GE

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.6 2,371 reviews

GE Chairman & CEO Jeffrey R. Immelt

Jeffrey R. Immelt

Pros
  • Provides ample opportunity for growth in career , work -life balance is encouraged(in 123 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities to advance if you're willing to move around a lot(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Also most of the people i know who work here don't have much work life balance(in 132 reviews)

• Can be long hours but if you are good at planning your day, you will be more than fine(in 76 reviews)

2,371 Employee Reviews

Assist Clients & Cardholders with resolving their fraud inquiries. Handle a high volume of phone calls where their accou

Senior Fraud Representative (Former Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsGE is a very good and strong company, I enjoyed working for GE and learned a lot.

ConsGE has a lot of very good perks and promotions. Very strong office culture

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should always be hands on,

Great people, enjoyable job, awesome benefits

Vendor Manager (Current Employee) Dayton, NV

ProsGood opportunity for mobility across business units (global).Talented people. Good company infrastructure. Great benefits. Free parking. Opportunity for bonuses.

ConsHeavy workloads. Incoming work 24/7.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake effort to instill fun back in workplace. Ease up on Six Sigma project requirements.

GE Experience in a nutshell

ProsFlexible work environment and compensation

ConsWorkload is brutal due to reduction of resources

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big Company, Big Opportunities, Easy to get lost

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsCompany is large, but don't let that discourage you from applying. Knowing someone internally will always help move your resume upward on the stack. People within GE rely heavily on connections (internally and externally).

ConsCan't really think of any. The company does a good job of keeping everyone informed and aware of company goals and accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on the end goal of leaving the Capital/Money business and moving more into the infrastructure, technologies industries. At it's core, GE is really a software company backing the many products that it develops (trains, airplane engines, gas turbines, etc.).

GE

ProsTechnology is interesting and varied.

ConsLack of competent technical leadership.

Procurement

ProsGreat company and great people. Lots of career development opportunities. Make sure to develop your network.

ConsI can't think of any.

Lots of opportunity

Project Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsDifferent industries, lots to do, job can be as exciting as you want it to be

ConsLots of overhead and BS

Continuously Challenging

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Belleville, MI

ProsLots of opportunity for exposure to the cutting edge technology. Full ownership of program or projects.

ConsBecause of the enormity of the organization, it is sometimes difficult to implement major changes and improvements in processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for promotions may be somewhat limited.

Working at GE

ITLP (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat work culture
    Enjoyed my project
    Great people
    The training really helped

ConsPay was a bit on the low side for my qualifications.
    The location options were fairly limited for my business.
    The relocation package was a bit on the low end.

Good experience

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGreat brand and reputation. Excellent training programs. High quality people throughout the organization. Even if GE is not for you long-term, it's a great stepping stone to other opportunities.

ConsBureaucracy, which would be virtually unavoidable in a company of this size. GE handles it pretty well though, all things considered.

Advice to Senior ManagementJunior employees are eager to make a meaningful contribution and would benefit from more opportunities to do so.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!