GEICO

GEICO Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 10, 2014

GEICO Chairman and CEO Olza (Tony) Nicely

Olza (Tony) Nicely

Pros
  • The benefits are very good with the best thing being the profit sharing(in 180 reviews)

• Great benefits that start on day 75 (medical/dental/vision/life)(in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • Outdated claims systems and equipment, only reasoning that is given is "low cost provider"(in 23 reviews)

• Had a long commute to the city where the call center was located(in 47 reviews)

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Overall good

GEICO Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsBenefits, good opps to move upwards

Consvery micromanaged, you are attached to your phone all day

Advice to Senior ManagementLet up some- bring some employee-focus back in

Learned a lot

Continuing Unit Examiner (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Benefits
    Emphasize training
    Licensing department to oversee and renew your licenses

ConsNumbers are better than quality files. Clicking an offer accepted button makes a file unsatisfactory although the remainder of the file is excellent. Most of the horrible management in claims is gone. Region V is out of control and they micro manage you during the day and when and how you take your sick time. Don't have a sick kid or family member. It will go against your dependability rating because it was an unplanned absence.

The best place to work at

Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsWork with you with your schedule. Great pay and benefits. They provide all the recourses to preform your job.

Conslack of communications between sections.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some to spend with the employees under management to get a feel of what is going on with each section.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MDP Claims

MDP Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsExcellent training program, great mentor system, promotion opportunities are always there, unique atmosphere, management always there to help when needed.

ConsParking is a huge issue with the current lot being overwhelmed and the company growing at an accelerated pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep what you're doing, geico is on it's way to being #1

Hard work, with no freebees

Auto Damage Adjuster (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood pay, with great benifits

ConsYou will work extremely hard for what you make, and there is a very low tolerance for sick days.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advise to give either way

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great company to work for!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCompetitive pay and bonus structure. I have been with company just over a year and have already had 2 base salary increases. Bonus is atainable and I have consistantly obtained it if willing to put in the work. Great co-workers! Ability to move up in company.

ConsCan get repetative going through quoting process. When originally hired shift made for difficult work life balance. However, shift bids happen frequently so was able to changed to better hours. If you have a bad sales month can sometimes take some time to get back into the swing of it with current call gating system especially in slow sales months.

Sexual harassment at it's best

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pay is good but.... the cons out weight that.

ConsYou have to be one of the many male managers favorites. You also have to put up with the open flirtations. The men openly chase women and if YOU are not one they choose to chase YOU are placed on the back burner during training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a good look at who you place in charge of training your new hires.

Fast paced

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsProfit sharing, quick advancement once training is competed. Performance based raises and promotions.

ConsFeedback is not always clear when turned down for promotions. If you already have degree you're still required to start entry level.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive clear feedback and expectations for promotions and raises.

Didn't even get past the phone pre-screen.

Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe pre-employment testing was fair and not too hard.

ConsIt was a fiasco trying to get scheduled for pre-employment testing. Even the day that I came for testing, they had me scheduled for the FOLLOWING WEEK!!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider college grads even if they want "entry" level jobs in the Claims call center. They will run circles around only high school grads simply with life experience.

Work hard and GEICO is a great company to be at!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsSalaries. Growth opportunities. Employee support and training. Good employee moral overall.

ConsCan be stressful. Industry with a lot of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Worked for GEICO? Contribute to the Community!