GEA Process Engineering

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Anders Wilhjelm

A fun job for engineering work

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsState of the art technology. and world class leadership. Very competitive salary that is comparable to what the Federal Government pays. Most engineers make an equivalent GS-13-14 salary. Four floating holidays and work-at-home options exist.

ConsThe location is not in the safest neighborhood, More cash incentives for top sales performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove the offices to upscale places like Clarkville or Rockville.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

If you want to be treated like a valued employee, look elsewhere.

Administration (Current Employee)

Pros- Great healthcare package (best I've ever seen) extremely affordable for anyone
    - Many/Most employees get a free company iPhone
    - Company laptop you can use at home
    - Most employees have their own office

Cons-Lack of clarity on the job description/interview. They don't provide a clear picture of what the job is and make you do things completely out of scope of the job description

-Incompetent managers. Many have been with the company for a long time and that is how they got promoted, not because they actually have the proper skill set.

-People in general don't seem to like it here. During lunchtime, people can be heard loudly gossiping about managers and other employees.

-If you are not in Sales, I feel bad for you- other departments particularity HR don't get the respect they need and deserve. The turnover for HR is extremely high. The focus is on Sales, Sales, Sales. If you are not looking to be a sales person or engineer I do not recommend working here.

-Trying to unite the entire GEA Group (international company with many business units) is tiring and compliance work can be frustrating.

A Job placement company, which I will not name, decided to stop working with GEA because they had so many dissatisfied people. Even temps who are here for 1-2 months do not like it here and don't feel like they are treated as a valued employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave competent managers who have proven they have the skills to do the job. Don't like promote people due to seniority. Treat other departments, I.E. HR, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Marketing, Administrative better. Just because they are not sales people or engineers doesn't mean they aren't important.

Conservative engineering firm that contains a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsVery stable and predictable working environment.

ConsDifficult to correspond and remain on same page with international colleagues.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemonstrate more foresight. Invest into company infrastructure and facilities to improve staff morale.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Communication issues are prevalent. Nothing extraordinary.

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsProcess engineering exposure in the fields of liquid processing, crystallization, food and dairy, and spray drying technologies for chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
    Free coffee, free water.
    $20 movie tickets on your birthday.

ConsMid to high turn over (regardless of seniority).
    Instability in the HR department.
    Little or not training. Professional development.is highly discouraged.
    Salaries are below avg.
    No sense or feeling of stability.
    Very few people are open to share ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementMission and vision should be pursued actively in a top-down scheme. Managers should promote a more pleasant work environment to allow employee satisfaction and more productivity.

Worked for GEA Process Engineering? Contribute to the Community!