GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

2.8

Marcus Bryson

Lean on resources

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

New opportunities on good aerospace programs with a variety of customers

Cons

Resources to support new programs have been laid off or left to work for competitors, management only concerned with financial performance instead of customer service

Obtain technical expertise to advise programs on how to perform instead.

Excellent people but too lightly staffed

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

Very interesting products, processes and materials. Wide customer base with interesting work. The entire crew from the floor to just below management is very talented. They will let you work as many hours as you want (including Christmas day, all day) in most cases if you need money.

Cons

Absolutely no training provided at any level, you have to ask for help from your fellow worker on any subject and they'll help you, (that's how they learned). You will become technically less sharp here because of this. Management either does not value the employees or is drowning just like the rest of us are and doing the best they can. Many of the truly talented employees don't last long knowing that they can move to better places that they can benefit and be benefited by.

The layoffs do not help (except in severe useless employee cases)! If there is an employee not doing anything, talk to them, give them a project that will better them and the company until things pick up. Be honest, you can afford to keep the good ones until things pick up. Keep the floor in the know, we are all in the dark. This company is not so small that one person can just pick up the job of a laid off worker, opportunities are falling off the table as both jobs get shoddlily completed.

Be prepared to work a lot of hours

Current Employee - Supply Chain
    Current Employee - Supply Chain

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

Good Health Benefits, Decent Pay, they do try to give bonuses. They recognize service anniversaries and try to host a yearly lunch event for employees.

Cons

Be prepared to work A LOT of hours, they are not staffed adequately and continually lay off and re-hire. Vacation requests are either denied and you are asked to pick a different week when “things are less busy” (it’s always busy) or when you are on vacation, be prepared to answer your phone and work from the beaches of Hawaii or your give up your golf game in Palm Springs to log on and work!

Spend some time measuring tasks and activities and staff accordingly. When people aren’t cutting it, provide feedback and coaching versus letting them slide and pushing a bigger work load on to others.

Great people, bad management.

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

Great people! There are a lot of great employees, good work hours if you want to go to school full time.

Cons

Bad Management and Vision. Management does not care about the employee even though they say they do. Also, no career advancement

Management needs to become a leader and motivate the employee in order for them to be passionate about the work they are doing.

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Programmer
    Current Employee - Programmer

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

Lot of opputunities to grow and learn.
    Supports Family values

Cons

None - so far I can think of

Keep it up.. and Good Luck

Its ok

Current Employee - Aerospace Engineer in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Aerospace Engineer in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

there is really a lock of work here, well lack of interesting work. really friendly staff and approachable management good environment

Cons

there is no work life balance and management expects you to turn up on a sunday to pick up slack left by others.

dont promote within as there are some really uneducated people there and dont know much about the field. they only have made contacts

GKN is running us in the ground!!

I have been working at GKN Aerospace ChemTronics

Pros

We have numerous high profile contracts in the aerospace business that should keep us alive and profitable if management would just operate the business better.

Cons

We get absolutely no feed back or information to as how the business is doing. Management acts as though the employees are an aggravation and hinderance instead of an important asset as we are primary stakeholders in the company.

Management needs to drop the elitist and aristocratic arrogance that it projects toward the staff at GKN. Also some feedback as to the state of the business.