GE

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.6 2,377 reviews

GE Chairman & CEO Jeffrey R. Immelt

Jeffrey R. Immelt

Pros
  • Provides ample opportunity for growth in career , work -life balance is encouraged(in 123 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities to advance if you're willing to move around a lot(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Also most of the people i know who work here don't have much work life balance(in 132 reviews)

• Can be long hours but if you are good at planning your day, you will be more than fine(in 76 reviews)

2,377 Employee Reviews

Assist Clients & Cardholders with resolving their fraud inquiries. Handle a high volume of phone calls where their accou

Senior Fraud Representative (Former Employee) Kettering, OH

ProsGE is a very good and strong company, I enjoyed working for GE and learned a lot.

ConsGE has a lot of very good perks and promotions. Very strong office culture

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should always be hands on,

Jul 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. We value information like this to always strive to make GE better. Thank you!

Great people, enjoyable job, awesome benefits

Vendor Manager (Current Employee) Dayton, NV

ProsGood opportunity for mobility across business units (global).Talented people. Good company infrastructure. Great benefits. Free parking. Opportunity for bonuses.

ConsHeavy workloads. Incoming work 24/7.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake effort to instill fun back in workplace. Ease up on Six Sigma project requirements.

Jul 26, 2014

Thank you for your response. We value this information to make GE even better! We will continue to work on our workload (especially since we are global and 24/7 is likely). We appreciate your ... More

Excellent

Logistics (Current Employee)

ProsGood flexible environment; Perks, and benefits,
    Most management is great; open about budgets and project longevity.
    Endless ability to train and grow.

ConsInterns and Contract hires don't see a dime; overworked, and are also given alot less privileges.
     yet the company literally throws money at staffing agencies; this is a SERIOUSLY vulgar trend among larger companies. I know people working for GE through Staffing agency for 10 years now; and never got even an offer for full time. ....compucom employees for example.
    same goes for insurance, 401 and benefit reductions. Although GE is BETTER than most companies.
    Just like many large companies there are higher ups that I don't understand why I can't get paid too much money to do nothing.
    as in many other companies the division management really determines your personal satisfaction with the company. and just like many other companies internal work gets passed around without accomplishment.

Advice to Senior Managementwould it really change if I wrote an opinion. That is the best advice. personal growth; but when your 'upper' in title do you really care what 'unders' think?

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big Company, Big Opportunities, Easy to get lost

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsCompany is large, but don't let that discourage you from applying. Knowing someone internally will always help move your resume upward on the stack. People within GE rely heavily on connections (internally and externally).

ConsCan't really think of any. The company does a good job of keeping everyone informed and aware of company goals and accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on the end goal of leaving the Capital/Money business and moving more into the infrastructure, technologies industries. At it's core, GE is really a software company backing the many products that it develops (trains, airplane engines, gas turbines, etc.).

Jul 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. Very sound advice! We value this platform to show transparent feedback and help us to always improve.

GE Experience in a nutshell

ProsFlexible work environment and compensation

ConsWorkload is brutal due to reduction of resources

Jul 26, 2014

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate feedback such as this to see exactly how our employees (current and past) feel and to hopefully improve the company for the future. Thanks!

GE

ProsTechnology is interesting and varied.

ConsLack of competent technical leadership.

Jul 26, 2014

We appreciate your review.

Procurement

ProsGreat company and great people. Lots of career development opportunities. Make sure to develop your network.

ConsI can't think of any.

Jul 26, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. GE values our employees and always continues to develop people. We appreciate your response.

Lots of opportunity

Project Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsDifferent industries, lots to do, job can be as exciting as you want it to be

ConsLots of overhead and BS

Jul 26, 2014

We appreciate your review. Working at GE does present many diverse opportunities. We value the feedback.

Continuously Challenging

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Belleville, MI

ProsLots of opportunity for exposure to the cutting edge technology. Full ownership of program or projects.

ConsBecause of the enormity of the organization, it is sometimes difficult to implement major changes and improvements in processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for promotions may be somewhat limited.

Jul 26, 2014

We appreciate your review. We always strive to make GE better. We know that being a big company we need to encourage communication like this to provide a transparent platform to gain feedback ... More

Good experience

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGreat brand and reputation. Excellent training programs. High quality people throughout the organization. Even if GE is not for you long-term, it's a great stepping stone to other opportunities.

ConsBureaucracy, which would be virtually unavoidable in a company of this size. GE handles it pretty well though, all things considered.

Advice to Senior ManagementJunior employees are eager to make a meaningful contribution and would benefit from more opportunities to do so.

Jul 26, 2014

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!