GFI Group

GFI Group Chairman and CEO Mickey Gooch

Mickey Gooch

Amazing experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere, short and intense trading. Good for anyone looking for a thrilling challenge.

ConsNo challenges. I would have stayed longer if possible. Market conditions did not allow it though.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sell the company!

Product Specialist

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork here is comfortable, and the colleagues treat each other very kind

Consdealing with complicated FX option pricing knowledge, and satisfy our clients

Glad I Landed Here

Institutional Sales FX (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNYC location is a great work environment, generally friendly and helpful co-workers. Cutting edge technology and strong emphasis on EM and LATAM.

ConsNot any to blame on GFI; Wall St. is over reliant on technology and bogged down by regulation. This is the new reality love it or leave it.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to be

ProsMost people have been with the company for 10+ years. Great people. Feels like a family. Great work life balance. Good benefits.

ConsHave experienced some layoffs, but to be expected. On the upswing now!

I loved it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy schedule was flexible and I really enjoyed all of the people who worked there. It was a fun atmosphere.

ConsNo raise after a considerable time working there and I didn't like the way I was laid off

Quality people and fun place to work

Vice President - Cash Equities (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIf you have many client contacts, the pay is very competitive and better than some of the peer BDs you will encounter. The People & Work Environment are great. It is a fun place to work

ConsResearch, Professional Development, Cross-Training/Exposure to multiple desks and products

Advice to Senior ManagementMore exposure & understanding traders have to other products the more knowledgeable they are when talking to their existing clients which could lead to cross selling or new GFI business across multiple desks

Not bad!

E-commerce (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsIts fun, good location close to Liverpool St, possibility to move through the different products and learn, big investment and technology. Good salary and holidays.

ConsBrokers don't like screens, some management only supports it from when it starts to be profitable.

Advice to Senior ManagementComunicate more with middle management. Some of you have to look at the bigger picture, you have to sow before you collect the fruits...

great environment and learning

New York, NY

ProsGood benefits, perks and environment to work at. Great place to learn and have your first position and establish yourself.

Conslots of traveling, none defined training so it depends on your manager if youll move up. The person that trains you might be a moron and you still have to listen to them.

Advice to Senior Managementhave a better training program, 401k and more integration amongst employees. Also have the cleaning staff really clean the place.

Great place to work, if you are not particular about career growth

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWork is challenging, and you are allowed to experiment with technology (within limits). Get to wear multiple hats during SDLC and found majority of the colleagues to be very technically competent. Overall great environment to work in.

ConsAs with any other small company, opportunities to move up the corporate ladder are slim to nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould move away from flat structure, it's not working. I don't think upper management recognizes this fact. Team leads need to be specified explicitly and recognized, rather than hoping for someone to raise-up and take charge.

Fun during the good times.

London, England (UK)

ProsGood work life balance and an entrepreneurial spirit when the business was moving the right way. Atmosphere like a family, so great as long as the relationship is sunny.

ConsMarkets and trading environment moving against firm. Morale has declined given lay offs and challenges to core business. Power too concentrated in relatively few hands. Management would benefit from a wider range of opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to embrace technology and a more sophisticated product range, which can't be so easily replicated by technology. Firm already doing some of the right things but need to do more.

Worked for GFI Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GFI Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GFI Group CEO Mickey Gooch. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by GFI Group employees.