GHA Technologies Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
28 reviews filtered by
4.0
George Hertzberg

1. Great Company, GHA cares about you and your clients.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been in Technology Sales for over 10 years. GHA is the first company I have been with that truly care about you and your client base. I have had multiple instances where upper management has step out of their way to keep a client and myself happy over the financial well being of the company. It is truly hard to find that in this field. I would recommend this company to any of my close friends or clients.

Cons

I can't think of any major issue. It's the first time in a long time I have been happy working for a company.

No direct management and it is great! To the owner keep up the good work. Keep listening to the sales members!

2. Best company to work and do business for a long term.

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Best reason to work at GHA that you can earn unlimited income in very short period of time. GHA offers draws for every new account you open and pay it weekly. commission is more then your expectation and higher then any other sales organization. GHA has long term relationship with all major IT manufacturers like Dell, HP, Lenovo, IBM, EMC, Microsoft, Apple and many more. GHA offers a a week paid sales and product training in company HQ at Scottsdale, AZ. After that you are assigned to a mentor for a few months to do the everyday business. It give you opportunity to work from home so you can balance your life with work and family. Management will help you so that you can reach your goals. You can reach any one including president of the company if you need help. Every one help each other and make GHA most friendly company you ever worked before.

Cons

If you keep a positive approach, nothing can harm you. Working from home maybe a challenge if you are not busy in the beginning. Make yourself busy in cold call or customer appointments. Result will start coming in and you will start getting paid.

Doing great in managing so many sales and support staff. May want to minimize number of daily emails including daily sales reports. It may be better to get it on weekly basis.Sales people ask too many questions which could be answered by checking SharePoint, searching in Google or calling disty partners.

Streamlined Company, No Micromanagement, and an environment of success for Motivated Sales People

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

GHA is awesome to work for. I work from home, which allows me greater flexibility and access for my customers. There is no micromanagement, and I am left to run my day in the way I feel is most productive and efficient for my growth.
    I worked at another reseller for 5 years before joining GHA, and in the past 4 years, I have tripled my income with less stress, more flexibility, and supported by a fantastic company and co-workers.
    The tools, promotions, and discretion GHA gives to the sales people make my job very easy. The only reason I do not make even more money than I do is there are not enough hours in the day.
    It is my honest opinion, that if you are a dedicated, hard working, intelligent sales people with impeccable integrity, there is not a better technology reseller to work with. If GHA was not the best company I had ever worked for, I would not work here. Life is to short to not love what you do, and who you do it with.
    I am 100% happy, and I will retire from GHA a very wealthy and happy man.

Cons

You work from home, so while I feel that is a huge advantage for some, it also has it challenges if you are not a self-motivated, and upbeat sales person. This is not an easy job, you need to be efficient, positive, and creative on a daily basis.

Great Job if you already have a book of business.

I have been working at GHA Technologies

Pros

Work from home, Expansive product line to sell, over 1000 SKU's.
    Paid Training (they fly you to Scottsdale AZ for a week) on vendors products.
    You are well paid for setting up appointments with vendor reps and customers , and conference calls.
    They pay for you to have a VOIP phone line installed in your home office.

Cons

No Base Salary. Closely monitored by corporate to see if you have made 50 to 90 phone calls a day. (they probably have the ability to listen in on your calls)
    Unless you have customers already, it will be hard for you to be successful.
    High turnover of reps

Pay a base or draw. Training should have more about the internal system's, CRM, product Database

GHA Technologies Response

Feb 23, 2015

GHA has never listened in on calls made by sales people and never will. We have learned that if the calls and appointments are made, the probability for success is very good and many sales people are ... More

I can’t imagine wanting to work anywhere else.

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with GHA for around 10 years now and I am so happy to have found this job. It's been great to work from home and spend more time with my wife & family. There is no micro-management, you are paid better than any other reseller I have heard of, and you are rewarded with many different types of promotions & spiffs for doing what you are already supposed to be doing... selling. This is a job you can easily make 6 figures if you just put in a good work ethic for a few years and then reap the rewards of a happy, stable client base. Our pricing is usually competitive with the largest resellers out there and more flexible since we can negotiate our own pricing on a per deal basis with our distributors. There have been many, many times that I have been able to beat out the incumbent larger reseller by just making a phone call to our distributor of choice or direct manufacturer and negotiating a better price. I make at least another 10k or more each year in spiffs from GHA & other manufacturer spiff card programs which allow me to eat at wonderful restaurants, buy gifts for friends & family, & get all the little things for around the house. It's been a wonderful 10 years and I hope to have many more here. The flexibility to work anywhere as long as you have a smartphone really improves the qualify of life as well. No more being stuck in a dirty cubicle all day.

