GE Healthcare

GE Healthcare President & CEO John Dineen

John Dineen

92 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsVery good work culture. Big company ..Benefits ok, work-life balance is good.
    Promotions, World class training
    Personal growth

ConsCompensation is average
    Career may get stagnated after some time

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Good to average place for a global company experience

Product Surveillance Engineer (Current Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsGood career growth opportunities. GE is not very orthodox from career perspectives. If you are striving fro growth, this is the place. You may jump from function to function, from one business segment to other, or definitely you may go a step up the ladder.

ConsWork-life balance is a major thing to consider. You may be spending some extra hours or working from home during your vacation.

Standard of benefits have reduced over years. The health insurance that GE provides is totally messed up. You will end up paying almost everything out of your pocket with high deductibles.

Nice place

Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsOpen for every problems, manager is great. Opportunities exists.

ConsSalary a little bit low

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more H1B to recruit more talents

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good starting out company

Production (Current Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsGood place to gain experience. Use them as they use you. Learn all you can from GE and then take what you have learned elsewhere. Complex career paths. Expectations of you are high.

ConsGE won't try to keep your talents. They chew you up and spit you out. Often they under compensate you. Career paths undefined. Pay raises far between. Turnovers often and for no reason. Much competition among employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your young talent. Embrace them, challenge them, and most of all reward them!

Good company to work for

Sourcing Manager (Current Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsLots of career opportunities and room to grow

ConsSometimes little things are hard to accomplish due to bureaucracy

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on simplification

engineer

Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsYou can learn a lot about processes and systematic approach to doing stuff. If you are valued, opportunities exist for continuing education.

ConsThis is my opinion, others may think and feel differently and so what I am writing here may or may not be true for all. Excessive stress and pressure. Leaders and managers are mostly concerned with making themselves look good and if you are meeting your goals and numbers you are hot otherwise not. Highly bureaucratic. Executive management are so arrogant and behave as though they are the know-all and end-all. There is collaboration without camaraderie as if all the employees are programmed robots whose only goal in life is to perform the job at hand and nothing else matters. There is much more to life than just working 15 hours a day so you can keep your job. There are benefits such as a gym but just no time to use it. If you fall sick do not be surprised if you manager calls you at home just to find out when you will be back at work. HIghly political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain just my opinion expressed here which may or may not be true for all. Think about why so many employees quit voluntarily every year. If you are truly doing a great job as executives why does this happen? Clearly you think you are doing a great job but you are focused on one aspect and not on the employees. Learn to be humble. You yourself could lose your job some day so learn to be emphathetic towards employees.

Research

Research Intern (Former Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

Proswork with top scientists and learn a lot

Conshigh pressure and fierce competion

De-evolution from energizing growth engine to a shrinking bureaucracy

Waukesha, WI

ProsUsed to be a great growth company - as close to a true meritocracy as I've seen; a place where promotions were awarded those who performed while exhibiting clearly described company values. GE still obviously has significant resources to apply to product development and corporate improvements. Likely still a good place for recent grads to start their career - just stay under the radar and don't get deluded into thinking you'll retire here (unless the next round of senior leadership makes major directional and cultural shifts).

ConsWe used to actively fight against bureaucracy - yet now it seems we have a critical mass of these type "leaders" in control and it often feels like we're spiraling out of control. The communication disconnect between those who perform and those who supposedly lead has become a chasm - and appears to be widening. The "leaders" pay lip service to listening to employees - yet I get the feeling they are more corporate robots than human beings... and seem unable to actually listen and believe what people might want to escalate. The word dictator comes to mind when thinking of multiple senior leaders. Where we used to be a collaborative force building careers & closely integrated at several organizational levels... we've become individuals in JOBS doing what self proclaimed smart people condescendingly demand. Quite a shame. Open loop systems are doomed to spiral out of control.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn humility. You DO NOT know it all. Your people are the life blood of your success. Listen to them. No. Really listen to them. Check your ego and your ideas at the door. Actively listen, question, echo what you hear and ask if that's what people are concerned or excited about. Stop acting like you listen via silly surveys. Get out and talk with individuals. Be human. Once you've actually HEARD your people, then add your ideas and spin. Set a direction, then coach and guide rather than dictate. Stop the lip service about the importance of collaboration - unless you'd like to participate (or at least get out of the way).

Product Regulatory Associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsExcellent visibility, on the job training, exposure, responsibilities and flexibility. Great pay for an internship.

ConsThey appear to have a lot of layoffs at the end of every year. Quality and regulatory is seen in an adversarial role with other departments at times.

Edison Engineering Intern at GE Healthcare

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
    Waukesha, WI

ProsThere's ample opportunity to get involved in projects that span different imaging modalities, so for anyone interested in the medical device industry, interning at GE Healthcare is a no-brainer. GE also does a wonderful job of creating a sense of community among the summer interns.

ConsGE is of course a very large company, so it operates under a very traditional engineering etiquette. You shouldn't go to GE thinking you'll experience the same work environment or culture as smaller tech companies or startups.

Worked for GE Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

GE Healthcare Videos

GE Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Be a part of something bigger than yourself. GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GE Healthcare reviews and ratings in Waukesha, WI — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GE Healthcare CEO John Dineen. All 92 reviews posted anonymously by GE Healthcare employees.