GE Capital

GE Capital Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

GE Capital CEO Keith Sherin

Keith Sherin

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, standardized rating system so you know where you stand(in 52 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn through world-class training sessions(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Company advertises a work-life balance however the reality is there is little time for anything but work(in 23 reviews)

• Conformist environment with a weak HR that is more of a mouthpiece of the senior management(in 19 reviews)

Good team, bad location

Lawyer (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsInteresting work, nice people. There's a good cafe, which is essential because there's very little outside the office block except the train to other places.

ConsStamford isn't near anywhere you would want to live under the age of 40. A fair share of office politics, but nothing excessive. Quite introverted in recruitment for higher roles.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove back to NY

10 Years w/ GE Capital

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Norwalk, CT

ProsGE has a great culture and excellent training programs. Work-life balance, at least in my group, has been amazing.

ConsCompensation is not competitive with the rest of Fairfield County/New York financial professionals. Very bureaucratic with decisions and action taking far too long to execute.

Many opportunities

Insurance Representativev (Current Employee) Mississauga, ON (Canada)

ProsMany opportunites out there, if you are an intelligent person with full potentials, you can grow very fast

ConsIf you are a contractor, there's chance after your term is finished, the business no longer needs you even there is a need, they don't want to give a full time position

Advice to Senior ManagementGive young people more chances to share their ideas

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall learner

Corporate Consultant (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsCompany is good for GNIITians and fresher. They can learn over here and getting an entry is easy for GNIITians.

ConsNot a good pay master. May not get good people to work with since most of the people are fresher

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for good talent and promote them if you want to retain them

good company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and colleagial working environment
    Flat structure
    Good lifestyle

Conscomplicated organizational structure and frequent job change within company

Depressing, micromanaging, overrated, nepotistic environment

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt's a paycheck. Early on, I tried to be optimistic and expected things to change, but they never do. They stay the same. Change is good, guess that's why it stays the same here. Nothing to brag about.

ConsI was so excited to get an offer from GE. I should have done my Glassdoor homework. I received another offer at the same time. Gosh how I wish I had accepted the other offer. What a mistake I made in joining this company.
    I thought the depressing, micromanaging, overrated, nepotistic environment was specific to my group, but now that I've been here for a few years, I see it's throughout the company. It's a way of life, if you can call this living.
    That just about describes it. It's like a visit with Satan.
    ECONOMY, can you here me? Please pick up so I can get out of here!

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you pretend to support.

Structured Finance

Intern (Former Employee) Tokyo (Japan)

ProsGood work life balance, Talented People from different Background

ConsNon paid internship, Not much to learn from other staffs since everyone is busy

I like the work and find the company is very fair in treatment.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsThe company offers good work hours to temps. There is an opportunity to sign on in permanent employment.

ConsThe work speeds up and slows down which most office jobs does. The pay is good and there are opportunities for overtime. Unfortunately as a temporay contractor there are no benefits of "paid-time-off".

Advice to Senior ManagementSome co-workers like to complain but they are tardy from breaks and arrival times to work, they are lax on dress code and even conduct rules. Keep the reminders of these areas of conduct to keep us working efficiently and orderly. It will keep permanent workers from resenting us as employees.

Company where you acquire great skills

Prosmultinational

not high salaries
    medium stock benefits

Highly risky job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-totally compliant, no one actually asks you to do anything wrong unlike in many companies where rules are there but are not followed and the management turns a blind eye. partly so because the company is not so bothered even if the deal is lost
    -work life balance

Cons-bureaucratic, slow in decision making
    -network get precedence over performance
    -not bothered about business, complacent
    -irresponsible in hiring and ruthless in firing

Advice to Senior Management-bring a culture of hard-work
    -think twice before you hire and at least once before you fire

Worked for GE Capital? Contribute to the Community!