GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

GE Healthcare President & CEO John Dineen

John Dineen

Pros
  • Great potential for good work/life balance depending on which team you are on(in 60 reviews)

• work from home like Flexibility and good growth opportunities(in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • It's slightly below peer standard but a better work-life balance can be reaped as the trade-off(in 65 reviews)

• No work life balance although they bombard you with work life balance tips and information you can't apply(in 12 reviews)

Great place knowledgeable co-workers forward thinking in terms of product line

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsWealth of knowledge, decent middle management team, flexibility most of the time, very global

Conslong hours, quarter to quarter goals, focus on this quarter results not the long term, too much separation in groups, sometimes staff is look upon as disposable.

Personal Growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStrong support of personal development. Employees are treated fairly. Expectations are clear.

ConsOffice processes can be complex, but there is awareness and action to simplify. Acquisition of companies tends to heavily burden existing staff with onboarding and resolving legacy issues.

Good environment

Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Current Employee)

ProsPretty flexible about the way you fill your hours
    Team environment is super welcoming from most of what ive heard

ConsAs an intern not really the opportunity for overtime
    big company so sometimes its hard to grasp the overall role you play

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic place to work!

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsManagers trust the employees to do their job. No micromanagement. 3 weeks PTO. Christmas parties. 401k matching. Health insurance was almost nothing.

ConsReally big company; you can get lost in the woodwork. Training was not great. There is online training that is annoying to go through. Lots of meetings. Little time to do actual work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the meetings. Let us do our job instead of talking about it.

Great company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGreat benefits, Really took care of employees after Hurricane Katrina

ConsIt's corporate structure and you're not people anymore

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you like corporate lifestyle and set rules with no lee way then this is for you.

Kind of like the Titanic

Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

Pros- Really nice flex-time and remote working policies. There have been murmurings of cracking down and making people come into the office, but they never eventuate. I work from home 80% of the time, which is awesome.
    - Excellent benefits. Matching 401k and a pension plan. Dental, vision, health, with coverage for dependents.
    - Competitive pay

Cons- Management changes every 12-18 months, making it very hard to take anything seriously because the next management change will wipe everything away.
    - Slow to react to the market and when they do, it feels just like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, rather than real, meaningful change.
    - Asinine overhead in terms of "training" and documentation because GE is primarily a manufacturing company and hasn't tailored any of their regulatory requirements for the software aspects.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to realize that software is not equivalent to manufacturing and throwing more bureaucracy at things doesn't solve anything. If you want to be "lean" and "agile", paring away the layers of management would be a good first step.

Good but confused strategy

ProsGreat process
    Good to be at the Olympics

ConsPersonal growth is dependent on your network and political reputation not actual output.

just so so

Prosbig company, nice benefit, such as vacation, 401k match, etc

Consmany useless people and managers

Started off great but crash landed

BMET2 (Former Employee)

ProsAs onsite biomed, there was great diversity in learning many medical devices. Usually pared with knowledgeable Sr. Biomeds on rotation.

ConsLack of OEM training. No official training unless you were specialized in anesthesia or respiratory.
    Good old boys club. As management changes, so did the rules. Promotions and accolades came from the regional gm and were only for a specific few, irregardless of site and co-worker accolades.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay better attention to your site people. Management is not always forthcoming.

its getting worst

Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

Prosworking from home, salary and benefits

Conscut cost cut cost cut cost and cut people

Advice to Senior Managementwe make the money not the managers, stop having more and more managers.

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!