GHA Technologies Reviews

3.6
George Hertzberg

1. Featured Review

Sales

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

GHA is THE company for highly motivated sales professionals. For the folks that are self motivated, hard working, well organized, work independently, and from the luxury of a home office, the opportunities are endless along with your six figure salary. Trust me this job not easy, and if one does not work and apply themselves 100% each day, you will struggle. You are paid for what you put in !

Cons

If you are a social-lite, want to spend your days chatting with your co-workers, not the place for you. If you cannot not work independently, not for you. If you need to point fingers at others for your failures, not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great leadership, and I love the direction in which we are headed.

Smoke and Mirrors

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GHA Technologies (More than a year)

Pros

Good pricing Manufactures relationships are established with the sales rep.

Cons

Telemarketing focus without getting paid huge turnover out of 130 sales people maybe 20 making real money .. required to make fifty calls daily if not you are not allowed any type of client incentives ... I wonder if the department of labor has any investigation on that ? you are expected to make calls for the company but are not getting compensated.?????? gray area

Advice to Management

none

Jun 23, 2015

I am sorry that the job at GHA did not work out for you. GHA invested thousands to get you trained and set up. Our comp plan for Arizona is a $2,000 non recoverable guaranteed wage, plus 100% of the ... More

Overall decent company

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You truly get to run your own business. They want you to succeed. Best commission structure in the business. Lots of opportunities for bonuses. I had a great mentor. Work from home (pro or con) Decent training program in Phoenix, free flight, food and hotel. (you get paid minimum wage for your training hours) I was able to make decent money in the short time I was there. You get out of it what you put into it.

Cons

You only get paid when your clients pay, and if they pay late then the amount of money in your pocket goes down significantly. So therefore it could be 60-90 days before you see any commission coming through into your pocket. Some certain people within the company lack professionalism. You are held to a certain standard on phone calls, and have to make a minimum amount, and have to talk for a minimum amount of time in order to qualify for the bonus programs. People at corporate were very bad at communicating with things I needed, and sometimes even found out a few surprises that I was not informed of during my interview or at training. Tons of turnover, they seem to hire just about anyone. Returns were a huge pain, if distribution would not take back a return, then the Sales Rep would more than likely be held accountable for the entire dollar amount of that order. However I heard that if it is just a laptop or something, then corporate would buy it to use for training. At the end of the day, I was not comfortable with my clients being responsible for paying my salary. Because with no base salary or draw, that is what it boiled down to. Which was something we had ZERO control over. Other than emailing/calling your clients about their open invoices and asking them if they can pay it. Then you have to worry about being over persistent, and scaring the customer away. I also came to realize that working at home was not for me. Not saying the cubicle life is better, but I would much rather be in a field/office position. But again that is just my opinion. Non-of the cons I listed were at the fault of GHA, just a matter of opinion for the most part, I was aware of what I was getting into (minus the minimum calls).

Advice to Management

Communication with reps could have been better. But other than that, the sales training was good, I learned a lot. Mentor program is great.

Jun 8, 2015

Your post contains false information and omits key facts about our plan. I appreciate the positive feedback but please don't post false information. GHA pays you either a draw or a bonus when you ... More

Let the Truth be Known....

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company that is truly in growth mode with money to invest in its people and training. Uncapped commissions - the sky is the limit. Excellent relationships and support from partner OEMs Work from home / Be your own boss. Mentor program for guidance and support while ramping up. An almost unlimited book of products and services to sell. Excellent Opportunity for the right person.

Cons

Initial ramp up bonuses are tied directly to a performance metric that includes total number of outbound calls and specific email language in appointments set. Not conducive to many sales methodologies that many sales people (including myself) use in the field. Ramp up period is VERY difficult for anyone without the financial backing to weather the storm. Because initial commissions / bonuses are paid (up to) over 60+ days after start date. New employees should be able to live income free for a minimum of 90 days from start date.

Advice to Management

This job could have been wonderful for me - and I'm sure it's a very good fit for many people, HOWEVER,...the plain and honest truth is that many people can not afford to live income free up to 3 months while ramping up their business. Although GHA does provide initial bonuses and even very high initial commissions, these payouts are not realized for up to +60 days from start. In many cases +90 days. It is for this reason alone I was unable to stay on board. I had many opportunities built, meetings scheduled, momentum building, then I realized (after 30 days of putting in effort), that it would be 30-60 days before I would begin seeing income. I could not financially withstand that burden, I began moonlighting as a waiter to make ends meet, and I eventually marginalized GHA out of necessity just to put food on my table. If I would have had the financial means to be financially sufficient for 90 days from my start date, I would have been successful. My advice is quite simple to management: Pay a non-recoverable draw that is NOT based on your own sales methodology / performance metrics for the first 90 days. The proof is in the pudding - You have employees in some states, where the state requires you to pay the draw regardless of meeting goals. I'm sure you have a MUCH lower churn rate from these states. If you are going to invest in a salesperson, don't invest 50% (only covering training week and travel),..invest the full 100% and make sure they can truly concentrate, work hard and put 100% back into GHA. GHA is living the old cliché of "if you don't put 100% in to it, you'll never get 100% back out of it." Spending the money on training and travel then cutting the cord financially while new employees struggle to get started just doesn't work in most cases. And just to clarify, I talked to several other former employees who were in the same boat as me: too financially strapped to weather the storm but initially very opportunistic and motivated. Rethink your initial ramp up period & pay. Give everyone a chance to make it by having a "probation period" for the first 90 days. Pay the 500 draw regardless of performance metrics per week and eliminate the draw after 90 days. You can then tie performance metrics into a bonus plan after 90 days. Cut ties from anyone that either is not beginning to produce or is not following your preferred sales system of cold calling. Wish I would have had money in the bank. I'm sure I would still be there today.

