GE Healthcare Reviews in South Burlington, VT

3.3

GE Healthcare President & CEO John Dineen
John Dineen

Pros
  • Great potential for good work/life balance depending on which team you are on (in 66 reviews)

• There is no accountability, so you can basically take off or work from home at your leisure (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • At times unreal expectations from the boss makes it very difficult to manage work-life balance (in 69 reviews)

• No work life balance; said I'd travel 10-20% and it was 50-70% of my time (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

You are just a number

Former Employee - Software Validation  in  South Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Software Validation in South Burlington, VT

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Salary is competitive with area, benefits aren't are good as they used to be, but are still ok.

Cons

You are just a number
    Layoffs occur at least once a year
    They don't understand how to manage software process, try and force it into hardware process, which slows down and hampers the process
    It's all about the bottom line. They layoff employees and then can't do the work to create a profit for the next year.
    Hiring and budget freezes occurs after first quarter
    Seem to be hiring more contractors than actual full time employees.

Stop making decisions 6 levels about where the actual work is being done. Listen to the people who are doing the jobs.

Miserable. Sat in a semi-abandoned cube farm and fought to get any idea of what we were supposed to do there.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at GE Healthcare as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Fellow drones suffered with us.

Cons

Three or four "project managers" or PMPs for every team member; remote management that didn't really care; no training in the job expected of us; assigned PMP would disappear for days at a time with no contact, etc., etc.

Upper management is so out of touch with the trenches it's laughable. There are about thirty pay levels between a typical staffer and the CEO, who is an Administration favorite. Lose the CEO and his billions and start learning about what your mission is; healthcare IT? Or what?

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!