GE Healthcare Reviews

John L. Flannery

1. Great experiences working and learning in a global company

Current Employee - Global Sourcing Manager in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Global Sourcing Manager in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global Company
    High Quality people
    great place to learn and grow

Cons

very demanding work environment
    suspicious of willingness to pay market salaries

pay your people market salaries

Awesome technical experiences but a very bottom-line, process-oriented company.

Former Employee - Lead Systems Designer in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Lead Systems Designer in Waukesha, WI

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Passionate, highly skilled people create a great opportunity to learn new things and impact the world of healthcare. GE has the capacity to swing big and positively affect the lives of millions world-wide.

Cons

There is so much structure and process that it is hard to be nimble and move with the market. Because it is in a regulated industry, the successful regulatory audits become de facto standards for all projects, resulting in processes with considerable overhead. And in contrast to its stated goals of organic growth, GE bypasses innovative startup ideas and focuses instead on acquisitions with existing markets.

GE Healthcare has so many people doing so many good things. Use the power and influence of the company to streamline the development process and become nimble enough to realize more market innovations. In addition, reduce the number of negatively themed, revenue-oriented messages delivered to employees and replace them with uplifting stories of risk, innovation, and growth to motivate them in their jobs.

Hard company to work for lately

Current Employee - Quality in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Quality in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

GE has a highly competitive culture that will push you to be your best and will help you develop your leadership skills.

Cons

Metrics and money are the holy grail. That's fine when the company is doing well, but it's been a long time since it's been doing well. It is just a perpetual beat down. No money for business travel, no money for IT investment, no money for training, no money for raises. And every year, we're told "we have to tighten our belts because it's going to be another tough year." And the insurance is just garbage.

People used to be proud that they worked for GE. Now it's like serving a prison sentence. Management needs to reinvigorate a culture of optimism. That starts with investing in people and helping them to feel secure (rather than in fear of the next round of layoffs).

People think they are incredible because their badges have the meatball on it

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare

Pros

Decent compensation
    Well known company

Cons

Everyone seems to think they can walk on water, and the ground they walk on should be worshipped. The worst are the IMLPs, these are supposedly the "chosen" executives of the future and act like absolute spoiled brats.

IMLPs are not always going to be great. Part of becoming a great leader are the lessons and humility you learn whilst climbing the corporate ladder...

6. Ok

Current Employee - Sourcing Leader in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Sourcing Leader in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, and they really want people to grow to be leaders. They also try to involve employees in the community, but there is not available time to volunteer.

Cons

High stress environment. There is an expectation to work from home and any and all hours. This is difficult if you have a family.

Not as good as it used to be

Former Employee - Strategic Sourcing Leader in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Strategic Sourcing Leader in Waukesha, WI

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive Salary, challenging work. Flexible work arrangements are informal and usually encouraged since they will get their 50+ hours from you regardless of how you work.

Cons

Too much bureaucracy. Expectation that you will work 50+ hours per week or you must not have enough to do.

Replace the senior executives who continue to get re-shuffled. Many of them are good at navigating GE but don't have industry depth.

8. Excellent Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

I worked at GE Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Terrific co-workers - could not ask for better. Very flexible work from home policy. Salary is excellent, pleasant surroundings. Massive amounts of work, you will never be "bored".

Cons

Leadership does not understand amount of work necessary to accomplish last minute changes - they do not abide by processes - thereby putting tremendous pressure on teams since timeline does not change. Teams are squeezed from both ends to accomplish.

Leadership needs to abide by the processes set in place so that workflow works! Either that or allow that the timelines may change.

9. Give it all you've got!

Current Employee - Learning Consultant in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Learning Consultant in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits, great coworkers and teams. Good quiet atmosphere, volunteer opportunities as well as opportunities to grow and advance.

Cons

Very little in the way of onboarding.

Develop a strong onboarding program. With such a complex organization, new hires need clear outlines and go-to individuals or sites.

10. tough environment, but learned a lot

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at GE Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

learned a lot, flexible time

Cons

tough environment, over time work, no bonus

GE Healthcare Response

Nov 18, 2014Recruiting Manager/Marketing Leader- US Talent Recruitment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

11. Abused by constant complaints of veteran employees, referred to as a Scab stealing someone's job.

Former Employee - Production in Waukesha, WI
    Former Employee - Production in Waukesha, WI

I worked at GE Healthcare part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was paid very well, the work was easy but detailed.

Cons

Huge favoritism towards individuals by team leaders, unprofessional manners by veteran coworkers.
    Experienced physical and verbal abuse personally'

Don't allow your 20 year + people to ruin it for others' nothing worse then hearing bad things about the company you just chose to work for by their own Union Stewart constantly. Detox your environment, companies that allow bad behavior to thrive in tight areas reap nothing! Production suffers and so does morale. Quit favoring those who are stagnant and recongnize those who produce with detailed accuracy Consistantly. At first I was honered and felt humbled to work for a company I have grown to know throughout my entire life, but the very first week was an eye opener. Regardless of my attempts to avoid and detach myself from all the gossip within the company I found it right back in my face day after day. I have worked in Prodution Manufacturing for more then 30 years and have never experienced such unprofessional and inexcusable behavior by other coworkers and management as well because they never addressed these issues and still haven't
    today after talking with a good friend who is still employed there today.