GFI Group Reviews

Accounts Receivable Analysis

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Analyst  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at GFI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are great. Human Resources department were very helpful and informative. Easy commute to the nyc office. Peaceful location for outdoor breaks. When you need time away from your computer. Company provides a full stock kitchen with tea, coffee, and water.

Cons

Inconsistent training and rude attitude from trainer. As well as discouraging comments from co-workers. Want you to learn everything in a few days or a day. Turn over for this department is extremely high. Once you get to know the atmosphere you will learn why workers leave on bad terms. There is no work/personal life balance. If you are new you will be blamed for the poor training. When in reality you are only as good as the training that is received by the person teaching you. In addition, there is no growth potential in this department. Look for another company instead of working for GFI. The salary offered is not worth such unpleasant environment. You are not even allowed an hour lunch. Half hour breaks are the rule and that's not long enough for such a busy area. Save the stress and frustration for a company that will give you proper training and workers are pleasant. If i could give this department zero stars i would. I wasted my time and energy with this A/R Department. But never again will i make the same mistake twice.

Get someone that is organize and knows how to train others. Stop trying to micromanage every single element of the job. Be open minded to knew ways of teaching and being productive.

Fun in the good times...but aren't they all

Current Employee - Broker
    Current Employee - Broker

I have been working at GFI Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Family-like, casual environment that is highly competitive - being a broker is great if you're into thinking on your feet and making good money, while being able to socialise with colleagues and clients.

Cons

Upper management is disconnected and middle management is generally useless. Company has cut corners with reduced benefits and perks over the last decade, and morale is at an all time low. High staff turnover in the last few years.

Stop spending time on your personal entertainment (and pretending it's for work) and start paying attention to how your middle managers are running your business. There's a reason why talented people keep leaving.

Junior Consultant

Former Employee - Junior Consultant  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Former Employee - Junior Consultant in Lisbon (Portugal)

I worked at GFI Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice place to start your career, they give you a nice support and point you the right way

Cons

higher management is too much disconnected with everyone else, middle management is ok, but it's hard for them to actually change anything,

They should be more honest, direct and piratical.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing experience

I worked at GFI Group

Pros

Great atmosphere, short and intense trading. Good for anyone looking for a thrilling challenge.

Cons

No challenges. I would have stayed longer if possible. Market conditions did not allow it though.

Don't sell the company!

Fun during the good times.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at GFI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance and an entrepreneurial spirit when the business was moving the right way. Atmosphere like a family, so great as long as the relationship is sunny.

Cons

Markets and trading environment moving against firm. Morale has declined given lay offs and challenges to core business. Power too concentrated in relatively few hands. Management would benefit from a wider range of opinion.

Continue to embrace technology and a more sophisticated product range, which can't be so easily replicated by technology. Firm already doing some of the right things but need to do more.

Product Specialist

I worked at GFI Group

Pros

work here is comfortable, and the colleagues treat each other very kind

Cons

dealing with complicated FX option pricing knowledge, and satisfy our clients

ok

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at GFI Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

high salary high pay high OT

Cons

no personal life, bad office enviroment

more time for employee

I loved it

I worked at GFI Group full-time

Pros

My schedule was flexible and I really enjoyed all of the people who worked there. It was a fun atmosphere.

Cons

No raise after a considerable time working there and I didn't like the way I was laid off

Was good.

I have been working at GFI Group

Pros

Most people are good. Sometimes flexible.

Cons

Way too laid back. Not much growth.

Quality people and fun place to work

Former Employee - Vice President - Cash Equities  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President - Cash Equities in New York, NY

I worked at GFI Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you have many client contacts, the pay is very competitive and better than some of the peer BDs you will encounter. The People & Work Environment are great. It is a fun place to work

Cons

Research, Professional Development, Cross-Training/Exposure to multiple desks and products

More exposure & understanding traders have to other products the more knowledgeable they are when talking to their existing clients which could lead to cross selling or new GFI business across multiple desks

Worked for GFI Group? Contribute to the Community!