GHA Technologies

Updated October 28, 2014
Updated October 28, 2014
3.7

George Hertzberg

I can’t imagine wanting to work anywhere else.

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with GHA for around 10 years now and I am so happy to have found this job. It's been great to work from home and spend more time with my wife & family. There is no micro-management, you are paid better than any other reseller I have heard of, and you are rewarded with many different types of promotions & spiffs for doing what you are already supposed to be doing... selling. This is a job you can easily make 6 figures if you just put in a good work ethic for a few years and then reap the rewards of a happy, stable client base. Our pricing is usually competitive with the largest resellers out there and more flexible since we can negotiate our own pricing on a per deal basis with our distributors. There have been many, many times that I have been able to beat out the incumbent larger reseller by just making a phone call to our distributor of choice or direct manufacturer and negotiating a better price. I make at least another 10k or more each year in spiffs from GHA & other manufacturer spiff card programs which allow me to eat at wonderful restaurants, buy gifts for friends & family, & get all the little things for around the house. It's been a wonderful 10 years and I hope to have many more here. The flexibility to work anywhere as long as you have a smartphone really improves the qualify of life as well. No more being stuck in a dirty cubicle all day.

Cons

There are really only 2 challenges. The hardest one is yourself. You have to overcome complacency, laziness, lack of motivation, whatever you want to call it. No one is going to sell for you or give you the orders, you have to go out and get them. Once you have a thriving client base, you have to stay motivated to continue to put forth effort to grow and to keep them happy. Give them the best service and they will be loyal. The 2nd challenge is making sure they pay their invoices on time so you don't lose commission. It is inevitable that some clients will pay late. For the smaller orders it's not worth putting forth the effort to stay on top of those, but for the large ones, you need to be diligent. Make sure they have the invoice weeks before it's due. Become friends with the accounts payable contact and always be nice. They are much more willing to pay on time if you are kind to them when everyone else is probably making those aggressive collection calls that we all hate.

I know you always do your best to keep the sales reps happy and give us an many selling tools as possible to help us succeed. I want to say thanks for everything.

Great company if you want the feeling of running your own business

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive commissions, work from home

Cons

You have to be highly self motivated to succeed

Update your website. Its not the best representation of the organization!

Switching to GHA was the best decision I have made

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Prior to working for GHA, I worked in IT sales in a call center environment. Now that I work from home I get those additional sales that I had been missing out on because the call center closed at 5pm and we were not allowed to work late or or from home. This is one of the first things that I mention to new clients. They love the fact that I can be reached if they need me. GHA has the best pay structure for this industry that I have ever seen. Plus,The owner is always rolling out new promo's for you to get paid even more money.. whether it is attending lunch and learns, going on meetings, taking training courses.. all things which we should be doing anyway. To get paid additional for that is just another one of the many
    perks. It is refreshing to work for a company that really focus on growing and succeeding.

Cons

Working from home can be a double edged sword. You do not have a manager looking over your shoulder making sure you are doing your quotes, making your calls,etc. You have to be a self starter. If you get distracted easily or think you can work an hour a day and get by you will have issues and you will not last.

A Great place to work, if you work hard. This is not an easy business but GHA does it right.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

GHA pays better than any company that I know of in the industry. GHA has daily expectations but they give you direction to compete in the industry.

Cons

Getting some information can be difficult or slow to get out of GHA but they are working on it. There are a lot more tasks that need to be done to complete an order, but that is part of the business and why we are paid well, you are in control.

Make it easier to find information.

More of a Partner than an Employer

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Here are some of the reasons I both enjoy, and profit from working with GHA.
               I work from home. Which cuts down both on driving time and expenses, and makes life much more convenient in general.
               No micro-management. I am free to run and organize my day in a manner that I feel is most productive to growing business.
                Great support from both the sales force, and all of the other internal departments. The owner is a self made salesman who built and guided this company from the ground up into one of the fastest growing VARS in the country. The Point of that statement is that he understand what it takes to sell, and what motivates both sales people, as well as new clients etc... *at my previous employer, none of my 7 layers of bosses had ever held a sales position, which is quite frustrating / Office Space type scenario*
                 Lots of new promotions targeted at helping grow business and add new customers.
                 Fantastic commission / certainly the best that i am aware of in the technology industry. I like money, and if you are successful in sales, it's better to be paid more money for the same job.

