GENEX Services

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter C. Madeja

Pros
  • Flexibility ability to work from home(in 11 reviews)

• Hard work/long hours is rewarded with a good bonus structure(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Tedious, repetitive paperwork, and micromanagement have made the case managers miserable(in 10 reviews)

• Evaluations based on billable hours(in 4 reviews)

Let them know they are the BEST!

Western Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsEASE IN NAVIGATING WITH CORPORATE PERSONNEL. Senior Management is the best you will find!

ConsnOt WELL KNOWN ENOUGH, customers need more history with GENEX, as they are a high quality& trusted organization....the BEST!

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvertise more, and hire me again!

The worst place that I have ever worked.

Vocational Case Consultant (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsNone to speak of. I am actively looking elsewhere for better employment opportunities. This company only cares about how much someone can bill to their unrealistic goals.

ConsThe company only worries about billing. There is no professional development opportunities. The health benefits are terrible and expensive. Greed runs rampant. I witness double and triple billing that is so unethical.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about the people that do all the work. Once the economy improves I believe many at this company will try and find other more meaningful work.

Money driven - people do not matter - Your life is sucked right out of you!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork from home, travel to President's Club when they had it

Consno work life balance- they suck the life right out of you, company caters to the sales team not the people who earn the money, company values are empty. Culture changed when they bought Intracorp.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth.
    Get in touch with what is really going on.
    Clean house get rid of the old baggage middle management VP people who are not doing much anyway.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst company I have ever had the misfortune of being associated with in terms of employment.

Vocational Case Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThere are absolutely no PROS. Do not believe anything that that they tell you!!! They lie!!! If they tell you that the sun is shining go outside and check!!

ConsThey ask you to double bill. They advise you to lie to the customers. Everything is about the billing!! Do unnecessary work in order to pad the bill. There are no promotions. There are no good benefits. The bonus structure has so many loopholes that it is rare to make a bonus and more than likely that they will take it away for not meeting their "goals."

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I were in management I would be looking for a job. I don't see this company lasting long!

Not so good!

Administrative (Former Employee) Wayne, PA

ProsFlexibility ability to work from home.

ConsNo bonus
    Horrible benefits and low pay
    Constant chatter from long term employees how horrible it is. Not sure why you stick around.
    Certain employees would come in late and take a 2 hr lunch.
    Old computer systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees and listen when they complain. I see a lot of bad reviews here.

A challenge to work here

Field Case Manager (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, working from home, supportive co-workers

ConsLimited PTO (13 days per year), expensive health care. Mainly, poor work-life balance. Unreasonable expectations regarding billing, reports, especially when you have to spend much of your time out in the field to meet the goals, let alone the bonus. Upper management totally out of touch with the drones in the field who are doing all of the work. Unrealistic goals in a state where care cannot be directed. Having to rewrite reports numerous times. Outdated laptops and cell phones; network that is slow and unreliable.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost managers have not been in the field in many years and do not know or care what it means to spend 8 hours outside and another 3 hours doing tedious, meaningless paperwork.

Senior Management Is Terrible

(Former Employee)

ProsCompensation; Flexibility; National Company; Largest in Industry

ConsSenior Management; Work/Life Balance; Emphasis on Productivity; Billable Hours

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management is the worst!!! They have no business being in management! They've been lucky to this point to have good people under them doing their job. Unworthy demotions of some and promotions to others led to serious decline of morale… Some in senior management have only a basic education and their philosophy on “getting the numbers” disregards people and the process behind those numbers. Instead, his philosophy is that, “if you squeeze a rock hard enough, you’ll get water”…

Field Case Manager

Field Case Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCandidly, I can think of very few PROS. Being in control of my own schedule is probably the greatest positive.

ConsThe poorest managed Company in this industry! In particular, the Senior Managers are about as far removed from the front lines as they can get! It is very much old fashioned top down management and they give new meaning to the "ivory tower" mentality!

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your front line staff as opposed to your bottom line! If your front line staff is engaged and happy, the bottom line will follow! Your front line staff is neither engaged nor happy!!

Changing Culture

ProsWork from home. Great team to work with

ConsWhen first hired in, I thought I would be able to retire from this company, as many staff members have been here for a long time. However, the culture has changed multiple times since being hired. Work long hours, no breaks, under appreciated and overworked. Corporate does not listen to staff doing work.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide incentives for a job well done, appreciate the staff and realize they all work very hard.

Sales and Management personnel reap all the benefits - while Case Managers and clerical staff do ALL OF THE WORK!

Field Case Manager (Former Employee)

ProsUnable to come up with any Pros.

ConsMinimal sub standard training done by management. Company values are all about Money ONLY and they do not care what they have to do, as far as how much they will push their employees, or how they treat their employees - demeaning e-mails -- never a thank you - only if you reached the monthly quota --- which requires each Case Manager to work at least 14 hours a day, nights and weekends to be able to bill the time, for what is considered acceptable. Oh yeah, if they haven't told you, you do all of the billing for all of the work you put in -- for each visit - or each phone call, each fax (usually cannot bill for most of these) - so you have to come up with things to bill for in order to obtain the required hours, so you don't get chewed out at the end of the month. Management tricks you by telling you that you will receive a good salary, but with the work load -- ends up being 14-16 hour days -- works out to be about 12.00 per hour. And don't get me started about the so-called Bonus system they have --- a total rip off system.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does NOT care - so no need in trying to give any advice.

Worked for GENEX Services? Contribute to the Community!