GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

GE Healthcare President & CEO John Dineen

John Dineen

Pros:
  • "Great potential for good work/life balance depending on which team you are on"
    in 51 reviews
  • "work from home like Flexibility and good growth opportunities"
    in 23 reviews
Cons:
  • "It's slightly below peer standard but a better work-life balance can be reaped as the trade-off"
    in 62 reviews
  • "No work life balance although they bombard you with work life balance tips and information you can't apply"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

GE Healthcare

Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee)
Madison, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsPay and ability to work from home.

ConsAcquistions are not fun and its said you dont have a choice.

Clinical Applications Specialist-Ultrasound

Clinical Applications Specialist (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat team dynamic; all employees would go out of their way to help anyone on their team. They encourage you to develop professionally and are always willing to help you reach your goals.

ConsTravel can be exhausting, but it depends on your territory. You must have a very flexible schedule and be open to schedule changes.

Learned a lot

I have been working at GE Healthcare

ProsCareer development and great work environment

Conswork under pressure and bad health insurance

Advice to Senior Managementstop cost savings

A well respected company externally

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExternally it never looks bad to work for GE regardless of what internally issues you will have to endure. Great leadership training and career opitions.

ConsIt can be a toxic enviroment depending on what team you are on and who is on the leadership team. They tend to hire all Type A personalities that are gunning for eachothers job. If you manage to find a sponsor, you will do well. Leaders do not always do a good job of promoting their teams - many are too focused on making themselves look good.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your team. As a leader, you will shine and have to work less with a great team vs. focusing all your energy on making yourself look good.

Diversity is not just about different backgrounds and race, it's also having a team with varied personalities. Don't just hire people that want to be the next Jeff Immelt - it creates a toxic enviroment where no one cares about helping their teammates.

asasas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GE Healthcare

Proscompany values, benefits, leadership, opportunities, involvement

Conspersonal growth, culture, benefits, leadership, values

Advice to Senior Managementtime-off policies, personal growth

Good

BMET I (Current Employee)
New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits. Salary. Boss is far away.

ConsLeadership always shifting. Hard to get promoted unless you relocate. Huge work load for the amount of staff.

Manager

Consulting Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLeadership development, culture-driven performance, focus on execution

ConsEngineering mindset, heavy compliance can make work complicated

Great place to work, for awhile

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people, great processes, incredible learning and doing environment. Great place to build a resume AND when it's time, leave for a better job with better pay.

ConsToo many Executive Band employees not pulling their weight and clogging promotional opportunity. Political, not a meritocracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear out dead-weight EBs, start promoting high-performance SP level.

work hard play hard and earn a good living

Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NM

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Prospossibility for good earnings and growth

Consmanagement (to many of them)

Advice to Senior Managementremove your heads from your rear ends

De-evolution from energizing growth engine to a shrinking bureaucracy

Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

ProsUsed to be a great growth company - as close to a true meritocracy as I've seen; a place where promotions were awarded those who performed while exhibiting clearly described company values. GE still obviously has significant resources to apply to product development and corporate improvements. Likely still a good place for recent grads to start their career - just stay under the radar and don't get deluded into thinking you'll retire here (unless the next round of senior leadership makes major directional and cultural shifts).

ConsWe used to actively fight against bureaucracy - yet now it seems we have a critical mass of these type "leaders" in control and it often feels like we're spiraling out of control. The communication disconnect between those who perform and those who supposedly lead has become a chasm - and appears to be widening. The "leaders" pay lip service to listening to employees - yet I get the feeling they are more corporate robots than human beings... and seem unable to actually listen and believe what people might want to escalate. The word dictator comes to mind when thinking of multiple senior leaders. Where we used to be a collaborative force building careers & closely integrated at several organizational levels... we've become individuals in JOBS doing what self proclaimed smart people condescendingly demand. Quite a shame. Open loop systems are doomed to spiral out of control.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn humility. You DO NOT know it all. Your people are the life blood of your success. Listen to them. No. Really listen to them. Check your ego and your ideas at the door. Actively listen, question, echo what you hear and ask if that's what people are concerned or excited about. Stop acting like you listen via silly surveys. Get out and talk with individuals. Be human. Once you've actually HEARD your people, then add your ideas and spin. Set a direction, then coach and guide rather than dictate. Stop the lip service about the importance of collaboration - unless you'd like to participate (or at least get out of the way).

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

GE Healthcare Videos

GE Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Be a part of something bigger than yourself. GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Healthcare CEO John Dineen. All 806 reviews posted anonymously by GE Healthcare employees.