GHA Technologies Reviews

Updated March 12, 2015
28 reviews filtered by

Work from home, make what you deserve!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great commission plan, lots of bonus opportunities, great line card. The time you put into building your business pays off with great rewards. You are your own manager, and if you work hard, you have great potential earnings. GHA gives you the tools to be successful, if you put in the time and effort.

Cons

If you like being in an office setting with lots of distractions, this might not be for you. You need to maintain your own focus, and set your own priorities. But, that is what a sales person is supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great bonus opportunities and the excellent comp plan. It is motivating to know that if you hit the gates, which are attainable, you can get great commissions!

Great job if you enjoy selling and actually try

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Reading the reviews from the former failed sales reps really motivated me to write this review. Especially the recent one about the person thinking of committing suicide. I feel really, really sorry that you would feel that way but you should never allow something like a job affect your personal happiness. If a job isn't right for you, leave. If you get fired, it's not the end of the world. A job does not define who you are or your happiness. I hope you get help and support from your friends and family and can live a happy life!

That being said there are always going to be positives & negatives with any job so I'll try to list them here for those thinking of looking for employment in sales at GHA.

First, the number 1 thing you need to succeed at GHA is motivation. Most of us work from home and you have to be motivated to actually work when there are so many other distractions & tempations working from home can bring. If you want a job that will make you 6 figures but you only have to work 1-2 hours a day, this isn't it. If you want a job where everyone will hand you clients and all you do it take orders all day and get paid 6 figures to do it, this isn't it. If you want a job where you can sit back and watch tv all day and just collect paychecks for doing nothing, this isn't it. If you are motivated, positive, and are willing to make phone calls to find new business, and visit local clients & make lasting friendships, this might be the job for you. I am a senior rep here at GHA and have been here over 6 years. I worked in a cubicle in a corporate environment in I.T. sales for 5 years before that and I can say honestly that this job was the best thing I ever could have found. Micro-management was killing me as a sales rep with my previous employer, and most inside sales jobs are that way. GHA gives you the ability to sell the way you want to sell with very little micro-management other than a sales report that takes very little time to fill out once per week. And that is only if you are struggling. If you are selling, GHA is happy, you are happy, they leave you alone and let you sell. They treat you like an adult and expect you to act like one. I personally love that approach but again, I reiterate that you have to be self motivated. If you are just starting out and do not have any existing clients, you need to make 50 calls a day to prospects minimum if you want to succeed. Since the job is strictly commission, you have to actually sell and can't rely on a salary to fall back on if you are not selling. I have mentored many sales reps over the years and the number 1 reason why they fail is because they are not willing to pick up the phone and talk to someone. I would suggest that every negative review from someone that is no longer with the company would have the same characteristics: they blame others for their failure when they sat back and expected business to come from thin air without any effort. Most sales reps that fail make 5-10 phone calls per day and after 1-2 months they leave. They were hoping for a job where business is handed to them and everything is done for them. To succeed at GHA you have to go out and get the business. Make phone calls and work hard until you have an established client base of regularly buying clients. If you do this, you can easily make 6 figures within 1-2 years and there is no reason why you can't make at least 50k your first year. If you already have an established client base that you can use, you should easily be successful and double or triple your income from your previous sales job. Overall I think this is a great job that allows you to avoid traffic (no commute!), spend more time with your family, make a great living, and make lasting friendships with your clients.

Cons

The cons are you have to actually work. You can't rely on others to make you successful. You have to follow-up with your clients regularly on their bills to prevent them from paying late which can decrease your commission depending on how late they pay. It is very hard for sales people with no existing clients to be successful because they are not willing to make the phone calls necessary to find new clients. You have to be good at multi-taking since you are basically running your own business with backend invoicing & problem support from the corporate office in AZ. You do get many emails per day that you have to go through but that seems to be the norm with almost all corporate jobs from what I have heard from other reps that came from other sales positions.

Advice to Management

I am happy for the most part with everything. You keep the sales reps happy by keeping our commission rate the highest I have ever heard of.

