GEO Group

GEO Group Chairman and CEO George C. Zoley

George C. Zoley

just don't know

Psychiatric Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) Conroe, TX

Prosloved the patients. the pay was OK.

Consseriously needs new administration and needs to pay their employees better

Long hours and great pay.

Correctional Officer (Former Employee) Big Spring, TX

ProsGreat benefits and pay. Easy job. Not like any prison movie you've seen, it's very different. Great if you love working outdoors.

ConsLong hours. 12-16 hour shifts. Located in Big Spring, TX. Some staff highly rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome officers need more experience on the job they are doing. S.O.'s have no knowledge of how to communicate.

Poorly run, dangerous and terrible work climate.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, CO

ProsVaried and quite interesting population. Terrific co-workers. Brand-new building with plenty of space. Somewhat flexible in terms of scheduling my work hours.

ConsRampant greed, stupidity, short-sightedness and cronyism in the administration. Not enough parking, dangerous lack of ice and snow removal during winter months. Lack of training. Lack of understanding of good correctional practice and professional behavior on the part of the higher-ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times and run your facilities right - don't let the inmates run the institution as a "cost savings" measure. This puts staff at risk, and is just wrong-headed. You might want to consider reducing bonuses and increasing staff base pay.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Under paid over worked.

ProsGood employees, but company only cares about operating margin.

Conscompany values, work environment, and salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed competitive salaries and better training for management.

Great work Experience

Security Clerk (Current Employee) Big Spring, TX

Prosexcellent way to move up in a company and the ability to transfer to other GEO facilities

ConsNo sick leave and no raises

Learned quite a bit.

Correctional Officer (Former Employee) Kinder, LA

ProsSteady job.
    Ok benefits.
    Learn how to deal with difficult people.

Cons12 hour shifts .
    The promotion system is more about who you know than what you know or can do.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to advance you are going to have to brown nose.

Rapid growth allows me to be creative, increasing the company's social media presence related to talent acquisitions.

Recruiter (Current Employee)

ProsGreat team environment where executives truly care about worklife balance.

ConsNo telecommuting opportunities and many tenured employees are resistant to change as it relates to technology.

Good stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity to learn in multiple facets of technology that in other companies you wouldn't be exposed to.

ConsExpect to be called at any time if things are wrong, and not be compensated for being on call. Pay is determined by the individual facility contract, there were people in a facility very close to us that made upwards of 50% more than us for doing the exact same job.

Stay away!

Assistant Warden (Current Employee)

ProsThere are a lot of opportunities for promotion, but that is mostly due to the extent of employee turnover due to dissatisfaction of the workplace environment.

ConsComplete and total disconnect from senior management to the facility level. The corporate office doesn't have a clue, and seemingly doesn't have an interest in getting one.

Negative energy! Lots of bullying from co-workers, no problem solving!

Correctional Officer (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe company is a good one to work for.

ConsAlthough it is a "ZERO TOLERANCE" facility, even if you report issues with other officers, the complaints do not EVER get addressed.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want the company to have a better reputation you need to address all issues professionally. In my experience, if the person being complained about is a favorite, I have experienced Wardens, Captains and Lieutenants not addressing issues. I have even experienced bullying from all levels of co-workers.

Worked for GEO Group? Contribute to the Community!