flow or processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe immediate managers in each department need to get more involved with the everyday process and workflow in their department vs spending an entire day in meetings and not knowing what's going on with their associates.

Meritocracy personified

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Detroit, MI

ProsThe company gives people big challenges, stretches their capabilities and helps them achieve more through a fantastic set of training opportunities in their first rate management training curriculum.

ConsThe company attracts people with can-do, get-it-done attitudes. If you're contemplative, overly analytical or generally unhelpful, you'll see conflict with your peers and customers quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn the experiences and abilities of the team you inherit. At times you'll find there are gems among the crowd.

I needed a job and ended up with a career.

Workforce Planning Specialist (Former Employee)
    Rapid City, SD

ProsBecause it is a big company, there are a lot of opportunities for lateral and upward career paths. The culture is one of integrity and honesty. Not only was the pay more than adequate, but working full time meant I had excellent benefits starting on day one. Additionally, GE Money encouraged professional and personal development and offering many opportunities along those lines. GE Money also offered opportunities to help in the community. There were also activities not related to work for those who wanted to engage in fun. Creativity and forward thinking were always encouraged and welcomed.

ConsBecause it is a big company, there were times when some decisions were made up the chain of command with no real awareness of the effects those decisions would have down in the trenches. Also, there were some pockets of "good ole boy" mentality where popularity won out over professional qualifications. When dealing with a large number of people, there is bound to be personality conflict or competition and sometimes these things got in the way of good business. Also, in the small office I worked in, the scheduling for associates was difficult and not employee or family friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management would simply be to continue to strive for balance between the needs of the company and the needs to employee.

Great culture, great learning experience

ProsStrong cohesive culture, company provides great working benefits, value work-life balance, people go out of their way to work with you as they're enthusiastic about the company and want to see the projects succeed.

ConsBecause GE is so large getting access and communicating in between divisions can be painstakingly slow, there are also a lot of offshore consultant teams that are difficult to work with

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow more opportunities for lower level employees to showcase their talent

Work at Home Client Services

ProsFlexible schedule, no commute, yearly salary increases

Conspay for my own phone and internet, no benefits, feelings of isolation from the company because there is not much contact with other employees, no opportunity to work full time from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I started our managers went out of their way to make sure we felt like we were a part of the company. As time has passed our team meetings, mailers, and onsite meetings have been either omitted or the time allotted has been cut way down.To feel loyal and a part of the company we need to feel included. I suggest more onsite meetings and training opportunities. As well as using a different type of huddle method that allows us more interaction instead of being talked to and shown slides. It would be great to be able to offer verbal feedback in our huddles again. There are also online meeting platforms that allow participants more interaction during the meetings such as avatars that can move around, raising hands, smiley faces, etc. The program we are using currently leaves much to be desired.

GE Capital

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsBrand recognition, good benefits, company vehicle, work life balance

ConsCompensation plans could be more attractive, permission to apply for role should be based on talent & skill set not tenure (24 month min). Late adapter to sales models & software.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive with evolution rather than reactive.

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!

GE Capital Videos

GE Capital – Why Work for Us?

Creating opportunities At GE Capital, we hire exceptional people and invest in their growth, providing unrivalled leadership and training in a diverse and healthy environment. Our greatest asset is our people. With… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Capital reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Capital CEO Keith Sherin. All 546 reviews posted anonymously by GE Capital employees.