9 years and growing

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Keene, NH
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Keene, NH

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

excellent remote workplace support and environment. Superb commission plan. Ability to work multiple vertical markets with no regional restrictions

Cons

Only the limitations I put on myself . Working remotely one can get isolated from sense of team.
    You need to have mature sales skills to succeed, be self motivated and set own goals

Advice to Management

Continue to develop joint vendor marketing ventures

Get paid what your worth as a VAR Account Manager

I have been working at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Access to all technology to sell hardware, software, services.
    Industry leading GP commissions and bonus plans.
    Outside sales and open territory and work from home opportunity.
    Empowered to create an account base and win business.
    Employee owned company plan in place.
    Financial terms and leasing options for clients available.
    Long-term Corporate Staff in place Marketing, HR, Accounting to support sales professional.
    Highly experienced sales professionals who help me when I ask for their help.
    Expenses reimbursed.
    Payroll two times a month.

Cons

Must sell to get paid.
    Must learn/comply with policy and procedures.
    Takes consistent work to successfully build a client base.
    Competitive industry.

Advice to Management

None for now.

Former account manager

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are none. Get a real job. You will be broke when you leave. I gave it one star because it was the lowest.

Cons

This job is a waste of time. Most of the new sales reps wash out in the first six months. There are few people making over $100,000, many under $50,000 even people that have been there for a long time. You assume all the risks of running a business. Any bill not paid after 30 days stops commissions. If never paid, you pay it back. Be prepared to work 12 hours a day. There are no benefits here. Insurance is available if you meet quota. I was not aware that any one in our group was able to meet quota or get benefits. They pay your telephone and give you an email. The sales volume of the Company does not mean anything. You are paid a per cent of the profit on the job. This can be 2-3% of the sale goes to the salesman. If you sold $1,000,000, this becomes $20,000. Not many in the Company sell $1,000,000 a year anyways. And prepare to be ridiculed and humiliated for your mistakes as the owner encourages mentors to share their opinions with others via email. Be prepared to use savings to pay your bills because your paychecks will be few. You will get fired at the whim of the owner. You can get hired here easily because you work for free and you cost them nothing. And they even pressure you until you quit or get fired.

GHA Technologies Response

Feb 13, 2013Manager, Corporate Recruiting/HR

Thank you for your input, however, it is relatively innaccurate. Of note:

Approximately 30% of our Sales Professionals exceed $100K in income, with our top Sales Professionals exceeding $300K
    ... More

Don't waste your time!

I worked at GHA Technologies

Pros

- Paid flight ticket and hotel
    - Vendor(NOT the owner) presentations
    - Worked with a great Mentor

Cons

- No Base Salary
    - They'll take your book of clients
    - Too much micromanagement

Advice to Management

- Stop stop exploiting people by offering NO base salary. This is America!

GHA's great company model, combined with your great work ethic, yields even greater financial rewards.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GHA Technologies

Pros

GHA was just bumped up in the VAR 500 list and is now ranked at 196, up 136 spaces from the year before. The VAR500 is a list of the largest value-added resellers, solution providers and integrators in North America by revenue size. Revenue size is determined by the amount of annual products and services sold over the course of 2010.

Needless, to say if you have very high revenue sales then there are a lot of people making very good six figure incomes because of the high commissions. You do not make this list if your sales force is not selling and your sales force willl not stay if THEY themselves are not making money.

Don't take my word for it. Look at the VAR 500 list and while you are there look at the INC 5000 list as well. You will see that this company is moving forward .... Rapidly. Facts are facts.

You have the ability to work from home and there is a high degree of freedom. You are offered medical, dental and a 401K and in addition you will be offered a Stock Ownership Plan. You have the choice of selling literally over a million products if you wish. You receive the highest commission rate in the VAR reseller industry.

You literally have an extensive amount of freedom, you are treated fairly, and if you have a solid work ethic you will be rewarded. If you are waiting for the phone to ring perhaps this is not the place for you. The market has changed significantly as we all know, and with that thought change sometimes if very uncomfortable. We adapt if needed. If you want to make money and enjoy change then this company is the place to be.

Cons

Having an extensive amount of freedom is somewhat of a double-edged sword. You have to manage yourself without someone supervising your time. As a result, there are some people who fail because they simply lack time management skills.

