GE

Updated Jul 30, 2014

3.6 2,384 reviews

GE Chairman & CEO Jeffrey R. Immelt

Jeffrey R. Immelt

Pros
  • Provides ample opportunity for growth in career , work -life balance is encouraged (in 123 reviews)

• Lots of opportunities to advance if you're willing to move around a lot (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Also most of the people i know who work here don't have much work life balance (in 132 reviews)

• Can be long hours but if you are good at planning your day, you will be more than fine (in 76 reviews)

More Highlights
2,384 Employee Reviews

Lots of opportunity

Project Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, SC

ProsDifferent industries, lots to do, job can be as exciting as you want it to be

ConsLots of overhead and BS

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

We appreciate your review. Working at GE does present many diverse opportunities. We value the feedback.

Continuously Challenging

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Belleville, MI

ProsLots of opportunity for exposure to the cutting edge technology. Full ownership of program or projects.

ConsBecause of the enormity of the organization, it is sometimes difficult to implement major changes and improvements in processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpportunities for promotions may be somewhat limited.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

We appreciate your review. We always strive to make GE better. We know that being a big company we need to encourage communication like this to provide a transparent platform to gain feedback ... More

Working at GE

ITLP (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat work culture
    Enjoyed my project
    Great people
    The training really helped

ConsPay was a bit on the low side for my qualifications.
    The location options were fairly limited for my business.
    The relocation package was a bit on the low end.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

We appreciate your response and review. We value this information to make GE a better place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

ProsGreat brand and reputation. Excellent training programs. High quality people throughout the organization. Even if GE is not for you long-term, it's a great stepping stone to other opportunities.

ConsBureaucracy, which would be virtually unavoidable in a company of this size. GE handles it pretty well though, all things considered.

Advice to Senior ManagementJunior employees are eager to make a meaningful contribution and would benefit from more opportunities to do so.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you so much for your review. Very sound advice! We value this platform to show transparent feedback and help us to always improve.

ITLP at GE

Prosexposure to leadership, training, good pay

Consbig company so there is a lot of bureaucracy, locations could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen hiring/interviewing, let prospective candidates know about the work locations that they'll likely work in and where most of the jobs will be off-program. Some assignment leaders are better than others and having a good assignment leader makes all the difference if a rotation ends up being a good one or not. The screening process to make sure assignment leaders are good enough should be more rigorous.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review and advice. This platform really helps us to have transparent feedback to review and make adjustments to always get better. Thank you!

Great Place to work

Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) Schenectady, NY

ProsInnovation starts right at GE. Pay is great. Demographically equal.

ConsBuzz words get old. Use of acronyms is crazy at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for the review. I could not agree more about the acronyms! That comment made me smile. We always have room for improvement and platforms like this will help us make great efforts forward ... More

Unbelievable Internship Experience

HRLP Intern (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsEnormous amounts of responsibility and extremely challenging projects, but you are also given the support to succeed. Company is filled with tons of brilliant leaders, you never feel like leaders don't deserve their spots. Surprisingly not very political, it's a great culture where everyone is extremely driven, while also being nice and helpful. I could not ask for a better learning experience or place to begin my career.

ConsWorking in such a matrix heavy environment can be tough. Work-life balance isn't the best.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the simplification efforts, they are working!

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your feedback and specifically the advice to management... it is nice to know they are working... always room for improvement but we are trying. Thank you for the review.

A character building experience.

Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) Salisbury, NC

ProsGreat pay and excellent benefits

ConsThe outsourcing of jobs in the american job market.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We always strive to improve GE.

Potential for Extra-Ordinary growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Ramon, CA

ProsI have been working at GE in San Ramon for over a year and have witnessed unprecedented growth. While most of the product work is in the build phase, one can see the imminent monetization phase materializing pretty soon. It will the place the company in an unimaginable growth trajectory. You would want to be a part of this explosion - work on state of the art technology, solve problems at an amazing scale and get rewarded. Great benefits to go with it

ConsNo upside for the employee in growth

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should follow the west coast trend and allow employees who contribute to this growth, benefit from it - introduce RSUs.

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the advice to management as well. This is a great platform for us to know how we need to improve and what we are doing right. Thank you!

well organised and structured

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

Prosgood learning at every steps

ConsI am contractor not a full time

Jul 26, 2014Recruitment Marketing Leader

Thank you for your review. We value platforms like this where we can have transparent feedback to improve GE event more.

Worked for GE? Contribute to the Community!