Cons

I see some people struggle to consistently work from home. The fact that GHA does not micro-manage, means reps need to be highly motivated and ambitious in order to succeed. You have to provide the necessary structure to your day in order to succeed.
    No one is going to hold your hand.

No problems with management (isn't that a rare thing to say?)

Work from home, make what you deserve!

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work from home, great commission plan, lots of bonus opportunities, great line card. The time you put into building your business pays off with great rewards. You are your own manager, and if you work hard, you have great potential earnings. GHA gives you the tools to be successful, if you put in the time and effort.

Cons

If you like being in an office setting with lots of distractions, this might not be for you. You need to maintain your own focus, and set your own priorities. But, that is what a sales person is supposed to do.

Keep up the great bonus opportunities and the excellent comp plan. It is motivating to know that if you hit the gates, which are attainable, you can get great commissions!

9 years and growing

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Keene, NH

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

excellent remote workplace support and environment. Superb commission plan. Ability to work multiple vertical markets with no regional restrictions

Cons

Only the limitations I put on myself . Working remotely one can get isolated from sense of team.
    You need to have mature sales skills to succeed, be self motivated and set own goals

Continue to develop joint vendor marketing ventures

Get paid what your worth as a VAR Account Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Access to all technology to sell hardware, software, services.
    Industry leading GP commissions and bonus plans.
    Outside sales and open territory and work from home opportunity.
    Empowered to create an account base and win business.
    Employee owned company plan in place.
    Financial terms and leasing options for clients available.
    Long-term Corporate Staff in place Marketing, HR, Accounting to support sales professional.
    Highly experienced sales professionals who help me when I ask for their help.
    Expenses reimbursed.
    Payroll two times a month.

Cons

Must sell to get paid.
    Must learn/comply with policy and procedures.
    Takes consistent work to successfully build a client base.
    Competitive industry.

None for now.

The most challenging / rewarding position I have ever held.

I have been working at GHA Technologies

Pros

Best compensation and benefits in the technology reselling industry.
    No micro-management
    A logical, supportive company backing your work
    Sales force is very helpful on questions
    Huge portfolio of technology products and services to provide for customers

Cons

I personally don't consider this a con, but I have seen it hurt people.
    You work at home: So either you have the desire and dedication to REALLY to succeed, or you will not be successful. The responsibilities of an IT sales person are no joke.
    You are 100% commission based, so if you don't work hard, you don't get paid.
    On the flip side, if you do work hard, you won't make more money anywhere else in the industry.

No direct issues with management, they are fair, and willing to consider any request, if backed with a logical business case.

As far as IT sales jobs go, GHA is a breath of fresh air.

Current Employee - I Can Say That I Love My Job, Can You?
    Current Employee - I Can Say That I Love My Job, Can You?

I have been working at GHA Technologies

Pros

Fist and foremost the ability to work at home is awesome. I love that I am not micro managed, at GHA you are judged on what you can do, on what you know and what you sell. There is no one to blame but yourself if you are not succeding. The comp plan really is the best that I have seen and in addition to that we also get stock ownership.

I also like the fact that I am 100% responsible for all my orders. I leverage pricing with the disty's or mfger's, I place the order, I cut the PO, etc

This job comes with full benefits, the ability to get certified on everything from MS to VMWARE and get paid an additional bonus to do so. Like the title says I love my job and not too many people can say that.

Cons

If you are going to work for GHA and you are going to work from home you have to be prepared to work hard. This isn't really a con but some people just can't work from home or manage themselves.
    You have to make at least 50 calls aday. Again not a con but if making calls isn't your thing you aren't going to succeed. You really need to be good at multi tasking as well.

GHA Technologies Photos