GENEX Services

Updated February 20, 2015
Updated February 20, 2015
2.1

Peter C. Madeja

Pros
  • I also was able to work from home and manage my own time as needed to complete my work (in 16 reviews)

• Flexible hours, independence, work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Tedious, repetitive paperwork, and micromanagement have made the case managers miserable (in 16 reviews)

• Poor work life balance- many days you are on the road all day and you are up all night and weekends to keep up with billing and reports (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing company

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good leadership in managerial roles

Cons

billing guidelines are sometimes tedious

Feb 25, 2015Senior Product Marketing Manager

Thank you for your review and your kind words regarding our management team. We appreciate your dedicated service to the GENEX team!

Enjoy working from home!

Current Employee - Utilization Review in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Utilization Review in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Enjoy working from home with flexible hours. Management are easy to work with as long as your do your job. If you like challenges, this is the place for you. Fast working environment.

Cons

Poor health benefits. Like any other corporation, need to meet productivity goals.

Field Case Manager

Current Employee - FCM in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - FCM in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Report writing and due dates create a poor work life balance

None

Awful Company to be attached to

Former Employee - Senior Case Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Case Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GENEX Services

Pros

You can work from home, but the hours you have to work to make the billing minimums far outways any type of work/life balance

Cons

The billing expectations are unreasonable. Senior management does not care about the work/life balance of their employees, even long term employees. This is an awful and greedy company to work for.

Treat your staff better, since they are the ones making the money for your huge compensation packages. I am glad I left after 3 years. If you don't take care of staff, there will be a huge turnover of people, as soon as the economy improves to the point that people do not have to work here anymore.

Clerical Staff treated like second-class citizens

Former Employee - Documentation Specialist
    Former Employee - Documentation Specialist

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Management buys you lunch on end of the month
    - Some of the case managers are pretty awesome
    - Sometimes will let you work from home if there is inclement weather (hours after management leaves to "see if the roads are okay")
    - The work itself isn't too stressful and unless it is a threshold day you get to leave at 5:00
    - Accommodating to illness

Cons

- No overtime allowed, but clerical staff is forced to work late on threshold days without compensation...which is illegal
    - Management set unrealistic expectations
    - Very little training
    - Small or nonexistent pay raises
    - Cannot even bring in a lunch bag/box or tote bag, management thinks you might steal something (what, pens?)
    - Clerical staff always has to bend over backwards to do things for the Nurse Case Managers, things that they should be doing, and gets no appreciation for it
    - Very difficult to get in touch with HR or IT
    - Corporate only cares about money, not employee relations or morale
    - Staff constantly belittled in front of visitors and new case managers

Conduct exit interviews with departing employees and really listen. If you notice a trend of the entire branch leaving within a year except one person you might want to take note.

Big company with a big heart

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Established company that has a long history of serving the work comp field. Friendly co-workers, room for growth opportunities, work from home options, management gives you opportunities to expand your talents for the benefit of the company.

Cons

Though a good place to work, needs a little more work on building culture from top to bottom.

Keep trusting in your employees and allowing them to build on their talents. Work together to integrate new ideas and personalities to strengthen your culture.

Jan 30, 2015Senior Product Marketing Manager

Thank you for taking time to share your current job experience at GENEX. It's true, we DO have "friendly co-workers" and we're glad enjoy working here. We also agree that there's room for ... More

Good company but changing

Current Employee - Mid Manager in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Mid Manager in Wayne, PA

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive wages, flexible working environment and decent benefits

Cons

Continue pressure to grow in a shrinking and highly competitive market. New PE owners appear to be more active in company.

Look at the salaries of mid to lower level staff. They could use adjustment. Field operations could use a fresh new look. Practices have not kept up with changing market.

You are not the big cheese anymore....Upper management does know..they don't care

Former Employee - RN/Vocational Field Case Manager
    Former Employee - RN/Vocational Field Case Manager

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

work our of your house

Cons

bill for hours, keep unethical people doing case work in spite of adjuster and atty complaints because you don't want to lose hrs, sales people underselling contracts, terrible health insurance, same old same old when comes to raises.....endless hours doing unnecessary and not billable report information; awful turnover;

When GENEX bought Intracorp years ago, my boss said, who cares if anyone is not satisfied, they have no where to go....guess what...little businesses started to grow and this year my whole professional office left, with years and years of experience....I think it is going to affect bottom line this year...that means no raises to those who stay....one year we didn't get raises because the weather was bad...give us a break..oh then they bought a new company right after...

If you are an RN considering employment with GENEX Services, please believe the reviews and run....

I worked at GENEX Services

Pros

No pros that I can think of aside from a paycheck.....which isn't all that great. There are some that remain with this company who are good to work with. Very few. Believe me, working from home was not a luxury - this only opens the door to the management mentality that we could work 24/7.

Cons

This company caters to sales and marketing. If less was spent on "playing with customers" there would be sufficient monies available to pay the professional nurses who do all the work their worth to make this company run. Values and ethics do not exist in this company. The push for billing was in reality unbelievable. It is not sufficient to make 100% of billable hours. The expectation is 20% above that. I sincerely doubt that the head of this company knows what is occurring outside of his tower - its either that or he is a complete detached moron covering his own rear end. Management is crazy and clueless. It is amazing to me that upper management are not RN's who understand what it takes to do this job so to gear contracts in that direction. No, sales people are promoted to VP positions and routinely sell us for nothing just to get that contract. They understand very little about how we work or just don't care. So we end up working hours and hours on end (after working all day on the road). They simply don't care. My immediate supervisor was useless and only cared about the bottom line - not about how to get to the bottom line. She marched in lock-step with the rest of the culture of this miserable company. Threats of termination for not meeting billable hours are rampant. Bottom line this was the worst employment of my career.

Wake up. Be aware of the company culture that you have created Mr. CEO and how you treat your RN's. ....your reputation and business culture/ethics are well known to prospective employee's. Before long you will have nothing but sales people with no nurses to do the work. Well, I guess that you could send the sales or marketing people out to do RN field case management...huh?

Jan 30, 2015Senior Product Marketing Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback and advice. We certainly respect our dedicated nurse case managers. You are the heart of what we do. Helping us better understand your needs and keeping us "aware of ... More

Horrible

I worked at GENEX Services

Pros

Director was open and easy to talk to. Very caring and considerate

Cons

Technically challenged. The supervisors all need to retire. They have no clue how to treat people. They are clueless to work life personal balance unless it is their own.

Hire nurses to supervise nurses. URAC guidelines. Learn to Rx people like humans