GE Oil & Gas

www.geoilandgas.com

GE Oil & Gas Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Lorenzo Simonelli

Pros
  • Good experience in terms of career development(in 6 reviews)

• Great place to learn people skills(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Management doesn't listen, no growth, and work life balance is non-existant(in 5 reviews)

• politics, inexperienced mangers, long hours, penny pinching, short term views, more concerned about the share price than anything else(in 3 reviews)

Great company to work for. Enviroment was friendly and laidback.

EID Intern (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGE is really great about hiring women engineers. Most women engineers I have ever seen at a company. Friendly coworkers many in their early to mid 20s. GE Oil and Gas also offers great rotational training programs that many other oil and gas companies do not provide.

ConsNew company in Oklahoma City still working out somethings since they are so new. Some training programs require relocation.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagment was very friendly and welcoming. Coperate managers could be more organized a provide interns or new hires with more information regarding thier work timelines and expectations.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is nice to see the efforts we are making are recognized. We appreciate the pros and cons that Glassdoor has for us and look to always improve for the future ... More

Great growth opportunities available for those who are adaptable to change.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGE is frequently recreating itself. Employees are encouraged to take risks and continue moving forward. Other benefits include Company values, professional development opportunities, global diversity, cross business technologies and a flexible schedule.

ConsFrequent change. It is important to be adaptable and flexible. That can be a pro or con for some. GE is not a place to get "comfortable" but a place to challenge yourself.

Jul 22, 2014

We appreciate your response and review. You make some valid points about the way that GE operates today and we really appreciate that!

Still Learning to trust employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsI believe this segment of GE offers growth and opportunity. You can get out of this company what you are willing to put in. They have fitness incentives, decent salary, and tuition assistance. Plan to be here for many years.

ConsStill have trust issues with some of the shop personnel.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for your review. We value the information and feedback left on Glassdoor.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company

Wireline Operator (Current Employee) Midland, TX

Prosgreat work environment. family oriented. family is always first. benefits are ok. could be better.

Conslow salary. work life balance. long hrs.

Advice to Senior Managementswitch to hourly pay for operators. it would slow down the turnover rate.

Jul 22, 2014

We are always striving to be better at GE. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly include it in our thoughts and we continue look to improve.

Great Company, not a great team

Strategic Communications Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsStrong, reputable organization
    compensation
    leadership (above my department)
    opportunity for development for full time employees

Consdon't treat contractors with respect
    worked on a newly acquired organizations team and GE employees did not treat acquired companies team with decency and respect.
    communications manager did not invest in team's personal or professional growth

Advice to Senior ManagementObserve managers and rate them based on their team's successes, professional growth and of course failures, putting pressure on them to actually interact with and manage their team.

Jul 22, 2014

We appreciate your feedback. This is a great platform to see the transparency of the efforts we are doing good in and those that we need to improve on. Thank you for the feedback and know that it ... More

Great place to develop and gain experience, but is cut-throat

Lead Buyer (Former Employee) Deer Park, TX

ProsExcellent training opportunities, commitment to diverse workplace, good place to learn & develop, service style of leadership

ConsToo driven by data and not facts on the ground, beware of recent acquisitions (especially mgmt from legacy business), can handle older employees harshly, can be mean spirited if you choose to leave. If you ever have an issue that might give you a possible HR complaint, they'll trash you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet GE mgmt moved in quickly with companies that are being integrated. Treat ur older employees with more dignity, don't treat employees that leave like they're traitors. People matter, treat employees better.

Jul 22, 2014

We always look to improve and we do want to treat our employees with respect. Our employees are THE best part of our company. Thank you for your feedback as it is great to see such transparent ... More

“Good company to work for.”

QA/QC Technician (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGE Oil & GAS employment has been a very good to me. Management and Coworkers are very Friendly & supportive . Benefits and compensation are at the top of the industry. Good training programs for career development.

ConsI can't think of any Cons at this time.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review. It helps to have transparent reviews and feedback to always make GE better. Thanks!

The Best Opportunity Ever!!

Electrical and Controls Inspector (Current Employee) Schertz, TX

ProsOpportunity, Growth, Professionalism, it love my job!!

ConsWe are a start up so it is challenging to get going but watch out!!! We are going to win!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank You for encouraging me to keep going!

Jul 22, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to always improve. Thank you again for leaving this review!

GE oil and ga

Epims Administrative (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosvery supportive supervisor and friendly staff

Consnot a flexible schedule and not wanting to hire permanent

Advice to Senior Managementstop the freeze

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry for the non-positive experience you are having. GE is always hiring and GE Oil & Gas are currently hiring. You can visit our website to see the current open ... More

ok

Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) Avon, MA

ProsTraining, people, travel, community participation

ConsComplexity of the organization and hierarchy.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We work hard to try to make GE non-complicated however with as large of company as it is this is always going to be part of our efforts. We appreciate your review and ... More

Worked for GE Oil & Gas? Contribute to the Community!