GEO Group Reviews

2.0
GEO Group Chairman and CEO George C. Zoley
George C. Zoley
1 Rating

Pros
  • Great benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K (in 3 reviews)

• Job security, can move up in the company and challenging (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The pay is low and employee are lazy and just don't give a hoot (in 7 reviews)

• Never having a pay raise is a downer (in 4 reviews)

Dissatisfied at Corporate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at GEO Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stability, this company just makes money from inmates, there is no product so they just make money. We do get more holidays off than average I'd say. Pay can be good. Most employees have been given some stock options.

Cons

This company has terrible communication and when you mention this in a meeting, you just get blank stares. Some people have been with them or with a similar company their whole career so they don't have any perspective. If you have worked at a large, structured company, GEO might drive you crazy. Nepotism is quite common at Corporate, along with the usual politics. Most managers in my dept. have no degree and have received no mgmt. training, they think telling someone what to do is managing. In my dept., we have never received any training. My pay is below what the market pays and we have had several people hired for the same position making more. My manager did nothing to fix this. People working at the facilities usually receive low pay with not much opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Education! Put people in charge that know how to manage others, that know how to communicate. Realize that just because it's the way you've always done it, doesn't make it the right way.

Showing 1 of 79 review