GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

GE Healthcare President & CEO John Dineen

John Dineen

Pros
  • Great potential for good work/life balance depending on which team you are on(in 60 reviews)

• work from home like Flexibility and good growth opportunities(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • It's slightly below peer standard but a better work-life balance can be reaped as the trade-off(in 65 reviews)

• No work life balance although they bombard you with work life balance tips and information you can't apply(in 12 reviews)

Not the Best Company to work for

ProsBenefits were good. Salary was good. Hours were good

ConsToo big of a company. No loyalty to their hard working employees. Lay off abound.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees than the bottom line.

A non-strategic organization

ProsWhen you get a good senior leader with a vision you are in a good place.

ConsMost managers and leaders however are looking out for themselves and are very much aware they will have to rotate out of their role in 3 years. This mentality only feeds people to not do the correct thing for the organization or long term strategy. "It will be someone else's problem attitude for larger issues".

Advice to Senior ManagementLet folks stay in their roles for more than 3 years, do not look upon them as failures, if they do not move into a new role. Let them finish implementing ideas and executing strategically. The organization needs an immense amount of long term execution. That is why nothing is simple and every process is complex.

Just another Corporate giant

IT Lead Technologist (Current Employee) Wauwatosa, WI

ProsHuge projects, large teams, and very impactful work. Tons of scale and negotiating power when working with vendors. The top 10% of the employees are extremely sharp people.

ConsVery conservative, very old school. Risk averse. Office culture is highly competitive and cut throat. Management is mediocre at best. Bottom 50% of employees/contractors are lazy and unskilled. GE is a manufacturing company at heart and tries to apply manufacturing principles to other departments, only making things worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet clear direction, bring the talent in-house instead of outsourcing to the lowest bidder, and stay focused on the customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Be productive, contribute, and solve problems so they keep you around.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, healthcare, 401K, time off, ability to apply/transfer for a job at any GE facility in the world.

ConsJob security is always in question. They can sell a company or buy and move a company in order to consolidate and cut costs which seems to be what they are all about, the bottom line. Too many mid-level managers that are off-site too.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't dictate from afar, talk to local management before making drastic changes.

Great Company

Unspecified (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood management, great [people to work with, fosters good interdepartmental relationships

ConsWork load sometimes ballooned but its part of the job

Advice to Senior ManagementSupportive of employees' work life and respectful of their life outside of work

Excellent company

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsCurrent Technology. Very important products. Excellent, positive environment

ConsThey were shipping a lot of work to India

Good starting out company

Production (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsGood place to gain experience. Use them as they use you. Learn all you can from GE and then take what you have learned elsewhere. Complex career paths. Expectations of you are high.

ConsGE won't try to keep your talents. They chew you up and spit you out. Often they under compensate you. Career paths undefined. Pay raises far between. Turnovers often and for no reason. Much competition among employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your young talent. Embrace them, challenge them, and most of all reward them!

Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsReally enjoyed the internship and learned a lot

ConsWish I was given more things to do.

Innovation at work

Product Surveillance Leader (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsThe company is making a large impact by bringing lost cost, efficient healthcare to all regions of the world. They stand behind their statement "We're at work for a healthier world!"

ConsGE Healthcare has been rated high for work/life balance, yet you are expected to be on your work phone or responding to email 24/7 and YOU are the one to figure out how to make room for life.

Good company to work for

Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) Waukesha, WI

ProsLots of career opportunities and room to grow

ConsSometimes little things are hard to accomplish due to bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on simplification

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!