GF Management

Manager

Current Employee - Hotel Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Hotel Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GF Management

Pros

Smart executives, great learning environment, solid compensation and diverse business. Opportunities for most positions offer advancement potential. Overall a good company to learn and grow your knowledge and experience.

Cons

The company offers little in the way of benefits and could offer a better approach to human resources and work life balance. Opportunities to be a more progressive company but do not take advantage of it.

Very driven

I have been working at GF Management full-time

Pros

GF University is offered quarterly, each one focused on a particular sales market segment. It is well orgaorganized, highly informative, and plenty of time is allotted so that you can interact with your ccolleagues throughout the company.

Cons

Tons of reformatting existing reports into other formats preferred by executive mamanagemenwhich can be challenging to complete when selling should be the main focus. If being on time is not a strength, you must develop it iimmediately. There is no room for tardiness.

Continue offering GF U. It is one of the highlights of the organization.

Does not care about employees! only cares about the bottom line

I have been working at GF Management

Pros

Absolutely none. I'm really trying to think of one positive thing about working for this company. Maybe the fact that since upper management has absolutely no idea how Operations works, no one really gives us a hard time. They would have no idea what they were talking about if they tried.

Cons

too many to list them all but here's a big one...an employment opportunity opened up in my department so I offered it to my best employee. She didn't want the job because of all the crap we have to deal with, smart girl. I was told to hire someone else and RETALIATE against the employee who didn't want the job by cutting their hours. Needless to say, said position is still vacant.

Listen to the employees! People are not happy working for this company and you have the power to change that. The end-game if nothing changes? GF fails miserably.

Disappointing Company

I worked at GF Management full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for the company for 4 years. Their GFU program was innovative and productive. I left those sessions with new insights and excited for the company I was working for.

Cons

The benefits were mediocre at best and extremely expensive.

The hotel I worked was sold and was transferring to a new management company. I strongly considered transferring to another GF property to stay with the company until the company refused to pay the 25% escrow they withheld from our bonus checks for meeting their quarterly sales goals throughout the year. To sum up they kept 25% of the money we rightful earned!

Bad Experience

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at GF Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The property team was very dedicated to providing a great customer experience. All managers were hospitality professionals. Line staff were great.

Cons

Management at a home office level is very unprofessional and manage by fear and intimidation. Most managers dreaded a visit from the regional VP of operations. He would ridicule managers in front of others. Turnover is very high to the home office culture.

Treat people with respect and dignity.

Worked hard, completed my projects, left to hang with no future.

I worked at GF Management

Pros

I enjoyed the hundreds of fellow employees and the competitions every year.(iron chef).
    The support of this group was great.

Cons

The problem that I encountered was that after 3.5 years of service I was forgotten or had no job to move to .
    This co. Does a lot of receiverships and when the property is sold the upper management team does not always have a place to go to.

No advice

Best hotel management company, and I've worked with quite a few!

Current Employee - Guest Experience Champion in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Guest Experience Champion in Cary, NC

I have been working at GF Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have what they are looking for, you will be supported along the way toward becoming whatever you want to be in the hospitality business. I felt like I was given the tools to succeed from the 1st day I met my new management team. They are awesome!

Cons

The only major challenge I've faced is that I just graduated with a Master's in Mental Health Counseling. Leaving GF (I'm writing my 2 weeks notice at the moment) is going to be one of the hardest moves I've had to make because they really are sooo supportive. Anyone lucky enough to be a part of GF who is driven and dedicated to guest services has an amazing opportunity. They are quick to recognize talent and if you have it, in my experience, you will be recognized and appreciated for it quickly.

Keep doing what you're doing... (I'm putting 3/5 stars for Work/Life Balance because they will work you hard, but I promise you your managers will never expect you to work harder than they do - they're VERY dedicated/hard working people!)

Great place for Middle Aged White Men

Current Employee - General Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at GF Management full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and work in multiple locations and job roles

Cons

No benefits
    No effect or consistent communication about expectations or goals. Budget is an ever changing document. Salaries from other hotel personal added on to your payroll without any input from GM and then GM is held responsible for poor performance ratios.
    Screaming, ranting, raging and "going off" on people is not an effective Management Tool. Complete lack of respect shown by Upper Management to each other and Subordinates.
    Upward movement is often based on personal relationships versus abilities.
    Random reassignment, often without consultation with the person being reassigned or relocated.

You can not manage people the same way you manage an asset. Treat people with the respect that they deserve as Human Beings.

Reliable Income

I have been working at GF Management (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will always be busy.

Cons

does not offer feedback or performance reviews on a consistent basis

Great training, great support, great opportunities

Former Employee - General Manager in Franklin, KY
    Former Employee - General Manager in Franklin, KY

I worked at GF Management full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was an inexperienced GM that had been promoted from desk agent to fill an open spot by a scam artist owner that cut corners at every turn. When they took over management of the hotel during a receivership, they gave me the chance to prove myself by giving me the training and support I needed and allowed me to ask questions without making me feel stupid, plus, after I had been trained they gave me a quality pay raise to go with it. I learned so much in the 12 months I worked for them. Thank you for all the support Chris and Todd.

Cons

Learning the reporting process and meeting deadlines, but if you ask for help you will get it. Just be genuine and willing to learn.

I'd have stayed with y'all forever if you had an affordable benefits package.