GE Transportation

www.getransportation.com

GE Transportation Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

GE Transportation Senior Vice President and President and Chief Executive Officer Russell T. Stokes

Russell T. Stokes

Pros
  • work-life balance, very flexible, competitive salaries (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, supportive, lots of activities for the interns, everybody is eager to help out (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Too much work load & work pressure , Need to struggle to have work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Long hours where no matter what you put in isn't enough (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to Work!

EHS (Former Employee) Warrensburg, MO

ProsGreat work environment! Safety is a stop priority!

ConsI have no cons for this company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Excellent Opportunity for Internships

Signal Engineer/Coop (Former Employee)

ProsGE Transportation offers a great work environment. The people are friendly and make a great team. They had a good mentorship program which had you reporting to a single engineer to learn and obtain work projects that could easily build up your skills. The life-work balance was excellent..

ConsSome of the tasks could become repetitive and you could get yourself pigeon-holed into only doing a certain type of task if you don't actively seek out new challenges and responsibilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better training/indoc process and materials.

Enormous business

ProsGood technical experience, amiable management

ConsLittle opportunity for advancement, very little external hiring, massive business with poor individual visibility or impact

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start your career

Edison Engineering Development Program (Current Employee) Erie, PA

Pros-Great salary for entry engineer
    -Great exposure to many fields of engineering/business. The locomotive product has so many integrates several different fields of engineering from structures to combustion to controls to circuit design.
    -Exposure to projects that really "matter"- Many of your assignments have a high impact on the business.You wont be wasting time on small time projects. Anything assigned to you is likely a very involved / crucial project.

Cons-Work life balance can be really bad depending on the area you work in - they are very understaffed but refuse to hire more engineers to compensate, and end up working people weekends/very long hours to execute deliverables.
    -Upper management is very far removed from common sense - they are all seek the lowest common denominator to get the profit, even if that means cutting corners everywhere else
    -Workplace environment is really poor. Several buildings are very old with no new renovations. Parking lots are often dirt (or mud), pavement is old (except for the executive parking lot of course), buildings lack any sort of temperature control, facilities are just generally dim and antiquated.

It's OK

Intern (Current Employee) Erie, PA

ProsPaid for volunteer time, Good name to back you, casual dress code, first name basis

ConsHUGE Co., workflow takes forever, can't know everyone, large division between salary vs. hourly

Average, definitely not great

ProsInteresting Product, good location, good people

ConsHypocrisy, Bureaucracy and Ignorance prevail.

Challenging work environment

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Grove City, PA

ProsGE transportation is really a great place to work. It is a challenging work environment, which leads to growth.

ConsAt times my job can be very demanding and stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think there needs to be more communication.

Excellent Management School

ProsExcellent Management practice. Sky is the limit. Easy to grow and move around.

ConsToo bogged down with metrics and reviews. Some managers lose the sight of goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomer focus

Very nice co-workers and a relatively relaxed work enviroment

Signal Engineer (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGreat management, the project managers give you adequate time to work on projects.

You can choose what time you want to come in and leave for the most part as long as you work at least eight hours a day.

You get your own office.

Opportunities for managerial and lean training are available.

ConsRelatively low pay compared to other companies.

Raises are not a lot and do not happened very frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo real advice to management, they were great, the only advice would to be maybe make the salaries slightly more competitive.

Great Employee and Employment

Plan Management (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe best reason to work for G E Transportation is the people and I enjoyed the my job task.

ConsThere were no cons working for G E.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for management.

Worked for GE Transportation? Contribute to the Community!