GEICO

GEICO Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

GEICO Chairman and CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely

Olza (Tony) Nicely

Pros
  • The benefits are very good with the best thing being the profit sharing(in 179 reviews)

• Great benefits that start on day 75 (medical/dental/vision/life)(in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • Outdated claims systems and equipment, only reasoning that is given is "low cost provider"(in 23 reviews)

• Had a long commute to the city where the call center was located(in 47 reviews)

its okay,

Prosprofit sharing is a good part

Constoo much work, no family life

It was not for me but maybe you'll like it

TA2 Claims Adjuster (Former Employee)

Pros-Off on the weekends (if you're a claims adjuster)
    -Great pay
    -Fast advancement

Cons-Too much work and not enough time btw 8-4:30 to get it done
    -Training did not prepare you for the actual job
    -High call volume
    -Too many changes
    -Everybody has a different answer for a question that should have one answer
    -No help if you get too far behind
    -Taking off of work increases you work load tremendously when you return

Advice to Senior Management-Better training program
    -More help for newer adjusters to help stay caught up
    -Be more consistent with the way things are handled concerning policies and procedures instead of doing things one way for one person and then another for the next

If you have no prior INS knowledge...It's possibly a good fit for you.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Macon, GA

ProsPay, Perks, benefits,Location, personal growth for the right candidate, paid training and license, no prior experience needed

ConsMicro Management, Cubical Setting ( I couldn't breath... lol), Basic Training, Breaks, High school environment, Coaching/training

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease always remember people come from all walks of life. People learn different and have different perspectives. I'm generally a very optimistic person, but this position took the frosting right off the cake. I should have actually paid attention to all the red flags. I guess basic training is "basic" after all. Do better with training, then you'll possibly get better results out of your new hires once on the floor. These entry level jobs are good for those who are straight out of HS or maybe even college depending on experience. Please be aware that a lot of people are actually educated. I came to the company with prior insurance knowledge/license, which I think made it difficult for me. Overall, good for entry level or first time job seekers w/ no insurance knowledge. Update training quality, trainers and training materials. P.S job seekers, pls get as much info out of your trainers/managers/coaches as possible. I felt as though my training and coaching was a little half way when it came to the Geico way:/ I had a lot of red flags...Constantly hiring for a reason.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stable and nice people, but the lack of flexibility is stifling

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsVery stable, profit sharing is excellent. Good sense of comraderie between employees. Good pay for entry level employees. Lots of enthusiasm for GEICO as a company.

ConsA lot of work assigned, with overtime expected but uncompensated. Lots of micromanaging, and management is resistant even to changes that are clearly needed. Lots of inefficient processes. Very stingy with vacation and sick time, and seems to try to nickel and dime employees for every little thing.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat culture and great management

ConsTraining was long and hard

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation

Not what i thought it would be

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Woodbury, NY

Prospay is okay to start

Consnot as easy as they say to move up, very isolating and number focused

Advice to Senior Managementget on the same page about how to do things

The best customer service I have ever had.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

Prosthey did what was right for me.

ConsThere was no cons for Geico

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Awesome!!!!

Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsThis company has great benefits, great atmosphere, great people, and appreciates their employees

ConsIt can be a very stressful job working with the customers, but if you can balance that you would be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen making changes to procedure give staff a little more time to learn and acclimate.

Best company

Auto Damage Field Adjuster (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsEmployees treated very well. Great benefits.

ConsLong hours, but good things come to those who show up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Growing.....

ProsGreat peer groups. Lots of opportunity to advance career.

ConsGrowing pains. Once staffing is to normal levels, all will be good.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!