GENEX Services

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
2.0

Peter C. Madeja

Pros
  • I also was able to work from home and manage my own time as needed to complete my work (in 16 reviews)

• Flexible hours, independence, work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Tedious, repetitive paperwork, and micromanagement have made the case managers miserable (in 15 reviews)

• Poor work life balance- many days you are on the road all day and you are up all night and weekends to keep up with billing and reports (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Medical Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Autonomy, flexibility, work from home, great leadership, ability to work independently with customers and patients to really make a difference!

Cons

Documentation is challenging (as it is with most RN jobs)

We need more positive feedback from corporate level.

Challenging work environment

Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, independence, work from home

Cons

Push for billing, not enough vacation time, long hours to meet goals.

Upper management has no idea what the "little people " are doing.

The push for billing hours is unethical.

Former Employee - Field Case Manager in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Field Case Manager in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Remote work, work itself is very satsifying as a nurse case manager.

Cons

Constant push for billing more hours (unnecessary letters, overuse of onsight appt staffing) and even hours amended by the manager after submission by the CM to maximize the billed time is inappropriate, at best. No orientation or education provided (4 hours to learn the computer was it).

CMs strive to make healthcare affordable and efficient but the bonus structure encourages overbilling, all while trying to minimize healthcare costs. The cost for CM care is also a factor for the WC companies and should also be used wisely.

I enjoyed working LTD files for this company and conducting file reviews, as well as meeting with providers and insureds

Former Employee - Dedicated Disability RN Case Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Dedicated Disability RN Case Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

During my first 3 1/2 years at Genex, I had the best supervisor who was the company's branch manager at that time. I did a lot of traveling throughout FL, as well as to locations in Maine, NY and TN to conduct file reviews. It was a fun place to work. I also was able to work from home and manage my own time as needed to complete my work.

Cons

After my supervisor left the company for her own issues of dissatisfaction, my position changed dramatically. My position as a dedicated case manager (for UnumProvident Insurance) for disability/LTD claims did not require documentation of billable hours; however, the new branch manager attempted to penalize me for not meeting billable hours during this period. HR was very helpful in straightening this out on my behalf.

An employee (EE) should be promoted based on time with the company, contributions to the team and qualifications/experience, whether directly or indirectly related to the position. EEs should receive substantial training to meet their needs to fulfill job duties. As for time-off policies, an EE should have the time accrued or will have the time accrued at time requested off. Major holidays should be alternated between employees and there should be appropriate coverage at all times.

Burned out

I worked at GENEX Services

Pros

Working remotely, personal reward of being a case manager, free CEU's, nice coworkers

Cons

Poor management model with primary focus of billing; lots of unnecessary micromanagement; poor benefit package (should not be labeled as competitive when advertised) - limited PTO (also difficulty using PTO as you are asked to be productive on your days off). High turnover of staff; limited room for progressional growth; no true educational support outside of CEU's. poor bonus structure with unrealistic expectations; extremely low morale; poor administrative support; antiquated slow case management system (you can tell by the way it's structured that they don't utilize the suggestions of staff on improvement)

Revamp your system you can catch way more bees with honey. At the very least pretend you care about your staff

threw in the towel

Former Employee - FCM
    Former Employee - FCM

I worked at GENEX Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

none that come to mind

Cons

pressure to bill. High case loads. Micromanagement. Sales people and admin staff are valued more than the nurses. Sales people agree to "deals" for customers that make it impossible for nurses to perform case management.

learn from the lawsuit, and from all of the experiences nurses who are leaving the company. Stop all of the unpaid overtime. Treat the nurses with respect. Stop the micromanagement

IT department

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wayne, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wayne, PA

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nothing good to say about this company. Usless company . Management does not understand

Cons

Lots of micromanagement . Lots of egos . Lots of politics . Lots of Backbiting

Treat emplyee as an asset

Good job out of law school

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Good training with lots of hands on experience.

Cons

Lots of travel and limited bonus structure.

Micromanaging

I have been working at GENEX Services

Pros

Supportive office staff and local leadership.

Cons

Demanding timelines for required documentation is almost impossible to achieve. The bottom line is the dollar not the employees. The atmosphere is very negative and morale is low.

Respect your employees

More cons, than pros

Current Employee - RN Field Case Manager

I have been working at GENEX Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being able to work from home and have some control over your own schedule is the best benefit of this job

Cons

Benefits are expensive and leave a lot to be desired
    Micromanagement from supervisors requesting more billable hours on threshold days
    Billable hours is the bottom line and more and more is expected
    Threatening emails from the supervisors/managers on your billed time "gets old" quickly
    Poor training for field case managers consisting of riding around for a week with an experienced FCM and then you get your own case load
    Computers system is lousy and slow

Pay attention to your employees and engage them in discussions to improve the culture and practices of this company, many would be willing to hang on and iron out the issues, if this continues I don't see a profitable future for this company