GENEX Services

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014
1.8

Peter C. Madeja

Pros
  • work from home, travel to President's Club when they had it (in 12 reviews)

• There are no pros to this company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Tedious, repetitive paperwork, and micromanagement have made the case managers miserable (in 10 reviews)

• no work life balance- they suck the life right out of you, company caters to the sales team not the people who earn the money, company values are empty (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

I enjoyed working LTD files for this company and conducting file reviews, as well as meeting with providers and insureds

Former Employee - Dedicated Disability RN Case Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dedicated Disability RN Case Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at GENEX Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

During my first 3 1/2 years at Genex, I had the best supervisor who was the company's branch manager at that time. I did a lot of traveling throughout FL, as well as to locations in Maine, NY and TN to conduct file reviews. It was a fun place to work. I also was able to work from home and manage my own time as needed to complete my work.

Cons

After my supervisor left the company for her own issues of dissatisfaction, my position changed dramatically. My position as a dedicated case manager (for UnumProvident Insurance) for disability/LTD claims did not require documentation of billable hours; however, the new branch manager attempted to penalize me for not meeting billable hours during this period. HR was very helpful in straightening this out on my behalf.

An employee (EE) should be promoted based on time with the company, contributions to the team and qualifications/experience, whether directly or indirectly related to the position. EEs should receive substantial training to meet their needs to fulfill job duties. As for time-off policies, an EE should have the time accrued or will have the time accrued at time requested off. Major holidays should be alternated between employees and there should be appropriate coverage at all times.

Good job out of law school

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Good training with lots of hands on experience.

Cons

Lots of travel and limited bonus structure.

More cons, than pros

Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being able to work from home and have some control over your own schedule is the best benefit of this job

Cons

Benefits are expensive and leave a lot to be desired
    Micromanagement from supervisors requesting more billable hours on threshold days
    Billable hours is the bottom line and more and more is expected
    Threatening emails from the supervisors/managers on your billed time "gets old" quickly
    Poor training for field case managers consisting of riding around for a week with an experienced FCM and then you get your own case load
    Poor work life balance- many days you are on the road all day and you are up all night and weekends to keep up with billing and reports
    Computers system is lousy and slow

Pay attention to your employees and engage them in discussions to improve the culture and practices of this company, many would be willing to hang on and iron out the issues, if this continues I don't see a profitable future for this company

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Micromanaging

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Supportive office staff and local leadership.

Cons

Demanding timelines for required documentation is almost impossible to achieve. The bottom line is the dollar not the employees. The atmosphere is very negative and morale is low.

Respect your employees

The worst company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with in terms of employment.

Former Employee - Vocational Case Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Vocational Case Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at GENEX Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are absolutely no PROS. Do not believe anything that that they tell you!!! They lie!!! If they tell you that the sun is shining go outside and check!!

Cons

They ask you to double bill. They advise you to lie to the customers. Everything is about the billing!! Do unnecessary work in order to pad the bill. There are no promotions. There are no good benefits. The bonus structure has so many loopholes that it is rare to make a bonus and more than likely that they will take it away for not meeting their "goals."

If I were in management I would be looking for a job. I don't see this company lasting long!

The worst place that I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Vocational Case Consultant  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Vocational Case Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None to speak of. I am actively looking elsewhere for better employment opportunities. This company only cares about how much someone can bill to their unrealistic goals.

Cons

The company only worries about billing. There is no professional development opportunities. The health benefits are terrible and expensive. Greed runs rampant. I witness double and triple billing that is so unethical.

Start caring about the people that do all the work. Once the economy improves I believe many at this company will try and find other more meaningful work.

Money driven - people do not matter - Your life is sucked right out of you!

I worked at GENEX Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work from home, travel to President's Club when they had it

Cons

no work life balance- they suck the life right out of you, company caters to the sales team not the people who earn the money, company values are empty. Culture changed when they bought Intracorp.

Share the wealth.
    Get in touch with what is really going on.
    Clean house get rid of the old baggage middle management VP people who are not doing much anyway.

A challenge to work here

Current Employee - Field Case Manager
    Current Employee - Field Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible schedule, working from home, supportive co-workers

Cons

Limited PTO (13 days per year), expensive health care. Mainly, poor work-life balance. Unreasonable expectations regarding billing, reports, especially when you have to spend much of your time out in the field to meet the goals, let alone the bonus. Upper management totally out of touch with the drones in the field who are doing all of the work. Unrealistic goals in a state where care cannot be directed. Having to rewrite reports numerous times. Outdated laptops and cell phones; network that is slow and unreliable.

Most managers have not been in the field in many years and do not know or care what it means to spend 8 hours outside and another 3 hours doing tedious, meaningless paperwork.

Senior Management Is Terrible

I worked at GENEX Services full-time

Pros

Compensation; Flexibility; National Company; Largest in Industry

Cons

Senior Management; Work/Life Balance; Emphasis on Productivity; Billable Hours

Senior Management is the worst!!! They have no business being in management! They've been lucky to this point to have good people under them doing their job. Unworthy demotions of some and promotions to others led to serious decline of morale… Some in senior management have only a basic education and their philosophy on “getting the numbers” disregards people and the process behind those numbers. Instead, his philosophy is that, “if you squeeze a rock hard enough, you’ll get water”…

Not so good!

Former Employee - Administrative  in  Wayne, PA
    Former Employee - Administrative in Wayne, PA

I worked at GENEX Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility ability to work from home.

Cons

No bonus
    Horrible benefits and low pay
    Constant chatter from long term employees how horrible it is. Not sure why you stick around.
    Certain employees would come in late and take a 2 hr lunch.
    Old computer systems.

Pay your employees and listen when they complain. I see a lot of bad reviews here.

Worked for GENEX Services? Contribute to the Community!