GEO Care Reviews

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
1.5

George C. Zoley

You need courage to work here

I have been working at GEO Care

Pros

There is good camraderie amonst the staff. You get a good laugh everyday because sometimes the patients are comical.

Cons

You are working with the mentally ill and some of them are violent. It can be dangerous to your health, both physical and mental.

Treat all your employees with consideration and respect not just the ones you think are important, like the doctors .If an MHT or nurse can get a point for being late so should the managerial staff. In life everyone has similar duties and responsibilities with families and loved ones. Stuff happens.

4 Wonderful years of promotions and raises. I turned in a staff member for abuse and my job was under fire. I was put on

Former Employee - Senior MHT in Indiantown, FL
    Former Employee - Senior MHT in Indiantown, FL

I worked at GEO Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent Corrections officers. Safety was always first. (This is a forensic institution)

Cons

Too much worry by HR about Discrimination, that it was reverse Discrimination.

Pay attention to the people who care about doing their jobs, regardless of color.

Overworked and underpaid .

Former Employee - DTR in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - DTR in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at GEO Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There is nothing nice to say about this company. The job only stresses you out because your doing the job of 3 people.

Cons

There is nothing nice to say about GEO care . The President (GZ)makes $7 million a year and the employees live payday to payday. No raises are given out yearly to employees - Last raise was 1% about 4 years ago. How can a employee provide for their family on that?

You can't give advice to people who don't care - !!!

poor management

Current Employee - MHT in Indiantown, FL
    Current Employee - MHT in Indiantown, FL

I have been working at GEO Care full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some co workers who do a good job despite all the roadblocks that management puts in the way.

Cons

Management that rules by threats and intimidation with no concern for the staff.

GET OUT OF YOUR OFFICE! try to act like you care about the staff. After all they are the ones making you bonuses for you.

Just when I think it can't get any worse ... IT DOES !!!!!!

Current Employee - Health in Indiantown, FL
    Current Employee - Health in Indiantown, FL

I have been working at GEO Care full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

being able to pay my bills.
    Besides this, right now, there is nothing good that I can say about this particular company.

Cons

The administration of a " treatment center" do not care about the people who work there nor the people who work there. They care only about getting their enormous bonuses each year.
    The management wants only to have power trips, instead of listening to the staff and executing appropriate changes.

You need to support your staff and communicate appropriately with them in order to run a company - especially a health care facility - effectively!
    How PEOPLE are treated is more important than how good the paper work looks.
    It would be nice to get a raise more than every 5 years, we do have to live, also.

demoralizing

I have been working at GEO Care full-time

Pros

for the experience in the industry

Cons

middle management office politics goes unnoticed, swept under the rug.