Jun 8, 2015

thanks for your feed back and I'm sorry to hear that you are financially strapped and gha did not work out for you. We try to do everything we can to help a sales person to succeed. Just 3 to 4 new ... More

6. Why GHA?

Current Employee - Vice President Sales
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

An incredible company to work for. Employee owned, flexibility, ESOP options, family environment. Negative reviews are humorous. I came here from a well known competitor and wouldn't change my decision for the world. The promotions, bonuses, compensation plan is second to none. Yes, this job is hard, yes this job requires 12-16 hour days for the first year...yes...but after year 1, it has been 6 figures and increasing each year. If you want to run your own business and make your own personal decisions on your book of business, this is the place. You do not get your book taken from you, no account rep change. The way to sum everything up - If you're motivated, competitive, intelligent, and NOT lazy...this is the place for you. How I describe GHA Technologies to my friends and family: "Who calls this work? What I do each day is talk with my friends, build relationships, and follow through with what I say I'm going to do, this is enjoyment that pays my bills and helps me provide for my family, not work."

Cons

Tough to think of a con...I would say for new hires, they are used to being "micro-managed," and hard to adjust to doing things on your own without someone over your back.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive attitude and passing along colleague success stories - motivation and immediate income raise!

Great Place for Minions!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in None (Italy)

I worked at GHA Technologies

Pros

Really can't think of any. I guess if you're a beginner and eager then it might be the perfect place for you.

Cons

If you have a high IQ or lots of real, and successful, professional experience you don't want to work here. The owner has a super-sized ego and knows everything. Just ask him! Brown nosing is so bad you would think you're back in high school or, in this case, jr high school. Simply couldn't work in an environment where creativity is invalidated and knowing that the job I should have taken with them was as an outside business consultant for their organization. Wow, it really needs a LOT of work! I found something illegal taking place that they had been doing for years and didn't ever know it was illegal!! (Wow, that should have told me right off the bat how knowledgeable they were.) Heard a story from the owner's mouth about a dumb mistake they had made a few years back and was SHOCKED that ANYONE would have been stupid enough to do what he did!! Cost him thousands! Yet, this genius thinks he's smarter than anyone! If you are happy simply doing just exactly what you're told to do and are a great minion, then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Get a job elsewhere.

May 26, 2015

GHA has been in business for 25 years now and there are zero suits liens or judgments against gha or against myself personally. GHA manages $15 million in monthly credit, does an incredible amount of ... More

Technology Solutions Provider

Former Employee - Technology Sales Manager in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Sales Manager in Gurnee, IL

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Excellent Training, Great Product and Product Support, Excellent Earning Potential from the Compensation Plan, Allowed to run your own business. I worked for GHA back in 2005. I failed and left the company within a year. What I do know, and always have, is that I failed, and let me repeat that, it was I that failed, not GHA. GHA provides an excellent environment to be very successful. Hard work must be put in to succeed. Calls need to be made, and not just any calls, but highly focused and effective calls are required. It's not easy, but what is? I failed for a variety of reasons, each of which lands directly on me. If I left my ego and baggage at the door, my chances of success would have been much greater. Thanks go to GHA for providing an environment where exceptional service and salesmanship can be, and is, highly rewarding.

Cons

Not very many. Too many emails were a distraction for me. Again, my fault for letting that distract me from the work at hand.

May 19, 2015

Wow, thanks for your very kind and honest reply! I appreciate it very much! Have you ever thought about reapplying back to gha?

Great Job if money and respect isn

I worked at GHA Technologies

Pros

Travel to Arizona for training during winter months.

Cons

work hard finding leads that are handed out to others while hoping to be paid on promised bonuses and commissions that hardly ever come through.

Advice to Management

practice character and ethics

May 5, 2015

The comp plan is the best that it has ever been, it was presented to you upfront, and it allowed you to give away the first free solution on GHA and earn a bonus and pay rate well above the industry ... More

Liars figure..and figures lie

Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Minions do well here, so if you suck up, you're the perfect candidate.

Cons

Deceptive compensation programs which change nearly every month.l

May 5, 2015

Our compensation programs have only gotten better and in your favor, if you can't give a solution away and earn a bonus, what is deceptive about that? GHA invested thousands to help you to succeed ... More

Great Company, GHA cares about you and your clients.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in Technology Sales for over 10 years. GHA is the first company I have been with that truly care about you and your client base. I have had multiple instances where upper management has step out of their way to keep a client and myself happy over the financial well being of the company. It is truly hard to find that in this field. I would recommend this company to any of my close friends or clients.

Cons

I can't think of any major issue. It's the first time in a long time I have been happy working for a company.

Advice to Management

No direct management and it is great! To the owner keep up the good work. Keep listening to the sales members!

RSS Feed </> Embed