GENCO Distribution System

Be The First To
Add Photos

GENCO Distribution System Chairman and CEO Herb Shear

Herb Shear

Its a good starter company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood hours and most teammates are hard workers.

ConsMost general managers are clueless and only care about themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementDO SOMETHING!!!

Excellent internship opportunity and experience

Project Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsEveryone that I worked with was more then willing to help and answer and questions for me. I was given a leadership position and they really challenged me to make the best of the experience.

ConsThere is not a lot to say wrong. There were just many different projects going on so mine did not progress as fast as I would have liked.

I was a lead operator and it was a busy busy position. Glorified secretary.

Lead Operator (Current Employee) Mechanicsburg, PA

ProsThey pay well, and the people you work with are unforgettable.

ConsYou're at their whim. Mandatory overtime could include 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work

Warehouse Teammate (Former Employee) Ontario, CA

ProsNight management was great and very helpfull

ConsToo many youngsters and it felt like high school

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire people thar really want the job

Working for this company was like being in middle school with all the stupid rules.

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Bethlehem, PA

ProsThe people/team mates were the best. We helped each other every chance we had. Supervisor was a good guy but too much a puppet for upper management.

ConsNo chance for promotion unless you're a favorite. Managers are power mongers. Raises are small. They hire you for the job you applied for but stick you on a lower paying job instead. Overtime is announced very last minute and mandatory. Point system makes for no job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers that actually spent time working in the warehouse instead of college boys. Lighten up on the rules.

Great Employer and Opportunities - If you are willing to travel or relocate

Teammate Services (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsGreat organization and lots of opportunities - if you are a hard worker - and you are willing to relocate or travel alot. Salary and benefits were good.

ConsThere did seem to be a lot of internal politics and if someone liked you, you advanced. If they did not like you (you were not a yes-person) you were stalled.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to other voices - like Teammate Services - they do actually know what they are talking about with regards to staffing.

Working at genco

Prosco workers are great and the quality of talent in the management ranks is outstanding

Consculture is very negative. The basic management method is all stick and no carrot.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your people with more respect and be as loyal to them as you want them to be toward Genco.

GENCO Marketplace faltering?

Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe mother company GENCO is very generous to it's employees. Good benefits and great team moral building.

ConsGENCO Marketplace is completely fractured. What one department does goes against another department. There is no teamwork between upper management and the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior staff need to get on the same page across the sales, marketing and sourcing. Otherwise the business will not succeed.

Genco was a great place to work.

Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee)

ProsAt Genco we worked did third party logistics for Hershey and the CEO, President, and VIP's were all very present in our location, cared about the staff, To Quote Jim Polich*** If your not loving what your doing, you really shouldn't be here" and he meant that.

ConsEmployee politics, Upper management power trips.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet mor involved in the Operation and less involved in the party planning.

GENCO

Warehouse (Current Employee) Havelock, NC

ProsIt was a fun place to work. The people seemed happy. They tried to have team building situations, i.e. parties, activities, etc.

ConsIn retrospect, not sure that there were any cons. A couple bad eggs got promotions just to move them out of the job that they were currently failing in, but other than that, I have a positive look back at that position.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny company... more appreciation to the individuals that are putting forth effort.

Worked for GENCO Distribution System? Contribute to the Community!