GE Healthcare

Updated Nov 26, 2013

GE Healthcare President & CEO John Dineen

John Dineen

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Giant bureaucracy with smart, talented people.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at GE Healthcare as a contractor for more than a year

ProsMost of your co-workers and managers are bright and motivated. You get to work on meaningful and life saving projects with virtually unlimited resources.

ConsDon't work here as a contractor! You will be treated as a second-class citizen. Bureaucracy has retarded progress on every project I've worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your contractors better! Don't lock us out of the gym or tell us we can't participate in volunteer day. The simple things go a long way to improving job satisfaction for us.

Very stressful and demanding

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat career opportunities and advancement

ConsVery stressful and demanding. Advancement limited somewhat unless you worked thru entry level programs (i.e. IMLP, FMP)

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay to better match the market. Allow for better work-life balance.

GE Healthcare OEC Division

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGE Healthcare, in general, can be a good place to work. The OEC division is very different from the rest of the company. I can understand why they are under a Consent Decree,

ConsThis office was the worst office I have ever worked in. The lack of communication between people and offices was deadly. The office management was terrible, with little to no support from those managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain direct managers better, or give them a better understanding of how to manage people with respect and positive reinforcement.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great products, but waterfall process made it hard to innovate.

Edison Engineering Intern (Former Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at GE Healthcare as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat, talented people, interesting products. Really had fun working and learning so much during my internship. Felt like a real member of the team.

ConsWaterfall process hampered employee ideas, that could have had a disruptive influence in the marketplace.

Great company with solid product. Questionable corporate leadership

Lead Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat diversity, result driven organization that helps people grow. Multiple programs to help people outside of work (exercise facilities, diversity forums, etc.)

ConsNot always a meritocracy, and the corporate leadership doesn't always make the most sense nor always communicate consistent messages.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent with messages. One week the CEO announces the company is doing great, the next there is a large reduction in force.

Great people, but too big and slow to react to market needs

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than a year

ProsThey finally value Marketing, and there are opportunities to do meaningful work. You are empowered to spend money when needed and given autonomy to own your product.

ConsThere is very little on-boarding training, you kind of have to figure things out on your own.

The local people are great, but ultimately decisions are made by corporate folks looking only at a P&L.

Healthcare Organization is unpredictable

Quality Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBig company with global recognition. 401k. If you can get approved for education reimbursement, this is a perk. Great training ground for other companies, as you will get world class training and eventually take it to a different company. Very high pay.

ConsRigid. Many layoffs. Too many reorganization and realignments over my last four years to keep count. Horrible medical and dental benefits. Many Type A personalities to deal with on a routine basis. High burnout. FDA problems, consent decree, and a CQO who is rigid and allows little deviation from the heavy quality management system that GE uses. Enormous amount of your time will be spent doing training thru an online system, most of which is non value add.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo compete in a global economy in the space of medical devices, you need to be able to make change quicker. GE is a heavy ship moving slowly thru the waters. External changes and competition are changing around us and our captains cant turn this ship fast enough. What happened to all the Lean and Six Sigma initiatives? It seems to happen everywhere except for the QMS.

N/A

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at GE Healthcare

ProsBrand Name, Location - Salt Lake City, Good Feeling, Illusion of being a part of a engineering giant.

ConsHorrible Benefits (especially health)
Salary
No Bonuses/Stocks etc.
Management
Career Development

GE OEC - Terrible Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at GE Healthcare

ProsPay and benefits are O.K.

ConsCulture is super cruel, cultish.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that you do not live in the center of the universe.

Instructive

I have been working at GE Healthcare

ProsThe projects here can be very challenging.
You get to work on varied projects.
One of the top product development companies

ConsAll employees here tend to be overworked. They seem to take pride in this
Growing people is not done well

Advice to Senior ManagementDont throw baby out with the bathwater
Just churning management without fixing root cause will not get the product out faster.

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

GE Healthcare Videos

GE Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Be a part of something bigger than yourself. GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Healthcare reviews and ratings in Salt Lake City, UT — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Healthcare CEO John Dineen. All 15 reviews posted anonymously by GE Healthcare employees.