Filing a weekly report which takes about half an hour to complete may seem tedious (the words salesman and report mix like oil and water). Again, it is a very short report but necessary nonetheless.

The market has changed; you can no longer rely on dated business practices. You have to go after business either through cold calling or via email. The days of letting the phone ring and writing out an invoice are over. This is where people get frustrated and, as a result, they tend to blame everyone and anyone but themselves for poor sales.

Advice to Management

Do not fix something that is not broken.

Demoralizing corporate philosophy, poor leadership, and an all-around exploitative and unpleasant workplace.

I worked at GHA Technologies

Pros

Money, pure and simple. If you have exceptional sales talent and - most important of all - if you have a book of business with established clients, you can make in excess of $100,000 a year.

Cons

Too many to list, but here are a few:

1) Owner/founder/president is a micro-manager with a remarkably inflated ego and little regard for his sales reps. Example: every rep is required to submit a weekly email to the owner outlining activities & accomplishments; be prepared to have your email blasted to all the other reps with harsh criticism by the owner. No privacy, no respect, maybe even a few HR issues as a result.

2) Reps work out of their homes, except for a few at AZ HQ, and all are on full commission with a recoverable draw. Owner did not bother to observe wage and hour regulations in the states where reps were located, resulting in gross under- or non-payment of minimum wage, and has even tried to recover draw paid to reps who quit or were fired (which may be against the law in some states). Is this someone you want to rely on for a paycheck?

3) Most communication among reps and management by email is "cc:"d to everyone, and you should be prepared to sift through 100-plus internal emails a day - in addition to the 100-plus emails from clients and vendors. A major time-waster, and an impediment to effective selling.

3) The "sales strategy" changes every month, sometimes every week. They are triggered by whatever the "hot issue" of the day is on TV or in the papers. For example, when Swine Flu was a hot issue, we were lectured constantly about how much money we could make selling washable keyboards and mice to health care institutions and schools, and what a great door opener it would be. When I tried this lame approach my customers a) laughed at me and b) stopped returning calls ...

4) The comp plan changes even faster than the "sales strategy" with more and more gates, hurdles, and conditions slapped on so that it takes a degree in math to figure it all out. But the bottom line is that compensation overall has dropped by 10% to 20% for the average rep over the past couple of years.

5) Many reps who join the company with an established book of business (contacts / customers) have been fired with little notice (and little apparent cause) after working for GHA for less than a year, sometimes only a few months. The customer relationships they brought to GHA are then handed out to the GHA reps with most longevity (or who suck up to the owner). Grossly unfair and exploitative.

6) The office staff at AZ HQ act as if they are terrified of the boss, and scurry around like scared bunnies. The most bizarre office environment I have ever witnessed (during my week of training at HQ).

Advice to Management

Why bother? You'll never listen to this advice. But just for the heck of it:

1) Step back and get out of the email exchanges and micromanagement of sales reps.

2) Structure well thought-out policy, strategy and compensation plans - then let others execute on them.

3) Hire an experienced operations manager / GM and help them help the reps to succeed - if you do this, there will be plenty of money for everyone at the end of the day.

4) Hire a *real* law firm that can structure compensation plans that comply with the laws in all states where you have a corporate presence or sales rep.

5) Stop terrorizing your office staff with rants and intimidation. If you do, they will become you best assets in the entire company. If you don't they will eventually turn into your worst legal/HR nightmare.

The Grass IS Greener on the Other Side

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time

Pros

Please refer to the title of the review.

Cons

When I left, the manager told me something along the lines of, "well, the grass may not be greener on the other side". I was appalled on the fact that someone in management would even say this to an employee who was kindly resigning and giving them the proper notice.
    There are better jobs out there: the pay, better environment, and co-workers are happy to assist you! Thank you GHA, the little experience I received let me obtain a job that I absolutely love now!

Advice to Management

Think before you speak.

I was a Technical Sales Manager

I worked at GHA Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay if you could get your clients to pay on time.

Cons

The accounting work, collections, and the stress to see if your clients would pay on time.

Advice to Management

Charge a fee to have the accounting work done since you have so many accountants there.

GHA Technologies Photos