GHA Technologies
www.gha-associates.com Scottsdale, AZ 50 to 149 Employees

GHA Technologies Reviews

Updated May 2, 2014

George Hertzberg

Great company if you want the feeling of running your own business

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompetitive commissions, work from home

ConsYou have to be highly self motivated to succeed

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your website. Its not the best representation of the organization!

Switching to GHA was the best decision I have made

ProsPrior to working for GHA, I worked in IT sales in a call center environment. Now that I work from home I get those additional sales that I had been missing out on because the call center closed at 5pm and we were not allowed to work late or or from home. This is one of the first things that I mention to new clients. They love the fact that I can be reached if they need me. GHA has the best pay structure for this industry that I have ever seen. Plus,The owner is always rolling out new promo's for you to get paid even more money.. whether it is attending lunch and learns, going on meetings, taking training courses.. all things which we should be doing anyway. To get paid additional for that is just another one of the many
    perks. It is refreshing to work for a company that really focus on growing and succeeding.

ConsWorking from home can be a double edged sword. You do not have a manager looking over your shoulder making sure you are doing your quotes, making your calls,etc. You have to be a self starter. If you get distracted easily or think you can work an hour a day and get by you will have issues and you will not last.

A Great place to work, if you work hard. This is not an easy business but GHA does it right.

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGHA pays better than any company that I know of in the industry. GHA has daily expectations but they give you direction to compete in the industry.

ConsGetting some information can be difficult or slow to get out of GHA but they are working on it. There are a lot more tasks that need to be done to complete an order, but that is part of the business and why we are paid well, you are in control.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it easier to find information.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

More of a Partner than an Employer

Milwaukee, WI

ProsHere are some of the reasons I both enjoy, and profit from working with GHA.
               I work from home. Which cuts down both on driving time and expenses, and makes life much more convenient in general.
               No micro-management. I am free to run and organize my day in a manner that I feel is most productive to growing business.
                Great support from both the sales force, and all of the other internal departments. The owner is a self made salesman who built and guided this company from the ground up into one of the fastest growing VARS in the country. The Point of that statement is that he understand what it takes to sell, and what motivates both sales people, as well as new clients etc... *at my previous employer, none of my 7 layers of bosses had ever held a sales position, which is quite frustrating / Office Space type scenario*
                 Lots of new promotions targeted at helping grow business and add new customers.
                 Fantastic commission / certainly the best that i am aware of in the technology industry. I like money, and if you are successful in sales, it's better to be paid more money for the same job.

ConsI see some people struggle to consistently work from home. The fact that GHA does not micro-manage, means reps need to be highly motivated and ambitious in order to succeed. You have to provide the necessary structure to your day in order to succeed.
    No one is going to hold your hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo problems with management (isn't that a rare thing to say?)

Work from home, make what you deserve!

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWork from home, great commission plan, lots of bonus opportunities, great line card. The time you put into building your business pays off with great rewards. You are your own manager, and if you work hard, you have great potential earnings. GHA gives you the tools to be successful, if you put in the time and effort.

ConsIf you like being in an office setting with lots of distractions, this might not be for you. You need to maintain your own focus, and set your own priorities. But, that is what a sales person is supposed to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great bonus opportunities and the excellent comp plan. It is motivating to know that if you hit the gates, which are attainable, you can get great commissions!

9 years and growing

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Keene, NH

Prosexcellent remote workplace support and environment. Superb commission plan. Ability to work multiple vertical markets with no regional restrictions

ConsOnly the limitations I put on myself . Working remotely one can get isolated from sense of team.
    You need to have mature sales skills to succeed, be self motivated and set own goals

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop joint vendor marketing ventures

Get paid what your worth as a VAR Account Manager

(Current Employee)

ProsAccess to all technology to sell hardware, software, services.
    Industry leading GP commissions and bonus plans.
    Outside sales and open territory and work from home opportunity.
    Empowered to create an account base and win business.
    Employee owned company plan in place.
    Financial terms and leasing options for clients available.
    Long-term Corporate Staff in place Marketing, HR, Accounting to support sales professional.
    Highly experienced sales professionals who help me when I ask for their help.
    Expenses reimbursed.
    Payroll two times a month.

ConsMust sell to get paid.
    Must learn/comply with policy and procedures.
    Takes consistent work to successfully build a client base.
    Competitive industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone for now.

The most challenging / rewarding position I have ever held.

Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsBest compensation and benefits in the technology reselling industry.
    No micro-management
    A logical, supportive company backing your work
    Sales force is very helpful on questions
    Huge portfolio of technology products and services to provide for customers

ConsI personally don't consider this a con, but I have seen it hurt people.
    You work at home: So either you have the desire and dedication to REALLY to succeed, or you will not be successful. The responsibilities of an IT sales person are no joke.
    You are 100% commission based, so if you don't work hard, you don't get paid.
    On the flip side, if you do work hard, you won't make more money anywhere else in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo direct issues with management, they are fair, and willing to consider any request, if backed with a logical business case.

As far as IT sales jobs go, GHA is a breath of fresh air.

I Can Say That I Love My Job, Can You? (Current Employee)

ProsFist and foremost the ability to work at home is awesome. I love that I am not micro managed, at GHA you are judged on what you can do, on what you know and what you sell. There is no one to blame but yourself if you are not succeding. The comp plan really is the best that I have seen and in addition to that we also get stock ownership.

I also like the fact that I am 100% responsible for all my orders. I leverage pricing with the disty's or mfger's, I place the order, I cut the PO, etc

This job comes with full benefits, the ability to get certified on everything from MS to VMWARE and get paid an additional bonus to do so. Like the title says I love my job and not too many people can say that.

ConsIf you are going to work for GHA and you are going to work from home you have to be prepared to work hard. This isn't really a con but some people just can't work from home or manage themselves.
    You have to make at least 50 calls aday. Again not a con but if making calls isn't your thing you aren't going to succeed. You really need to be good at multi tasking as well.

I'm glad I made the switch to GHA over 7 years ago.

Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery well compensated if you can sell. No ceiling, or limits on what you can earn. The flexibility that comes w/a home office is great. Paid health care is a nice bonus.

ConsMust be a self starter and driven employee. GHA is not going to hold your hand. Success is up to you as an individual sales rep.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! Proud to be part of the GHA team for many years, and looking forward to many more.

Worked for GHA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

GHA Technologies – Why Work for Us?

Who is GHA Technologies? GHA Technologies, Inc. is a nationally expanding network, computer reseller and systems integrator with offices nationwide. GHA is listed as the 32nd largest private corporation in Arizona. We… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at GHA Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for GHA Technologies CEO George Hertzberg. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by GHA Technologies employees.