GHD

Add Photos

GHD CEO Ian Shepherd

Ian Shepherd

So Far, So Good!

Resident Project Representative (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay and above average benefits. I work out of a remote office that was bought out by GHD a few years ago, so it still has that small company feel.

ConsSome projects involve way too many engineers from multiple states and/or offices. It's hard to get them to make a timely decision on issues encountered in the field. It can take weeks to get an answer on trivial things that could have been worked out locally and in a few minutes. The management structure is complicated, it's hard to tell who's in-charge of what. Also, GHD has too many acronyms for things, if you work here you know what I'm talking about!

pretty much average

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has international branches.

ConsThe company high employment turnover.

Great Family Atmosphere and Opportunity for Advancement

RPR (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood Stable Company that has its eye on Growth.
    Above average Benefits

ConsIt is hard to get leadership involved with regular project tasking. But, peer review is readily available and compitent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake Training and outside Professional Developement more available.
    Keep and eye on day to day in office staff matters.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Project Manager

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people and team players.

ConsManagment Oversold Opportunity, Company doesn't have bandwidth to support growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to evaluate business units relative to the business functions of GHD. Departments with un-qualified staffing must partner to meet the needs of the normal job functions.

Project Manager

Project Manager - Civil Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLots of opportunity to move around the world

ConsBig Company overhead, distracts from job

Take the opportunities presented

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Doha (Qatar)

ProsWork in a challenging environment with global clients.
    Highly motivated team that works together.
    Travel the world with one organisation.

ConsDifficult contractual conditions can make working a challenge however that is the same for all consultancies working in this region

One GHD? Rather OUR GHD!

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsAbove average salary (slightly)
    Nice bicycle shed (BNE office)

ConsSenior Management (Owners) are detached from the workforce.
    Retrenchment ethics are questionably ethical - are definitely morally deficient

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you really want employees to embrace your mantra "One GHD" stop hiring and retrenching as the wind blows. You want employees to embrace your vision - then embrace theirs and be a loyal employer.

Good depending on you role, gender and economic times

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canberra (Australia)

ProsMost of the people are great to work with and there is always at least one exciting project in the pipeline. Training is offered, industry networking is strongly encouraged and teams work well together.

ConsOccasionaly secretive with major decisions, and terrible communication between some senior staff makes life difficult. The culture is conservative bordering on dull, and equality exists strongly some days and is non-existent for others. No willingness to embrace change.

Good company

Consultant (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsGreat projects, good technical people to leverage off, broad client base, travel opportunities, employee owned company able to make its own decisions

ConsPeople tend to be anonymous to upper management in larger offices, work life balance can be poor at times depending on manager

Good employer, lots of very skilled people, 'One GHD' but not really operates as separate unites

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morwell (Australia)

ProsSurrounded with lots of good people, good opertunities to move around Australia or even the world. reasonable pay. Generally peolpe work together.

ConsVery dollars focused, all about productivity. Reward for great works is the same as for poor work. No performers can hide in such a large organization

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good worker better, don't just focus on share holders.

Worked for GHD? Contribute to the Community!