GENEX Services

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
1.9

Peter C. Madeja

Pros
  • I also was able to work from home and manage my own time as needed to complete my work (in 16 reviews)

• Flexible hours, independence, work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Tedious, repetitive paperwork, and micromanagement have made the case managers miserable (in 16 reviews)

• Poor work life balance- many days you are on the road all day and you are up all night and weekends to keep up with billing and reports (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It is ok.

Former Employee - Bill Review in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Bill Review in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My old Co-workers were fun..

Cons

Working from home would be a nice touch. As my time went on I noticed a lot of the rumors that other former employees had told me were coming true. It is a typical office environment. Most people don't really get excited to come into work.

Change the dress code. People who are in that employ do not feel as if there is a lot of advancement opportunities.

Medical Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Autonomy, flexibility, work from home, great leadership, ability to work independently with customers and patients to really make a difference!

Cons

Documentation is challenging (as it is with most RN jobs)

We need more positive feedback from corporate level.

Developer

I worked at GENEX Services

Pros

It was a terrible experience! Management was terrible!!

Cons

Run for your life!!! Not worth the stress!

Terrible leadership skills!!

Challenging work environment

Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, independence, work from home

Cons

Push for billing, not enough vacation time, long hours to meet goals.

Upper management has no idea what the "little people " are doing.

THEY FREELOAD OFF THECASE MANAGERS

Current Employee - Case Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None-- absolutely none they are God awful

Cons

they ERASE case managers hours to suit their customers-so they get free work from us- I mean 40-50 hours per week they rip us off continuously
    that hampers our ability to bonus
    they could care less about nurses
    and the worst part is allot of nurses just shut up and take it-but our group is talking to a lawyer about suing for labor law violations

go screw off

New Case Manager

Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Start pay is good for the first week or two.

Cons

Then suddenly the supervisors start piling on clients. Micromange every thing. Working 45-55 hours a week and getting paid for half that. No real training whatsover. Basically you teach yourself on your own time.

Pay your employees a fair wage for time worked.

The push for billing hours is unethical.

Former Employee - Field Case Manager in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Field Case Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Remote work, work itself is very satsifying as a nurse case manager.

Cons

Constant push for billing more hours (unnecessary letters, overuse of onsight appt staffing) and even hours amended by the manager after submission by the CM to maximize the billed time is inappropriate, at best. No orientation or education provided (4 hours to learn the computer was it).

CMs strive to make healthcare affordable and efficient but the bonus structure encourages overbilling, all while trying to minimize healthcare costs. The cost for CM care is also a factor for the WC companies and should also be used wisely.

Burned out

I worked at GENEX Services

Pros

Working remotely, personal reward of being a case manager, free CEU's, nice coworkers

Cons

Poor management model with primary focus of billing; lots of unnecessary micromanagement; poor benefit package (should not be labeled as competitive when advertised) - limited PTO (also difficulty using PTO as you are asked to be productive on your days off). High turnover of staff; limited room for progressional growth; no true educational support outside of CEU's. poor bonus structure with unrealistic expectations; extremely low morale; poor administrative support; antiquated slow case management system (you can tell by the way it's structured that they don't utilize the suggestions of staff on improvement)

Revamp your system you can catch way more bees with honey. At the very least pretend you care about your staff

I enjoyed working LTD files for this company and conducting file reviews, as well as meeting with providers and insureds

Former Employee - Dedicated Disability RN Case Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dedicated Disability RN Case Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

During my first 3 1/2 years at Genex, I had the best supervisor who was the company's branch manager at that time. I did a lot of traveling throughout FL, as well as to locations in Maine, NY and TN to conduct file reviews. It was a fun place to work. I also was able to work from home and manage my own time as needed to complete my work.

Cons

After my supervisor left the company for her own issues of dissatisfaction, my position changed dramatically. My position as a dedicated case manager (for UnumProvident Insurance) for disability/LTD claims did not require documentation of billable hours; however, the new branch manager attempted to penalize me for not meeting billable hours during this period. HR was very helpful in straightening this out on my behalf.

An employee (EE) should be promoted based on time with the company, contributions to the team and qualifications/experience, whether directly or indirectly related to the position. EEs should receive substantial training to meet their needs to fulfill job duties. As for time-off policies, an EE should have the time accrued or will have the time accrued at time requested off. Major holidays should be alternated between employees and there should be appropriate coverage at all times.

threw in the towel

Former Employee - FCM
    Former Employee - FCM

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

none that come to mind

Cons

pressure to bill. High case loads. Micromanagement. Sales people and admin staff are valued more than the nurses. Sales people agree to "deals" for customers that make it impossible for nurses to perform case management.

learn from the lawsuit, and from all of the experiences nurses who are leaving the company. Stop all of the unpaid overtime. Treat the nurses with respect. Stop the micromanagement