GIVF Reviews

GIVF Cryobanks

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

I worked at GIVF

Pros

The Cryobank does interesting and meaningful work in a highly competitive industry.

Cons

Upward mobility is virtually nonexistent. It is expected that laboratory staff will only stick around for a couple of years before they either move on or are forced out to make room for less-experienced workers who command a smaller paycheck.

It is impossible to have a productive, highly efficient workplace without respect, transparency, trust, and open communication.

5 years worked at mid-management

Former Employee - Mid-management in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Mid-management in Fairfax, VA

I worked at GIVF full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

pert of being able to help people

Cons

bad management, no training, unnecessary stress, low pay everyone is disposable for GIVF. Management did not value devotion, experience or productivity

training takes time and money, keep employees

Stay away... far away ... worst experience ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at GIVF full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

knowing that the company was able to assist couples with reproductive issues have a family.

Cons

EVERYTHING!! Double standards for all employees. If you don't KISS UP and make nice to supervisors your work day is straight torture. Required to be business dress when you never encounter anyone but your co-workers, IT department doesn't even know how to fix a printer. Constant changing of policy, procedures and schedules, what was correct today will get you a written warning tomorrow. NEVER file a complaint on a senior employee or think that the "open door policy & confidential information" applies, cause it does not you will be the discussion of every smoke break for the rest of your tenure. Benefits are 30% of your bi-monthly paycheck... worst place in Northern Virginia to even consider working

DAVID WISE ----- FIRE EVERYONE in a supervisory position and start over to save the company!!!!

If you want to just be a cog in a money-making machine, this is the place for YOU!

I worked at GIVF full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

cutting-edge technology--you get to feel like you're part of something big

Cons

- I saw one reviewer say that this bunch is "cheap." That's like saying like saying professional basketball players are slightly above average in height. ALL, and I mean ALL efforts, procedures, policies...EVERYTHING...is geared towards making the doctors richer. That's it and that's all. If you have a Ph.D. or M.D., maybe this might be a good...no, great, place for you. Otherwise, forget it.

The average employee does NOT want to see the CEO's vacation slides as part of the annual meetings!!!! It's like saying: "Look, everyone! Look where I can go, but you'll NEVER be able to afford to, since we take everything and leave you the scraps!"

Progressed from my original position over 5 years to a senior position, great company.

I have been working at GIVF

Pros

Ability to grow in leadership positions, amazing work being done to create families. Work with diverse staff with interesting backgrounds.

Cons

Challenge having sites in different cities, but there are opportunities to build professional skills sets in communication and leadership that help with managing remote sites.

It was a nightmare, poor management, idiot employees

I worked at GIVF

Pros

Working at a remote site where we were out of plain view helped and not having to dress up every day

Cons

There is no support from management during audits and inspections or when equipment fails. They are cheap and will not adequately train employees

Listent o your employees, give praise where praise is due, inform your employees of what is happening in the company. In genereal, just show people the respect you would like to be shown in return.

Bad

I worked at GIVF

Pros

Far from headquarters and not easily visible

Cons

Too many to name -- very poor support

Provide support to your staff