GEICO Reviews

1. Unrealistic expectations, above average pay and benefits

Current Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster
    Current Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

Profit sharing, great training programs

Cons

No work / life balance. Overtime not offered for exempt employees

Positive feedback would be appreciated.

Pay is what made the job worth keeping. Not a bad company to work for, but very stressful meeting numbers and goals.

Former Employee - Insurance Service Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Insurance Service Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at GEICO

Pros

Pay, hours, length of lunch break, and youthful environment with the ability to grow.

Cons

Unrealistic dependability, nothing stays the same. Changes are frequent. Difficult meeting some goals, conflicting information and being micromanaged 24/7.

Be more approachable, be more understanding with dependability and be consistent.

Good pay, good benefits, provides all tools necessary for success.

Current Employee - Insurance Service Agent in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Insurance Service Agent in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They start you off at a good amount and help you select a benefits package right from the first day. They cover all expenses to help you get your licenses in your state for insurance, and even pay for all your on the job training. They are with you every step of the way.

Cons

The dependability requirements require you to be healthy and at work essentially all year with only a couple days worth of bumps in between. And once you get past that percentage, it limits all chances of moving departments, or even getting promoted.

When it comes to your employees that work 12hr days, you should give them either a longer lunch or an additional break to help offset the time. It is very difficult to maintain morale when our breaks are limited to the exact same time frames as 9-5 employees...

5. Geico is an amazing company to work for, Definitely a company that you can move up in.

Current Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - GEICO Sales Representative in Carmel, IN

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

The hours are great, pay, management, really laid back environment

Cons

Job could be stressful at times

Management is perfect.

6. Going on 3 years of service ...

Current Employee - Csr1 in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Csr1 in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

Very competitive pay. Oppurtunities to move up and around the departments. Great associate support with coworkers. Great to start to potential career with training.

Cons

Detachment of caring from staff, between weather ... sickness.. or emergency it does not matter its all about numbers and your just one of them. Difficult to get a breaks and lunches. "Open Door Policy" is one of the best lies sold. They only half way listen and nothing changes. Procedure change gee Co Stanton and typically counter product to workers, sounds good to management though... HIGH TURNOVER.

Logically implement change gee for the good of the people actually on the phones. Listen and care to what your employees say...little humanity goes along way for keeping dedicated employees.

Pretty intense and the company is very focus on the number.

Current Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Auto Damage Adjuster in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

It's a fun job. Some time (if you are lucky) you have pretty good down time to take your break with. When you get nice customers that understanding you just there to do a job. Everything seems to be smooth.

There are very few works that an adjuster can bring home so you have a pretty clean cut of work/life balance.

Cons

Your supervisor will be nice to you if your number is good. But they will turn to an asshat when your numbers not measure up with other co workers. The numbers came from HQ which I think just a bunch of monkeys that beating a type writer to come up with those numbers. If a customer get into a hard hitting accident, my estimate will be high. If customer got a small bumper job, my estimate will be low. How is an adjuster suppose to control the claim cost? Per Geico's premium policy, we are already using the cheapest way of repair (all after market parts, repair as much as possible over replace, patching up the bumpers instead replace since they serve no protection purpose...etc.)

There is no control of how many claims we would deal in a day. It's just a wide open flood gate.

Can you stop moving us? Los Angeles is a huge place. I could of work at a location that's 5 min away from my home instead of 2 hours in LA traffic with my personal car. The person that work in the location which is 5 min away from my home has to come from other side of LA driving 1.5 hours. The only way of us to control the claim cost is to ask shop to help us up with the labor hours. We can't do that to shops that we don't have a good relationship with.

Not much I can think of. I believe they are pushing but their upper managements as well. It's just poop roll down hills.

Try to have more adjusters in this region. There are no back up what so ever. If I take a sick day, I'll just have to work twice as hard the next day to handle my customers.

LOW PAY

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I started here out of college and its has been stable and provided for my family and I. The benefits are great and hours are normal.

Cons

No growth, low pay...Degrees are NOT valued here.

During snow and ice storms associates should not have to risk their lives to work and eat up all their vacation time.

9. Do your job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

I have been working at GEICO full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great; 401k, profit sharing, PTO, vacation days, paid sick days etc... GEICO is a great company to work for if you aren't afraid to ask for support and if you aren't getting it from your direct supervisor, don't be afraid to go higher or ask somebody else. Do your job and do what your paid for and if you hate what you are doing, post for a new position within the company once you are proficient in your current position. GEICO has been amazing in terms of training, coaching and career development you just can't be afraid to ask for help and network. It is an office so office politics apply, just make sure your numbers are good. I mean that is why you were hired right? To meet your metrics and do your job.

Cons

If you don't like being driven by numbers, GEICO may not be the place for you. There are goals you have to meet and if you don't meet them or improve, you lose the job. Self explanatory.

None, in my opinion I've had nothing but amazing supervisors and trainers.

10. Good place to grow

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

Money good, I enjoyed it there

Cons

longer breaks, better beginning training

Cool company, just really cheap.

Current Employee - Budget Analyst in Chevy Chase, MD
    Current Employee - Budget Analyst in Chevy Chase, MD

I have been working at GEICO

Pros

It is easy to switch to different departments. Profit sharing is great.

Cons

The pay is not very competitive, in my opinion, and factually. This insurance company has the lowest average salary compared to the other leading insurance companies.

Come up with a better system our policy for employees at the headquarters during bad weather instead of giving us the option to risk our lives, or risk receiving a penalty in dependability.