Cons

There are really only 2 challenges. The hardest one is yourself. You have to overcome complacency, laziness, lack of motivation, whatever you want to call it. No one is going to sell for you or give you the orders, you have to go out and get them. Once you have a thriving client base, you have to stay motivated to continue to put forth effort to grow and to keep them happy. Give them the best service and they will be loyal. The 2nd challenge is making sure they pay their invoices on time so you don't lose commission. It is inevitable that some clients will pay late. For the smaller orders it's not worth putting forth the effort to stay on top of those, but for the large ones, you need to be diligent. Make sure they have the invoice weeks before it's due. Become friends with the accounts payable contact and always be nice. They are much more willing to pay on time if you are kind to them when everyone else is probably making those aggressive collection calls that we all hate.

I know you always do your best to keep the sales reps happy and give us an many selling tools as possible to help us succeed. I want to say thanks for everything.

Training was how to sell more than how to process an order and use the tools, was lost when I got home.

Former Employee - Regional Sales Representative in Milford, NH
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Representative in Milford, NH

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are no good reasons to work here.. they promise you the moon and make it sound easy to get extra bonuses but when it comes down to it they are almost impossible to achieve.

Cons

No CRM tool. Demands are ridiculous.

Get better ordering system. Lighten up on demands on your sales rep. Example, it a rep has a days travel to visit a customer with a manufacturers rep how can they still make 25, 45 seconds calls. that makes it impossible to get the bonus.

GHA Technologies Response

Oct 22, 2014

We are sorry that the job hasn't worked out for you. Just two benefits to the client qualifies you for the appointment bonuses and many sales people qualify everyday. Just compare our compensation ... More

Great company if you want the feeling of running your own business

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive commissions, work from home

Cons

You have to be highly self motivated to succeed

Update your website. Its not the best representation of the organization!

Switching to GHA was the best decision I have made

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Prior to working for GHA, I worked in IT sales in a call center environment. Now that I work from home I get those additional sales that I had been missing out on because the call center closed at 5pm and we were not allowed to work late or or from home. This is one of the first things that I mention to new clients. They love the fact that I can be reached if they need me. GHA has the best pay structure for this industry that I have ever seen. Plus,The owner is always rolling out new promo's for you to get paid even more money.. whether it is attending lunch and learns, going on meetings, taking training courses.. all things which we should be doing anyway. To get paid additional for that is just another one of the many
    perks. It is refreshing to work for a company that really focus on growing and succeeding.

Cons

Working from home can be a double edged sword. You do not have a manager looking over your shoulder making sure you are doing your quotes, making your calls,etc. You have to be a self starter. If you get distracted easily or think you can work an hour a day and get by you will have issues and you will not last.

A Great place to work, if you work hard. This is not an easy business but GHA does it right.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

GHA pays better than any company that I know of in the industry. GHA has daily expectations but they give you direction to compete in the industry.

Cons

Getting some information can be difficult or slow to get out of GHA but they are working on it. There are a lot more tasks that need to be done to complete an order, but that is part of the business and why we are paid well, you are in control.

Make it easier to find information.

More of a Partner than an Employer

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Here are some of the reasons I both enjoy, and profit from working with GHA.
               I work from home. Which cuts down both on driving time and expenses, and makes life much more convenient in general.
               No micro-management. I am free to run and organize my day in a manner that I feel is most productive to growing business.
                Great support from both the sales force, and all of the other internal departments. The owner is a self made salesman who built and guided this company from the ground up into one of the fastest growing VARS in the country. The Point of that statement is that he understand what it takes to sell, and what motivates both sales people, as well as new clients etc... *at my previous employer, none of my 7 layers of bosses had ever held a sales position, which is quite frustrating / Office Space type scenario*
                 Lots of new promotions targeted at helping grow business and add new customers.
                 Fantastic commission / certainly the best that i am aware of in the technology industry. I like money, and if you are successful in sales, it's better to be paid more money for the same job.

Cons

I see some people struggle to consistently work from home. The fact that GHA does not micro-manage, means reps need to be highly motivated and ambitious in order to succeed. You have to provide the necessary structure to your day in order to succeed.
    No one is going to hold your hand.

No problems with management (isn't that a rare thing to say?)

GHA Technologies Photos